"Pimp my Rider!"

w0ndrfulelectr1c

Hmmm. My first time seeing the Millennium deck. I like it!

.traveller.

rwcarter said:
.traveller., it comes up fine for me.

Thank you Rodney :)

w0ndrfulelectr1c: The Majors are gorgeous but the minors are rather uninspiring... at least to my eyes. That's why I decided to have a go at them.

w0ndrfulelectr1c

I see. I'll have to wait for more photos so I can see these minors. I feel like I've heard that about this deck before. Still, I like what you've done! Now I need to go through my millions of oh-so-precious decks and go to town on them so i can break myself of treating decks like freaking gold bars. haha.

.traveller.

w0ndrfulelectr1c said:
I see. I'll have to wait for more photos so I can see these minors. I feel like I've heard that about this deck before. Still, I like what you've done! Now I need to go through my millions of oh-so-precious decks and go to town on them so i can break myself of treating decks like freaking gold bars. haha.

I'll see if I can get a picture of a few of the unaltered minors. I was having technical issues with my scanner last night, that's why I have so few pics to show. I didn't relish photographing every card under poor lighting.

w0ndrfulelectr1c

Understood. I'm currently going through my decks and the Aquarian is looking like a REALLY good candidate. I hate that deck but maybe this will change my perspective.

jackdaw*

I like the idea of pimping the poor old maligned Jonathan Dee deck - it was my first deck, and I got rid of it because it was just unusable for me.

And the Millennium looks really good, too.

AJ

traveller, are all the pips unillustrated? I can only see 4 of them at the artists site. I'm hampered because I'm not familiar with the deck. So any figures would be what you've added?

Because I'm not living at home I'm a bit hampered because I don't have all my junk to work with, but in the end it will probably make it a more cohesive project...pretty much me and my Sharpies :) I did grab a small magazine out of MIL's garbage last night, I need some arms...

And these first sets of cards will be a learning fields, before I tackle the majors. You can probably imagine what I'll do with the magician, considering the state of the who did what to whom...
http://taroteca.multiply.com/photos/album/425/Saints
Almost makes you sick to look at it...
but beyond that I want google each saint again (I did it when I worked with the deck last year but nothing sticks to my brain anymore) before I alter their card.

Kissa

.traveller. said:
Someone let me know if the link works, I'm trying Flickr for the first time.

Veeeeery nice, I am not familiar with the standard version but I like what you did with your cards :)
Do you have more pics? The link worked just fine.

Congrats!

Kissa

w0ndrfulelectr1c said:
the Aquarian is looking like a REALLY good candidate. I hate that deck but maybe this will change my perspective.

LOL, yes definitely, those white backgrounds (if i remember properly) are asking for a serious pimping IMO...

Eagerly waiting...

.traveller.

The Jonathan Dee would be a good subject. *nods vigorously in agreement*

AJ: Yeah, all unillustrated/nonscenic. The Cups suit have the most creative arrangement, the pentacles and wands are the most monotonous. Swords fall somewhere in between.

Y'up, I added the peoples, glitter, gold and silver paint, some words and transfers. Not everything shows up in the pictures.