"Pimp my Rider!"

Chronata

wow...you guys are so inspiring! What awesome pimping!

I especially love what you did to the Jonny Dee, Kissa...It makes it so much more tolerable!

If I can get my camera working, I'll post the pics of my new and improved Pirate Tarot.

canid

Nail polish! I'm going to start on my new Mystic Dreamer tomorrow - glitter, opalescent...oh, this will be fun. And what about nail jewels? Many of them are flat.

w0ndrfulelectr1c

Love it.

Kissa

The MerryDay reads or should I say sings like it never did before going under slight plastic deconstruction...

Just another argument for those of you who still hesitate.
First pimping is fun to do, stress-relieving, then you get to work closer than ever to the images, a nice way to get to know a deck really.

Finally, you could actually end up with an "as new" readable deck. Let's face it, I can imagine worst things happening when playing with scissors, ink and stickers ;-)

Kissa

canid said:
Nail polish! I'm going to start on my new Mystic Dreamer tomorrow - glitter, opalescent...oh, this will be fun. And what about nail jewels? Many of them are flat.

Oh my!!!! that sounds outrageous!!!! canid, you HAVE to do it asap (if needed, take a day off, boss will understand ;-) ) because we need pics asap LOL

canid

Kissa said:
Oh my!!!! that sounds outrageous!!!! canid, you HAVE to do it asap (if needed, take a day off, boss will understand ;-) ) because we need pics asap LOL

I am I am! I started last night & it is AWESOME. The most gorgeous thing I've ever seen. Red's done, most blues, working on yellow & clear. Just in very strategic spots, some only a tiny dot on a flower, hair strand by strand. I hope a picture will do it justice when I'm done. (HINT: Sally's has a sale on glitter polish.)

canid

Guys 'n gals, throw away those glitter pens! This is the way to fly - it works beautifully. I didn't know what I was getting at the time, but this nail polish is called Stripe Rite & it's in a square tall bottle. The brush is real long & skinny so it's perfect for small places. The only problem I've had is it getting thick after a few cards - it needs to be thinned often or it will clump. I took this pic with the sun shining on the cards, hoping you would get the true glitter effect, but it's still not perfect.

Attachments

• mdpimped.jpg
    mdpimped.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 745

w0ndrfulelectr1c

Wow! They look great! I'm loving Justice right now!

canid

The prettiest one (in person) is the Queen of Wands. I'm only painting on the folds of clothing, every other hair strand, etc. but for some reason the gold on her dress REALLY pops. (Doesn't she look like Kirstie Alley?) The 4 of Pents is beautiful - the gold glitter on those 2 really thin pentacles at her feet really stands out against the darker ground. I'm using a whitish/bluish/pink opalescent polish with just a hint of glitter on the moons - and there sure a ton of moons in Mystic Dreamer, but in some cases I'm just doing the seas on the moon, or if it looks like an eclipse, the rays radiating behind it. This is way fun, but sure takes some time, doesn't it? And I thought trimming was bad...