A radical experiment: Photo Divinatin

NorthernTigress

A radical experiment: Photo Divination

One of the things I love to do is take photographs. Sometimes I do what I call a "camera walk". This is when I just grab my camera, and go wherever my feet take me. I try not to think about what I am photographing or why; in fact I try not to think too much at all. It's kind of a walking meditation, or at least a relaxation exercise.

Today, I went out for a short Camera Walk, and came home with about a dozen photos. So I want to try an experiment in photo divination.

I'll be taking questions here; which I will try to answer by interpreting what I see in the photos. First question, first photo, and so on down the line. Maximum 12 readings, or until I get tired. Feedback will be appreciated, because this is something completely new to me.

1 .traveller -- reading and feedback
2 obeygravity -- reading and feedback
3 filipa -- reading and feedback

4 franniee -- reading and feedback
5 moonspirit -- reading and feedback
6 zannamarie -- reading and feedback

7 margi -- reading and feedback
8 elven -- reading
9 Milfoil -- reading and feedback

10 Razordance reading and feedback
11 celticnoodle reading and feedback
12 DevilishAngel reading

.traveller.

Something odd happened on the way home, but I am not sure it had anything to do with me. What can you tell me?

NorthernTigress

Thanks, .traveller, for joining in the experiment. I just need a moment to let the digital files open, and to get myself into the right frame of mind.

.traveller.

You are welcome, and Thank You :)

I figured it was something I could give immediate feedback on so good for experimental purposes.

obeygravity

Huh, now this sounds curious! I'd love to be a guinea pig for this. My Q is... how will my love life be looking come September?

NorthernTigress

.traveller's reading

.traveller. said:
Something odd happened on the way home, but I am not sure it had anything to do with me. What can you tell me?

Okay, this is a particularly expressive tree that I found almost as soon as I got out my camera. It definitely wanted to be photographed.

On the right side of the tree trunk, I can see a gnome-like face, complete with cap. The gnome appears to be smiling, and it is a very genuine smile, with the eyes crinkled up in laughter. A very happy spirit.

On the left side is what feels to me like an angry, open mouth. I can almost hear screaming or yelling coming from that mouth. There is an empty eye socket that may be trying to look at the gnome. The gnome, however, appears to be ignoring his grouchy neighbor.

I get the impression that whatever odd experience you had today wasn't about you. I feel as if you stepped into the middle of something already in progress. The gnome is telling you that the best course of action is to "mind your own business" (in the kindest sense). Negativity grows only if you feed it.

I hope this helps.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 81

Filipa

i would love one of these as i love photography too
i'll as a simple question what do i mean to PL?

franniee

awesome shot of the tree! :thumbsup: very cool idea NT!! :heart:

.traveller.

NorthernTigress said:
Okay, this is a particularly expressive tree that I found almost as soon as I got out my camera. It definitely wanted to be photographed.

On the right side of the tree trunk, I can see a gnome-like face, complete with cap. The gnome appears to be smiling, and it is a very genuine smile, with the eyes crinkled up in laughter. A very happy spirit.

On the left side is what feels to me like an angry, open mouth. I can almost hear screaming or yelling coming from that mouth. There is an empty eye socket that may be trying to look at the gnome. The gnome, however, appears to be ignoring his grouchy neighbor.

I get the impression that whatever odd experience you had today wasn't about you. I feel as if you stepped into the middle of something already in progress. The gnome is telling you that the best course of action is to "mind your own business" (in the kindest sense). Negativity grows only if you feed it.

I hope this helps.

It could have been coincidence, very cool tree btw. I can totally see the happy face, and while I cannot see the face on the left... it does look to be an angry bit o'bark.
There wasn't any dispute or anything of that nature. Person A arrived first. I arrived second, and Person B arrived last. A and B were some distance away from where I was standing. A and I sort of know each other, but not really. Our only link is a person who was not around at the time. A and B were chatting and I kept catching A watching me. I zoned out for a bit (waiting for a ride) and when I looked to my left, B was there with his phone out (maybe texting? He was holding it a little high though.) very close to me. At that point, he put the phone away and walked back to A.

So just an odd thing overall. A could be the gnome, she's got a round face and always has this big fake smile on. I don't know Person B at all, he could be a grumpy bit of bark for all I know. :laugh:

Thank you for letting me participate, it was fun. :)

NorthernTigress

obeygravity said:
Huh, now this sounds curious! I'd love to be a guinea pig for this. My Q is... how will my love life be looking come September?

This is another tree that wanted to be photographed.

On first glance, the message here might seem negative. The two trunks are far apart, and visibly different as well. However, the strength of a tree comes from its roots. No matter how far apart the two sub-trunks grow, they will always come from the same source.

I think that between now and the Fall there will a trend where you and your Significant Other may seem to be more distant. However, it is healthy for couples to allow themselves to still be individuals. Together, but not the same.

If you are NOT in a relationship right now, I'd say that you will be facing a decision, two paths.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 84