A radical experiment: Photo Divinatin

NorthernTigress

zannamarie said:
I think photo divination is a great way to expand one's intuitive muscles. :)

I'd like some advice about the next seven days. Could be an interesting time for me...

I have to admit, I have a bit of an obsession with magpies. I photograph them whenever I get the opportunity, and I'm never completely satisfied. This time though, it isn't about good composition, it's about what the image has to say.

The first thing I notice is that the magpie is at the corner of the house. Which means that you will be "turning a corner" in the next week. Magpie is also gazing to the right, around the corner. In order to take advantage of what's coming, you will need to be focused on the future, not the past.

The other significant thing in this photo is the window. It is quite large, but the magpie isn't in the line of sight of anyone looking through the window. So someone is going to be "blindsided" by what's coming. Not necessarily you, but the outside observer.

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 57

margi

Hi Tigress,

Could I get one on what will be coming up with my house? We have been working on it financially, remodeling and every other thing you could think of. Photos are one way that I think you can see something that maybe another person would not even notice....

Thanks,
M

NorthernTigress

margi said:
Hi Tigress,

Could I get one on what will be coming up with my house? We have been working on it financially, remodeling and every other thing you could think of. Photos are one way that I think you can see something that maybe another person would not even notice....

Thanks,
M

Okay, photo #7 for you. More Magpies. :D Yes, I really like magpies, so it isn't really THAT surprising that there would be a few magpie pics.

Now, the old rhyme is "one for sorrow, two for joy" and there are definitely two magpies here. A good sign so far. One bird is standing in sunlight, the other one is in the shade. I see both good and bad aspects to what will happen. Both birds are looking to the right, into the future. So whatever progress you have made so far with your renovations won't be undone. However, the shadow on the ground reminds me of a ladder, so I'm thinking that there is more work to be done.

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 55

margi

NorthernTigress said:
Okay, photo #7 for you. More Magpies. :D Yes, I really like magpies, so it isn't really THAT surprising that there would be a few magpie pics.

Now, the old rhyme is "one for sorrow, two for joy" and there are definitely two magpies here. A good sign so far. One bird is standing in sunlight, the other one is in the shade. I see both good and bad aspects to what will happen. Both birds are looking to the right, into the future. So whatever progress you have made so far with your renovations won't be undone. However, the shadow on the ground reminds me of a ladder, so I'm thinking that there is more work to be done.

Thank You!!!! That is sooo cute, but I love your interpretation the most. I also noticed that the wall behind them looks like a castle wall..I love that. I think that is a good omen....and also, it's concrete. The next major thing that we have to do is concrete work.....

Wonderful, and beautiful!

Margi

moonspirit

NorthernTigress said:
Okay, I have to admit that this is a closeup of the previous picture. But the image is significantly different.

The first thing I notice is that there is a lot of white in this image. My thought is that maybe you are "whitewashing" the fact that the money you want to splurge might be better off going somewhere else. To the left, I see several lines converging. You aren't the only person who likes the idea of the new camera. On the right, I see three lines branching off a single trunk. I'm thinking that it will require multiple payments before this expense will be paid off.

Oh Yes I know it could go for other things but I hardly ever splurge. lol

On the other hand, there is the fact this is a closeup shot, with a lot of detail in the image. This are the very traits you want from a good camera. The question you need to ask yourself is whether what you'll get from having a better camera will be worth the extra expense.

Thank You.:heart: It will be a difficult decision. Its more so of wondering if photography will be a good avenue of creative renewal. If so then the expense would be worth it.. Love the picture I love interesting looking trees.

Elven

I'd love a reading from your photo collection.
Sounds fabulous.
Number 8 is my life path number - so I ask "Am I still on the path and walking in the right direction?"

Cheers
Elven x

Milfoil

This sounds like a photographic sort of 'Medicine Walk'. :) Would you add me to your list - I am fascinated.

Would you also allow me to share this (no personal details/readings) method etc with a group I will be talking to later this year?

franniee

NorthernTigress said:
Let's see what comes up for this question.

:laugh: you asked for another tree; you got one.

No faces this time, but I am attracted to the overall pattern of the bark here. All the lines are twisting and intertwining; like a rope, or woven basket. The message here appears to be that there is no one single "right answer". Yes, you are on the right track right now. But if things change, and you have to adjust, that too will be the "right track". Even though there appears to be dozens of different paths, they are all part of the same tree. Flexibility and adaptability are key.

Well that is good news. So I am on the right track and will remain on the right track even if the track adjusts a bit. :) I am adaptable so it's all good! Thank you NT! :heart: very interesting way of reading.

NorthernTigress

Elven and Milfoil, I'm going to have to get to your readings when I come home from work. These seem to be taking me between 15 minutes and a half an hour to interpret, and I don't want to get to work late.

Milfoil, I don't mind sharing my technique with other people. The idea sort of burst full-formed out of my head, like Athena, :laugh: so I don't feel all that "possessive" about it.

Elven

Whenever you can is fine by me.
Thankyou so much for taking the time to do them - they're wonderful!

Cheers
Elven