Dice Divination/Cleromancy using 5 dice and Ninjutsu philosophy

cardlady22

emmsma said:
For now I have a small compact - sans makeup - that is perfect for casting my mini dice into. :)
Now that is an adorable idea! Thinking of the ones I threw away when they dropped and got the cake chipped, etc.

emmsma

And since I've sortof figured out what my 5 dice can represent, I can really start using these minis. And they are only .99 a piece. Not bad for an oracle.

I actually went back and ordered a bunch more. Wonder if they will arrive today.

They are super cute. I can send you a set if you tell me what colors you want.
Think I got 4 of every color that was in stock. :)

cardlady22

Ooooo! Squeal! One of each, please. Just let me know (PM) how many there are & I'll send you a money order, emmsma.

ETA: Glancing through at book diagrams, I found that order of planets/spheres.

Terra
Luna
Mercury
Venus
Sol
Mars
Jupiter
Saturn
fixed stars

**How in the world did I miss posts 22 & 23?! Good grief! Can't trust a browser to return to the right place anymore.

lefthandedgoth

You can get cork tiles at an office supply store, or possibly walmart (can't remember where I got mine). They often come in a 4-pack with adhesive squares for sticking into lockers, onto walls, etc.

I do like those Michaels trays. I use them for drying incense, among many other things.

For casting surfaces you might also consider...

--non-slip webbing under a cloth (I use the shelf liner stuff under my tablecloths when I'm doing a show so I don't have to keep adjusting them. Also good for rugs!)
--corkboard as mentioned
--backside of placemats
--backside of mousepads
--craft foam
--low-nap carpet sample
--terrycloth

lefthandedgoth

Anybody out there?

You guys ready for me to go into this a little deeper? Let me know when you're ready!

Ande

emmsma

Hey there! You got more to share?! Sure, spill. I've printed your earlier posts, for offline consulting but had one heck of a week and didn't have much time to work on it.

Would love more material for study. :)

lefthandedgoth

oh yeah, I haven't even gone into the pips in any kind of detail. But this is the part where I've just been making it up as I go along for each reading, so give me a couple days to organize my thoughts. Then I will sound brilliant when I post it, instead of the jabber my posts usually are.

Yes, it is GOOD to compose emails in your word processor, well away from the accidental send button.

this weekend was crazy busy, thanks to mum's day and all. I've also been working on my yard, ripping out honeysuckle where it shouldn't be creeping. Discovered two rose bushes I didn't know were there. (recently moved into this house, it's our first spring here.)

The reason I started this thread was that I was hoping to get to the point where I would actually have to nail down the "meanings" of the pips.

Any color in particular you'd like me to do first?

kaleanna

emmsma said:
For now I have a small compact - sans makeup - that is perfect for casting my mini dice into. :)

I just found this thread. Very kewl :D

GMTA :) Here is the container that I have the dice you gifted me in emmsma :)

Attachments

• tn_100_5001.jpg
    tn_100_5001.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 79

lefthandedgoth

haven't given up on this thread, just been a little distracted by Mother Nature's gentle breath here in Oklahoma City. Just this week (and it's only Thursday) we've had two days of tornados and two other days with humongous hail. I haven't been hit, yay, but still have to stay glued to the TV.

lefthandedgoth

OMG I fell off the planet!

I don't remember what distracted me the last time I posted (or meant to post but didn't).

But I am back on the forum now and will try to do an update. I seriously have not done anything more on this system -- just been busy. It'll be a good incentive for me to work on it if I can commit myself to be more active on this forum.

Sorry for leaving you guys hanging! :(