Professional oracle readers?

Little Hare

Hi all :D

Anyone here who is a professional reader that uses oracles? I'm curious because i'm going to start charging for readings soon and i prefer working with oracles.... I find at this point things are just so much clearer using oracles

Anyone here use em? if so what oracle do you use and why?

Love

Little Hare

merissa_88

Hi Little Hare,

I only read professionally part-time, but I use oracle cards most of the time. I've used the Crystal Ally Cards for professional readings for a few years. And even when I used tarot, I usually throw in a Crystal Ally Card for a little more information. I also feel that oracle decks give me more information than traditional tarot - or maybe different kinds of information. Also, sometimes people want to go out and buy or wear the stones associated with their readings.

Which deck or decks are you playing with now? Peace, Merissa

Aulruna

Also not a full-time reader, but I started offering oracle readings about two years ago. Actually, many sitters do not know the difference between a lesser known Tarot deck and an oracle deck, anyway!

So far, my regular decks for paid readings are Dragonfae, Spirit of the Wheel, and Celtic Messages. They have all striking artwork and are quite versatile and balanced ... I don't like decks with a strong focus on a specific aspect, as you never know what may come up for the querent.

Little Hare

Thank you both for the answers :) much appreciated.

I have found that people can't tell the difference between tarot and oracle cards. I find readings flow alot more when i use oracle cards.

<3

Mi-Shell

I use Oracle decks as well as Tarot.
My Native American clients most often have no idea what Tarot is, but they want to know, what the "Grandfathers and Grandmothers" are saying.
With that I is meant the Animals.
Their prefered decks are the Medicine Cards together with 1 or 2 Sacred Path cards and also the Spirit of the Wheel.

Little Hare

Thanks Mi-Shell,

Its so great to get everyone's insights. At the moment i'm working really well with the ancient feminine wisdom of goddesses and heroines oracle cards . I am going to use them when i start reading professionally.

Anyone who wants to see cards, here is the link:
http://www.goddesswisdomreadings.com/Cards/AncFemWisdom.html

Chronata

I use both oracles and tarot, and charge the same for each.

Sometimes a single oracle card will answer a question that the tarot is being vague on!

I use Madame Endora amnd the Celestial Wisdom cards regularly.

but I have also used the Phoenix cards and Caroline Myss Archetype cards for when I do past life readings

Occasionally, I have used Morgans

And of course I use any number of bits, baubles stones and things to read as well!

MareSaturni

I don't read professionally, but I use a deck called "Playing Cards Oracles" to read for me and others. The deck's creator, Ana Cortez, is a professional reader and she only uses this deck to read! You can find a video of her doing a reading on youtube :)

Professional oracle readers exist! And I agree with Aulruna, most of querents can't really tell the difference between tarot and oracles, unless they use tarot themselves.

Little Hare

I'm interested in ana cortez and her deck :) will check that video out. I love the idea of using playing cards... but the many different methods confuse me :D

I'm planning to start doing paid gigs when i move in 6 weeks and am more comfortable using oracle cards. I love tarot... but for myself i find the messages come through alot clearer when using oracles

<3

Little Hare

nisaba

Little Hare said:
Anyone here who is a professional reader that uses oracles?
Tarot is an oracle. I use Tarot, so I use oracles.

I also supplement that with using a pendulum, another form of oracle.

And I also use the Australian Animal Cards, a non-Tarot form of card-oracle.

I do dream interpretation for others, another form of oracle, as well as having the odd prophetic dream of my own (waiting to see how one unfolds in the world right now, in fact).

And I read entrails, a time-honoured oracle dating back to the stone age. Which entrails do I read? Well, not dissected chickens. I read my own entrails, ie, my "gut" and its feelings.