Transparent Oracle study group?

Golden Moon

Will photo shots be posted for those who don't have the deck? Of course with Sidhe-Ra permission:).

NorthernTigress

Golden Moon said:
Will photo shots be posted for those who don't have the deck? Of course with Sidhe-Ra permission:).

I'm going to include photos in some of the relevant threads (when we start talking about the actual cards). But I'm not planning on starting a thread that's nothing but card images.

Gypsy Wolfwoman

TO study group -

Hope I'm not too late to sign up for this group; life exploded after my last post right before the Fall Equinox and I've been "out of pocket" for a while. Still LOVE the TO (thanks again to Em!), has kept me going more than once . . .

Still my best-loved deck even if I've missed the boat leaving the dock!

NorthernTigress

Gypsy Wolfwoman said:
Hope I'm not too late to sign up for this group; life exploded after my last post right before the Fall Equinox and I've been "out of pocket" for a while. Still LOVE the TO (thanks again to Em!), has kept me going more than once . . .

Still my best-loved deck even if I've missed the boat leaving the dock!

There's always room for more people. Jump right in.

brightcrazystar

Hi, I am interested in this deck, more for astral work than specific divination.

Can someone give me a rundown of the aspects of it? I know elements and directions are a big part, which makes me think Sepher Yetzirah. But there are 70 cards, right? A quick analysis or outline of which directions and elements used, plus inclusion of one-offs, wild cards, or such? I am trying to see how these map to other cosmological models. Are there divisions akin to Minor and Major Arcanum?

Thanks!

brightcrazystar

BTW, I bought two decks of these so I play with reflection and symmatry.

I just can't imagine not being able to do that with a transparent oracle, which I have toyed with designing myself (and still might)

If this works, I will perhaps get two more, and work with them in fourfold symmetry.

NorthernTigress

brightcrazystar said:
Hi, I am interested in this deck, more for astral work than specific divination.

Can someone give me a rundown of the aspects of it? I know elements and directions are a big part, which makes me think Sepher Yetzirah. But there are 70 cards, right? A quick analysis or outline of which directions and elements used, plus inclusion of one-offs, wild cards, or such? I am trying to see how these map to other cosmological models. Are there divisions akin to Minor and Major Arcanum?

Thanks!

I'm not the deck's creator (that would be Sidhe-Ra) but it seems to me that the T-O doesn't really follow any system but it's own. Mind you, I could be wrong.

There's a pretty good overview in the first posting of the "general discussion/system" thread. There are no Majors and Minors; each Direction has ten cards. Not exactly the same ten for each direction, but balance is important. The closest this deck comes to Major Arcana would be the Above, Below and Within directions, which are deliberately different from the others. Above and Below seem to involve more "deep philosophical ideas" while Within helps with introspection and the connection between one's own inner world and Reality "out there."

Feel free to add your own ideas to any of the study group threads.

brightcrazystar

Actually, it follows a qabalistic model directly.

Aleph (Fool) Mem (Hanged Man) and Shin (Judgement) are the three mother letters, and represent the dimensions of Height, Depth, and Width.

These are the greatest abstractions of the elements in Tarot, and also symbolic of the Mercury Salt and Sulfur.

These are defined by
Above (Magician), and Below (High Priestess) - poles of The Fool
East (Empress) and West (Fortune) poles of The Hanged Man
North (Tower) and South (Sun) poles of Judgement
And The World as the within...

This is seemingly the model for the construct of the universe as understood by the Adept. There is a tree of life model for each one, resulting in 70 overlapping images which define the Transistional Forces which bind the Tarot into a cohesive order. They represent the Seven Palaces of Assiah in the Ten Spheres of the Tree of Life.

I did some research and there is a LOT of wisdom in this oracle, stuff that simply doesn't replace or map to the Tarot, but rather defines it as a sense of currents that interplay as opposed of a fixed set of identifiable milestones in existence. It is the paper, scissors and paste that hold the deck together, so to speak. I am soo jazzed to get this now!