The Tarot of Vampyres

Essjay

I got this deck a little while ago but only just used it the other day for a reading exchange. It's brilliant, really comes into its own in a reading. Although I liked the pictures I wasn't sure about it at first but it really does have a great deal to offer.

This is a very good example of keeping a deck and waiting to see how you feel about it later. Normally I make a quick judgement and then decide to trade/sell. But being October I thought it deserved an outing. I think it's strength (apart from the beautiful art) is in the small details. Also, am embarrased to say that I haven't even looked at the book yet.

Guiding Cauldron

I was trying to get a grasp on the suit of scepters and had a look at where the artist was trying to go with it.

It's well known that Vampyres are suppossed to be repelled by the Cross, however I really like how the artist has taken the Positive approach on a seemingly negative idea/item.

Instead of being repelled by a cross the vampyre instead uses their strength to overcome the negative thought processing of most and turns it instead to their own strength and a source of vindicated power. That really struck a cord with me amd I can fully appreciate what is being said with this suit now. I'm still really liking and learning a lot from this deck, thank you!

blackrainbow

I got my deck today. havent had a chance to look at it yet.

MrAndrewJ

Got mine, too. The deck is in the plastic wrap, still, but I'm reading the book.

It seems to fit very, very smoothly with my own philosophies toward life, tarot, fear and achievement. I think I'm going to like this deck.

Londubh

I finally caved and opened mine, I've had it for weeks. It's just as angsty and petulant as I thought it was going to be but I'm not ready to toss it out either.

I haven't had a chance to read the book or do a reading with it. I don't feel I can make a fair decision until I do.

MrAndrewJ

Alright -- I'm curious. The deck is still in its shrink wrap and I'm absorbing the book.

I've gone through a few dozen pages and enjoyed the discussion, but I have a question.

How well does this book explain concepts like the Tree of Life, Sephiroth, Hebrew alphabet, and such?

This is the first book I have held which even spends this much time on the subject.

paraphysical

Got my deck yesterday. Started reading the book. I did look through the deck to get a feel for the cards and to admire the artwork.

MrAndrewJ

I'm not going to take off the wrap until I can make a proper bag for the cards.

Aerin

OK, so I sat on the fence for soooo long that amazon decided to bring the dispatch date forward and post me the deck.

Well, I suppose it can have a BG bag if it is Good.

MrAndrewJ, I have no idea if the book covers those subjects well because I have deliberately not learnt them :)

Someone else will know but they may not be around this thread. I tend to take quite a lot of info with a pinch of salt because I've seen things that I know are wrong stated withy great certainly in books. What we need is an Expert who is, in fact, an expert.

turtlebite

MrAndrewJ said:
Alright -- I'm curious. The deck is still in its shrink wrap and I'm absorbing the book.

I've gone through a few dozen pages and enjoyed the discussion, but I have a question.

How well does this book explain concepts like the Tree of Life, Sephiroth, Hebrew alphabet, and such?

This is the first book I have held which even spends this much time on the subject.

I've only read about these things briefly in other books and the explanations seem similar/the same. Is that what you mean?