The Tarot of Vampyres

inanna_tarot

WolfyJames... I 100% agree with you completely.

And I also agree the deck should have come with a cute organza bag like most Llewellyn decks come with these days.

Im currently re-reading the companion book and I really wish I get to meet Daniels one day. He is really on my wavelength.

OctoberGwen

I included my Vampyres set in a trade package which netted me my BoGo Silver...totally worth it, obviously. However, I do miss it so I ordered another copy from amazon just recently. ;)

It's quite an addictive little deck. And I loved your description of it, WolfyJames.

AnneLien

It has arrived and I'm so happy!!!!
The only negative thing is that the cards are just wrapped in plastic, grrr I just hate that! I don't have a bag for it yet, so it goes together with the vampires of the eternal night in a bag.

Can't wait to read the book.

WolfyJames

After reading some parts of the book and dabbling with the deck, I'm happily surprised to see the deck is based on the Thoth. Yet it's written on the box it's RSW. Weird. Good thing I've been using the Liber T of Tarot of Stars Eternal for a good two years and that I've read books about the Thoth. I'm not lost and confused with the Thoth and so I'm comfortable with the Vampyres. It's as if the Liber T had said "I'm not weird violent gory enough, let's become gothic!". I'm just mentioning it since there aren't many Thoth-based decks, especially gothic Thoth-based decks. So for Thoth fans out there, it's worth the purchase.

gregory

inanna_tarot said:
And I also agree the deck should have come with a cute organza bag like most Llewellyn decks come with these days.
Well - don't forget it was after pressure from - people like us - about the fact that those bags fell to pieces as soon as you put a card in them that they stopped supplying them.... I have to say I don't miss them. I make sure I have a supply of cheap bags from the dollar store for these moments !

I do agree that it has NOTHING to do with Twilight. I think it's gorgeous - a different take on vampires !

Le Fanu

Oh, yes. I was one of the ones calling for the end of those organzy bags. So glad they've listened. I'd rather keep them in an old sock...

Aerin

Le Fanu said:
Oh, yes. I was one of the ones calling for the end of those organzy bags. So glad they've listened. I'd rather keep them in an old sock...

Me too. Hated them, looked daft and fell to pieces as soon as you looked at them. But what I wanted was a tuck box, I don't understand the stupid large white box thing.

Anyway mine is in a Memento Mori baba bag :D

Interesting that people see the deck as thoth-y, I can read it from a RWS perspective without any issues... don't feel lost in any way as the pictures seem to fit.

I've never seen Twilight just the pictures - both that and this deck seem to be a romanticised take on vampires? They are very pretty.

Le Fanu

Aerin said:
But what I wanted was a tuck box, I don't understand the stupid large white box thing.
With tuck box it might rattle around a bit. Best is when you have an "inset" that the deck slots into (like MRP kits) and then you can include the book and a tuck box.

Mine was in Sulis' Corpse Bride bag but then it got upstaged by the New Orleans Voodoo Tarot and went back into it's box...

WolfyJames

I would have loved to have a bag with mine too! The deck has been telling me it wants the black and red bag the Bohemian Gothic Silver came in so now I have to buy a Strength Bohemian Gothic bag for my Bohemian Gothic Silver because it doesn't want anything less. I shall do that in january. Ah decks!!!

Am I the only one who sees Louis de La Pointe du lac in the Prince of Grails and Lestat de Lioncourt in the Prince of Knives from Anne Rice?

OctoberGwen

WolfyJames said:
Ah decks!!!

Yes, they are SO demanding. :D

WolfyJames said:
Am I the only one who sees Louis de La Pointe du lac in the Prince of Grails and Lestat de Lioncourt in the Prince of Knives from Anne Rice?

Now that you've mentioned it: NO, you are not the only one. Love it! I really have to reread the Chronicles, especially the first two books, which are my favorites.