SwordsQueen's reading - 4 Quadrants

Northwest = intuition/spirit
Northeast = thought/intellect
Southeast = environment
Southwest = emotion

Observations:

Northwest: empty

Northeast: empty

Southeast: 5 items. stone scorpion on its side; stone frog upside down; toy leopard and toy tiger; blue bead in a wire cage

Southwest: 3 items. Key, pearl brooch and snowflake obsidian cube. The brooch is on the edge of the wall between Southwest and Southeast.

---

Interpretation:

Another unbalanced reading. First and foremost is to look at what is missing right now: Intellect and Intuition. What is it that is blocking your Mind and Spirit right now?

Environment: What is blocking you? It appears to be your environment. The scorpion is a big warning sign, but this is on its side, unable to strike. The danger is nearby, but not immediate. My two Big Cats are fighting, something I've never seen before. There is a major conflict in your life right now. The frog is upside down; something is interfering with your ability to adapt to change. The caged blue bead tells me that your creativity is also being blocked.

Emotion: I have a key in my oracle to show me the "key" to unlocking the situation. In this case, the key is emotional. The pearl brooch is trying to form a bridge between emotion and environment. I'm having difficulty finding the meaning to this piece, but I think the focus here is on both finding beauty in your environment to refresh your emotional state, and also "smoothing out the rough patches". The answer to how to do this comes from the snowflake obsidian, which helps to produce balance between the Physical and the Spiritual, as well as finding patterns that need to be changed in your life.

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 46

NorthernTigress

victoria.star's reading - spreadcloth

The majority of the image is a five pointed star, with a symbol in each point: female at the top, love on the left "arm", hate on the right "arm", sorrow on the left "leg" and joy on the right "leg". At the center of the star is the symbol of a key. Outside the star are other symbols. At the points of the star are elements: Spirit, Air, Fire, Water and Earth. In between the points of the star are the seasons: Autumn, Winter, Spring and Fall. Lastly, at the base of the star is the symbol for male.

---

Observations:

I see very little in the Key sector. I see a gold star-shaped bead. There's a large seashell overlapping between the Key sector and the Hate arm. Also in the Hate arm is the blue caged bead. In the Love arm is a smaller seashell and a piece of coral. In the Female sector at the top of the star are the two brooches: the turquoise is facing up, the pearl facing down.

Outside the star -- a tiny Man in the Moon between Autumn and Earth; a turtle in Winter. A rose has its bloom in Winter, with its stem crossing through Hate on its way to Air.

---

Interpretation:

It seems that there is no real central issue here, although the star bead reminds me of an asterisk (for emphasis?). The objects that are closest to the star are the shell and coral in the Love sector. Both of these are Water creatures. The message I feel here is a simple one: go with the flow. Just outside the Love is a smiling Man in the Moon in Autumn. The full moon is romantic, so the Love you are seeking is coming in the Fall.

In the Hate arm is another larger seashell that has been smoothed and worn into something like a Touchstone, combined with the caged bead. The lost of love comes from feeling of being trapped in a situation/relationship that has become too familiar. There is an amber-colored rose that is connecting Winter, Air and Hate. How can we have Love in Autumn and Hate in Winter? Maybe it has something to do with over-thinking things (Air) but mostly I think it has to do with the Turtle who seems to be eating the bloom! Taking things slow seems to be the wrong tactic this time.

The last thing, which I am having troubles interpreting, is the two brooches near the Female symbol. I'm not sure if this refers to you yourself, or another female in your life. The reversed pearl brooch makes me think of being out of touch with one's feminine side. The blue brooch was something I found on the ground, so I think of it as "the unexpected". However, turquoise itself is associated with friendship, peace and protection from negativity.

---

I hope this helps. I'll have to do the last reading tomorrow, because I'm getting really tired.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 51

victoria.star

Feedback!

NorthernTigress said:
The majority of the image is a five pointed star, with a symbol in each point: female at the top, love on the left "arm", hate on the right "arm", sorrow on the left "leg" and joy on the right "leg". At the center of the star is the symbol of a key. Outside the star are other symbols. At the points of the star are elements: Spirit, Air, Fire, Water and Earth. In between the points of the star are the seasons: Autumn, Winter, Spring and Fall. Lastly, at the base of the star is the symbol for male.

What a lovely spreadcloth! Thank you for the photo, it really helped me understand what you were looking at.

NorthernTigress said:
---

Observations:

I see very little in the Key sector. I see a gold star-shaped bead. There's a large seashell overlapping between the Key sector and the Hate arm. Also in the Hate arm is the blue caged bead. In the Love arm is a smaller seashell and a piece of coral. In the Female sector at the top of the star are the two brooches: the turquoise is facing up, the pearl facing down.

Outside the star -- a tiny Man in the Moon between Autumn and Earth; a turtle in Winter. A rose has its bloom in Winter, with its stem crossing through Hate on its way to Air.

The large seashell overlapping reminds me of where I live, although it is not by a sea, it is by a Great Lake and we live only one block away from the beach...the sound of the water pounding is constant here, especially in stormy times...reminds me that, perhaps, a key to 'riding the waves' of emotional instability (like hatred) is 'key' to well-being...and that emotional turmoil is a 'key' to seeing what is working and not working in my life...

Actually, this makes much sense to me! If things are so turbulent and hatred and ugliness (which I think is part of hatred) are so prevalent, than maybe a long hard look is required...

My husband has been a friend of mine for over 20 years, but we have only been married for One year...our friendship was smooth yet the marriage is a bit rocky...the seashell overlapping the key and hate areas are interesting and make me think I need to really look at some stuff...

The BlueCAged bead is me. My heart. I know it. I must uncage my sadness before I can heal the anger and ugliness and bad feelings inside.

The smaller shell and the coral are my children, in the Love Arm. They love me, no matter how sad or depressed I am. I must always remember that! (oh no, I am going to cry now...gosh, this touched a nerve.)

The Pearl Brooch is my daughter, I think. I was cranky with her yesterday and I regret it. I don't want her to turn away from me. I must nurture her feminine side, which I probably stepped upon. Argh.

The Turquoise Brooch...man, I need that protection from negativity! And, perhaps, I need a female friend...I moved to a new town and haven't made any friends yet...this reminds me that to protect my feminine side, I need friendships and to protect my female self, my Heart, from negativity.

NorthernTigress said:
---

Interpretation:

It seems that there is no real central issue here, although the star bead reminds me of an asterisk (for emphasis?). The objects that are closest to the star are the shell and coral in the Love sector. Both of these are Water creatures. The message I feel here is a simple one: go with the flow. Just outside the Love is a smiling Man in the Moon in Autumn. The full moon is romantic, so the Love you are seeking is coming in the Fall.

In the Hate arm is another larger seashell that has been smoothed and worn into something like a Touchstone, combined with the caged bead. The lost of love comes from feeling of being trapped in a situation/relationship that has become too familiar. There is an amber-colored rose that is connecting Winter, Air and Hate. How can we have Love in Autumn and Hate in Winter? Maybe it has something to do with over-thinking things (Air) but mostly I think it has to do with the Turtle who seems to be eating the bloom! Taking things slow seems to be the wrong tactic this time.

I hope things improve by the Fall. The Man in the Moon gives me hope.

NorthernTigress said:
The last thing, which I am having troubles interpreting, is the two brooches near the Female symbol. I'm not sure if this refers to you yourself, or another female in your life. The reversed pearl brooch makes me think of being out of touch with one's feminine side. The blue brooch was something I found on the ground, so I think of it as "the unexpected". However, turquoise itself is associated with friendship, peace and protection from negativity.

Maybe the Turquoise is a surprise friendship, just around the corner? Or much needed protection for my Feminine Heart, which seems to be misunderstood lately. Unexpected protection for my Female side...sounds like a dream come true!

NorthernTigress said:
---

I hope this helps. I'll have to do the last reading tomorrow, because I'm getting really tired.

This reading was a wonderful experience, NorthernTigress! :angel: Thank you so much for the photo, it was lovely! The reading did help and it was so kind of you to offer it. :)

I hope my feedback was helpful. May I offer you a three-card reading?

Thanks again and let me know if you would like a reading! :heart:

saleeneh

Dear Northern;

NorthernTigress said:
Thanks for the feedback. I'd love a junk reading in return. They are addictive, aren't they? ;)

I found my junk. sounds funny doesnt it?? LOL do you have a question or would you like a general?? I do a VERY free from style, I just put my hand in grab a hand full of various stuff and throw them on a cloth. (thus time is an issue, but I have dice I throw for time questions if needed) They have been really accurate so far though! let me know... XOX S.

NorthernTigress

saleeneh said:
I found my junk. sounds funny doesnt it?? LOL do you have a question or would you like a general?? I do a VERY free from style, I just put my hand in grab a hand full of various stuff and throw them on a cloth. (thus time is an issue, but I have dice I throw for time questions if needed) They have been really accurate so far though! let me know... XOX S.

Well, my birthday is coming up (June 9) so just an idea of what might be happening for me around that time would be great.

NorthernTigress

victoria.star said:
What a lovely spreadcloth! Thank you for the photo, it really helped me understand what you were looking at.

Thanks, the spreadcloth was designed and painted by shamoness. She gave them out to her group during the first Flotsam and Jetsam random-object exchange.

The large seashell overlapping reminds me of where I live, although it is not by a sea, it is by a Great Lake and we live only one block away from the beach...the sound of the water pounding is constant here, especially in stormy times...reminds me that, perhaps, a key to 'riding the waves' of emotional instability (like hatred) is 'key' to well-being...and that emotional turmoil is a 'key' to seeing what is working and not working in my life...

Actually, this makes much sense to me! If things are so turbulent and hatred and ugliness (which I think is part of hatred) are so prevalent, than maybe a long hard look is required...

My husband has been a friend of mine for over 20 years, but we have only been married for One year...our friendship was smooth yet the marriage is a bit rocky...the seashell overlapping the key and hate areas are interesting and make me think I need to really look at some stuff...

The BlueCaged bead is me. My heart. I know it. I must uncage my sadness before I can heal the anger and ugliness and bad feelings inside.

The smaller shell and the coral are my children, in the Love Arm. They love me, no matter how sad or depressed I am. I must always remember that! (oh no, I am going to cry now...gosh, this touched a nerve.)

The Pearl Brooch is my daughter, I think. I was cranky with her yesterday and I regret it. I don't want her to turn away from me. I must nurture her feminine side, which I probably stepped upon. Argh.

The Turquoise Brooch...man, I need that protection from negativity! And, perhaps, I need a female friend...I moved to a new town and haven't made any friends yet...this reminds me that to protect my feminine side, I need friendships and to protect my female self, my Heart, from negativity.

I hope things improve by the Fall. The Man in the Moon gives me hope.

Maybe the Turquoise is a surprise friendship, just around the corner? Or much needed protection for my Feminine Heart, which seems to be misunderstood lately. Unexpected protection for my Female side...sounds like a dream come true!

This reading was a wonderful experience, NorthernTigress! :angel: Thank you so much for the photo, it was lovely! The reading did help and it was so kind of you to offer it. :)

I hope my feedback was helpful. May I offer you a three-card reading?

Thanks again and let me know if you would like a reading! :heart:

Thanks so much for the feedback. It's interesting how so much of what you saw struck a chord with you. I hope that my reading will help you along the way.

I'd love a reading from you, but I'm not sure if it would be right to do it here, since this is a forum for non-card based Divination. Maybe you could post something for me in the Reading Exchange section over in Tarot? I will give feedback, making it a proper "exchange".

jlo

NorthernTigress said:
---

Observations:

There is very little in the central "Key" area. A spiral fossil and a squirrel carved out of stone. In the "Love" arm of the star is scallop shell, a cube of snowflake obsidian, a face down turquoise brooch, and a toy leopard. In the "Hate" arm of the star is a stone scorpion, and a a piece of jewelry that combines various shapes and textures. In the "Sorrow" leg of the star is a face down pearl brooch. The last object is an old, King George quarter that sits between the symbols for "Male" and "Water".

Interpretation:

Okay, the Keys to the situation are the squirrel and the fossil. The squirrel has a reputation for being cute and silly, but it is really an industrious creature with the ability to plan for the future and a fierce need to defend its territory. The fossil can represent something that is "ancient history", but also the ability to survive over the long term. The message here is that you should ignore other people's opinions, think ahead, stay organized and dig in for the long haul.
I think the squirrel represents is a bit like my personality. I can be a bit childish,sweet and moody.I'm so serious when it comes to my career . I am strong and determined to be successful and put in the hard work necessary. I am also very guarded and do not trust easily.I tend to get very emotional because of my sensitive nature when people say something rude etc . But lately,I've been trying to change this attitude and reminding myself that what people think of me is none of my business :)

NorthernTigress said:
The scorpion is a big danger flag, and it is in the "Hate" arm of the star. You are being warned against negative influences. However, the scorpion's stinger is covered by the bit of jewelry. The best way to disarm these negative factors is to co-ordinate a variety of tactics and skills.
I tend to pick up negative energy a lot and get easily bothered when something seems to be going wrong. I constantly need to work on myself and remind myself to think good thoughts so as to attract only good in my life.

NorthernTigress said:
In the "Sorrow" leg of the star is the face-down pearl brooch. I'm not sure what this item is telling me. My first impression is that the sorrow in your life comes from turning your back on beauty.
I think this relates to the fact that I forget to be grateful for all I have in life .I need to count my blessings. I'm not really open for love even if I want to find someone.I also am too serious at times and forget to have some fun .

NorthernTigress said:
The majority of items fell in the "Love" arm of the star, which I see as a good sign. The turquoise brooch is something I found lying on the ground one day, so I see it as an unexpected surprise. The Snowflake Obsidian represents a balance between the physical and the spiritual, and an ability to see and use patterns. The leopard is on its back, with a seashell leaning on it. The secret to Love is to not be too aggressive, to look for balance while keeping watch for both patterns and the unexpected.
Love is at the forefront of my mind and I'm a pretty emotional person. I think this could be the reasons why most items fell in the "Love" arm. Hope it's a nice surprise awaiting me . I think the snowflake is a reminding me that I shouldn't neglect my spiritual growth . I need to find a time to quiet my mind and think of my guides/angels etc . As I'm afraid to get hurt and have some other issues , I tend to hide this by appearing a bit defensive. Maybe it's time to let my guard down a bit...

NorthernTigress said:
The last item is the King George quarter, which lies halfway between the symbols for Male and Water. This quarter is worn out, but it contains silver that isn't used today. Is there an older, more mature male in your life right not that maybe you don't appreciate as much as they deserve? You need to see the value in a mature leader or mentor.
Hmm no idea about that mature male who could be in my life . I cannot think of anyone right now .

Thanks so much for the reading NorthernTigress :) It was wonderful take on the things influencing my life currently.

SwordsQueen

NorthernTigress said:
Interpretation:

Another unbalanced reading. First and foremost is to look at what is missing right now: Intellect and Intuition. What is it that is blocking your Mind and Spirit right now?

Environment: What is blocking you? It appears to be your environment. The scorpion is a big warning sign, but this is on its side, unable to strike. The danger is nearby, but not immediate. My two Big Cats are fighting, something I've never seen before. There is a major conflict in your life right now. The frog is upside down; something is interfering with your ability to adapt to change. The caged blue bead tells me that your creativity is also being blocked.

Emotion: I have a key in my oracle to show me the "key" to unlocking the situation. In this case, the key is emotional. The pearl brooch is trying to form a bridge between emotion and environment. I'm having difficulty finding the meaning to this piece, but I think the focus here is on both finding beauty in your environment to refresh your emotional state, and also "smoothing out the rough patches". The answer to how to do this comes from the snowflake obsidian, which helps to produce balance between the Physical and the Spiritual, as well as finding patterns that need to be changed in your life.
Wow, I am little surprised to see that my Mind and Spirit are so blocked right now. I don't feel particularly blocked, but I do have a LOT going on right now... I think the best way to describe how I am feeling right now is distracted.

As far as my environment, I am in a very loving one :) - and there's no major (or minor) conflict around me really. I do have a lot of changes coming up though. I've always considered myself rather flexible and quick to adapt, so I will have a think on if I am feeling blocked this way. It looks like it may be something I should sit and meditate on.

I'm all for refreshing my emotional state AND I love stones - so checking out the Snowflake Obsidian is a wonderful idea.

Thank you for this reading NorthernTigress!!

ETA - P.S. - I forgot to add, I looked at the picture and it is rather curious to see how that Scorpion is trying to warn me!

victoria.star

NorthernTigress said:
I'd love a reading from you, but I'm not sure if it would be right to do it here, since this is a forum for non-card based Divination. Maybe you could post something for me in the Reading Exchange section over in Tarot? I will give feedback, making it a proper "exchange".
I would love to do so, Northern Tigress! :heart:
I will post this here in this thread and pm you when I have posted in the Reading Exchange thread.
Hope to see you soon! :)

Beebs_94

feedback

Intuition: a shell is from Water, and I associate Water with emotions. This is emphasized by this piece of shell leaning up against the neighboring Emotion quadrant. In your situation, emotion and spirit are connected, positively or negatively. This particular shell has spiky edges; is there something that is "pricking" your subconscious?

no, i dont think anythings pricking my subconscious...I know that right now, a lot is affecting my emotions. Do you think it could be said that the spiky edges are like there to stop things from getting to me emotionally, whether it be positive or negative? Like you know when a porcupine senses danger he sticks out his spikes? Something like that...

Intellect: The thing that most attracts my attention is the leopard combined with the obsidian. Usually, when I see the leopard on its side, I think of lack of action. But this time it is different. I feel like the leopard is protecting the cube. Snowflake obsidian is associated with finding patterns, and also balancing the physical and the spiritual. I feel that the leopard is there to protect you until you can achieve that, through study, meditation or problem solving. The coral is balanced between Intellect and Environment. Intellectually, I see coral as trying to passively absorb information, instead of actively seeking it out. The blue-jean label is on top of the coral. Like an old pair of jeans, this passive absorption is becoming a comfortable habit, preventing you from changing your behavior.

I do know that i'm not balanced spiritually or physically, i can totally see how the lack of action could fit here. There is a definite lack of action. I've been kicking around the idea of meditation for a while now but i havent had the time (or the peace and quiet needed). Your take on passivity is right on. I am definitely too passive and it has become a habit, not out of comfort but out of stability. I dont like to rock the boat. I need to grow some “balls” so to speak and get out of this passivity but its easier said than done.

Environment: The green alien always attracts my attention when it appears. Is there something in your environment right now that is out of place? Or are you yourself feeling like an outsider in your physical or social environment? The little pink bead makes me think of a tiny bit of joy, that needs help to grow. In this case, the pink bead is hidden almost entirely by the alien. The caged blue bead makes me think of creativity being trapped or restricted. This is backed up by the isolation of the egg-prism. Eggs represent growth, or at least the potential for growth; and a prism is transformative, as it takes white light and uses it to create color. In order to find the creativity in your life, you need to find and remove the blocks in your environment represented by the alien and the caged bead.

Do i count? Cause i feel like im out of sorts alot of the time. But, i fnd that my environment is indeed out of place, theres too much thats not working right to pinpoint. But i totally agree with you tho. I sorta feel like an outsider (or an idiot) when it comes to my “relationship” (that counts as social environment right?) It has to be kept secret or else.... I know that for a while ive wanted to you know, grow up...im grown up right now, but i want to grow in a more emotinal, spiritual way but i find it really hard, especially when people who are suppose to help you grow are keeping you from it and are telling you that you'll never grow. I think i know what the blocks in my environment are but its hard to deal with cause its with someone i really care about and is close to me.

Emotion: The emotional sector is very sparse; the only thing I see is a number. So my first impression is that you are very serious person right now. Equally important is what I can't see -- the image of a woman planting trees, representing not just growth, but purposeful growth. What is blocking you from growing emotionally? Also, is the number 50 significant for you right now

Hmmm...i cant think of any significance the number 50 might have....I do feel like a serious person, but i feel like its not me tho. Exactly, i want to grow but i cant. As i previously mentioned, i have an idea of what could be blocking me. Its something that i really do have to deal with but its freaking hard. Its like im going to have to go to battle with the said person/ situation..

Thanks alot for the reading, it really gave me alot to think about.... :)