Worst tarot advice received?

LotusSong

I was told that at the end of each reading, I had to put the deck back in order. (I believe I was told that by doing this I was cleaning the deck of energy from the previous reading.) I did this for quite awhile. At least it helped me learn the order of the majors and suits quickly! I finally started to bend the rule when I did multiple readings in one sitting without reordering the deck between them, and after I still got good readings, I stopped doing it altogether.

NamasteIndia

its so strange how our perspective change with time and experience.

i was told many things about tarot like use a purple cloth and wash the clothes daily.

but over the years i felt this was just fear based impositions nothing more

Muir Aingeal

Must only use the Rider Waite and the Celtic Cross spread. Must extensively cleanse the cards before and after each use. Must use only one deck and not purchase others-luckily I received that bit of advice after I already had several decks in my collection so I said the heck with that!

Makes you wonder why some people are so rigid in their thinking.

Muir Aingeal

Oh one more- this is the best! Before I even purchased my first deck someone told me that female tarot card readers will forever remain single and will never marry and if they do their husband will leave them.

nisaba

<cackle> And if he doesn't, it's only because they died of old age before he could get around to it.