Worst tarot advice received?

AmethystEyes

Lillie said:
It makes me wonder about some of the decks on ebay...

I mean...

What are those grubby marks?
I got one of mine used from Amazon :bugeyed: But I smell my decks all the time when using them :laugh: I would have smelled something fishy going on! LOL

ncefafn

So that's another disclaimer I need to put on my trades -- smoke-free home, bodily-fluids-free deck!

greatdane

OK, let me just say....

EWWWW! Visuals I don't need LOL. I even wash my hands before touching my decks, so that is just...ewwww!

gregory

DevilishAngel said:
I got one of mine used from Amazon :bugeyed: But I smell my decks all the time when using them :laugh: I would have smelled something fishy going on! LOL
Are you SURE ???? })

Open Arms

Yup - that is officially GROSS!

*looks around nervously as her breakfast threatens to reappear*

I also heard the no second hand rule - but considering over half of my decks are second hand I am going to ignore that one.

I wonder where they get their ideas from sometimes - I mean apart from the grubby marks (blech) and the smell (ooops... don't go there), wouldn't the cards be...er.. sticky?

*runs for the bucket...*

gregory

Open Arms said:
Yup - that is officially GROSS!

*looks around nervously as her breakfast threatens to reappear*

I also heard the no second hand rule - but considering over half of my decks are second hand I am going to ignore that one.

I wonder where they get their ideas from sometimes - I mean apart from the grubby marks (blech) and the smell (ooops... don't go there), wouldn't the cards be...er.. sticky?

*runs for the bucket...*
Not after it dries..... })

Chiriku

Thanks for all your insight about the reader from hell, everyone. :)

It bothered me for a few weeks after it happened, but now it's just a funny story to tell.

My bigger concern is that he wanted to go into reading as a business, and--atrocious bedside manner aside---that doesn't seem to be right profession for him. Someone who is unethical enough to make up a bunch of self-serving rubbish and couch it as "advice from the tarot" should not be taking money for readings, IMO.

greatdane said:
I would have laughed...that's right, laughed...like they've just said the most absurd thing and surely they must be joking. Followed by a "You CRACK me up!". Then walked away. Actually works for lots of situations :)

Lillie said:
The few times people have pulled that sort of crap on me I have grabbed their hand, looked at their palm and tell them they are going to die lonely and alone.
Usually by their own hand.

Hahahaha! I don't know which of these techniques is more amusing. Perhaps I could have started with greatdane's laugh and finished up w/ Lillie's dire prediction.

Open Arms

Taamar said:
One of my friends is a witch who is deeply into the powers of Mystical Femininity. She told me that my deck would work better if I wrapped it in a cloth soaked in my menstrual blood and left it outside overnight when the moon was full. I always wondered how I was supposed to keep the cloth when I didn't cycle at the right time.

Mind telling us who it was so I know not to buy a deck from them...lol!

greatdane

Chiriku

OR started with Lillie's line and then FINISHED with a kind of WHHHHAAAA HAAAAHAAA scary laugh?

Chiriku

^^^^^ Even better, greatdane! You've sold me on the MWAHAHAHAHAHA.

Actually, any time one can use "mwahahahahahaha!" in real life is an opportunity that must not be allowed to slip away.