"Dont mess with me!" attitude

zephyr_heart

Thirteen said:
The Wands aren't subtle. If they don't want you messing with them, you'll know it.
Hm... That's a good point, Thirteen.

Thirteen

zephyr_heart said:
Hm... That's a good point, Thirteen.
:) Well, I think the 5/Swords actually backs me up on this :) That card doesn't usually say "don't mess with me" (the querent/person getting the reading). What it says is "don't mess with that guy!" (whoever the querent's is thinking of messing with). And the reason that warning exists is because the querent probably thinks they can take that someone. He (or she) isn't giving off "don't mess with me" vibes--or if he is, they're not credible. The 5/Swords card says, "Don't do it! Look closer and you'll see the trophies he has from other kills! He's may seem like nothing, but he's deadly."

It's like in those old movies or tv shows where this gang of young toughs are looking for someone to mess with. To one side, they see this big guy, loud, angry, gun in his belt. They're not going to mess with him. To the other side, they see some quiet, skinny guy minding is own business. They go to mess with him, the "easy" target. Turns out, however, that he's a Kung Fu master and he mops the floor with them.

That, to me, is the difference between a Wand and a Sword. The Wand clearly says "don't mess with me." The Sword, on the other hand, doesn't say that in looks or attitude even if he's as dangerous or even more dangerous then the Wand. Which is why you have to be warned to stay away from him. Because you're not going to believe you shouldn't mess with that sword until after he (or she) has kicked your ass.

LovelyMissAries

Thirteen said:
It's like in those old movies or tv shows where this gang of young toughs are looking for someone to mess with. To one side, they see this big guy, loud, angry, gun in his belt. They're not going to mess with him. To the other side, they see some quiet, skinny guy minding is own business. They go to mess with him, the "easy" target. Turns out, however, that he's a Kung Fu master and he mops the floor with them.

That, to me, is the difference between a Wand and a Sword. The Wand clearly says "don't mess with me." The Sword, on the other hand, doesn't say that in looks or attitude even if he's as dangerous or even more dangerous then the Wand. Which is why you have to be warned to stay away from him. Because you're not going to believe you shouldn't mess with that sword until after he (or she) has kicked your ass.

I truly love your analogies!

And yes, I see what you mean now. I was thinking in terms of the vibe each card gave off rather than visualizing the type of person they were, etc. Now this has me thinking the four different ways each suit would carry out a revenge and whatnot. :)

celticnoodle

both the queen of wands AND the queen of swords.

samsimmons81

My thoughts are that Justice would certainly say that.

If you subscribe to the idea that "you get what you give" then isn't that the same thing as "you don't want to mess with me?"
Isn't karma the ultimate payback?

I would think Justice reversed even more so, because they've taken it into their own hands....and they're determined to "pay" you back what they think you deserve.

I might be overthinking though....feedback appreciated.

celticnoodle

samsimmons81 said:
I would think Justice reversed even more so, because they've taken it into their own hands....and they're determined to "pay" you back what they think you deserve.

I might be overthinking though....feedback appreciated.
i can see the justice rx meaning this, but not upright--imo.

but thinking on this more, I wonder, do you think perhaps the temperance card rx can be saying "don't mess with me"?

I think this because beiing rx, this card indicates an unbalance in thinking and acting. I feel it could certainly represent a person who is out to get someone if they feel they have been wronged.

also the knight of swords. this is the person who is quite aggressive and jumps into things with a hot head before thinking through how a situation should be handled. I could see this knight as being one who would strike out at anyone who butted heads with him.

omnislashed

I've definitely received a reversed (ill-dignified) Nine of Wands for this predicament on numerous occasions, although it's usually paired with another "GTFO" card.

Not really sure which Court card would fall within these parameters, but an ill-dignified Queen of Wands is usually pretty intimidating. And those Swords people, we can become rather repellent if we're poked in the wrong manner. We're in possession of large stabbity objects, after all, which can be maneuvered rather swiftly.

intuition897

I think perhaps the 8 of Wands. The 7 of Wands is about being one against the world, standing firm in your beliefs when no one else will stand with you. You're outnumbered and backed into a corner.

The 8 of Wands is the ignition of righteous fury. The eyes snap open and fix upon the enemy and flare with a determination that would make any opponent think twice. The 8 of Wands doesn't care about odds, about being outnumbered or that he is David facing an army of Goliaths. He is the champion of truth. He's right up in your face and he screams, "NO!"

Not someone I would want to mess with. :)

samsimmons81

celticnoodle said:
i can see the justice rx meaning this, but not upright--imo.

but thinking on this more, I wonder, do you think perhaps the temperance card rx can be saying "don't mess with me"?

Hmm. I can still see Justice either upright or reverse representing that attitude.
To me it's a little different, although, these are my initial thoughts.
Temperance, to me, is more of a process. A constant struggle.
Not the end to the goal.... You MAINTAIN that balance, or not.

Justice is ideally "blind" and the rendering of it, the punishment of sorts, is befitting to the crime.
The punishment should be swift AND should be appropriate in order to address the "crime."
Ideally, the "crime" would not be committed again by this person.
It's an ideal that is unfortunately impossible to successfully execute.....blindfolded or otherwise!

I won't be "messing" with anyone who has the authority to "alter" my life is what I'm saying. It is basically "interperetive" is what I mean. =)

Now, I'm thinking that the hierophant could mean "don't mess with me."

Strength, Rx.
The Tower, I'll GO OFF!
Death, I'll kill you. =)

zephyr_heart

It seems that most of the posters here agreed that this kind of attitude is represented by Fire and Air cards.