Lost and Found

skytwig

Minderwiz - there is some great advice in this thread for you!!

also wanted to add what I 'see".

The room itself is quite important... Sounds like it needs to be a sacred place, rather than a 'junk' room. Transform the room (Death card). Go with the essence of childhood, innate psychic abilities, joy, spontaneity.......

Also, i am struck by your Grandmother's humor. She sounds delightful and very willing to be involved in your life!

Death is such a transformation card, that, it seems she was saying two things - Hi, from the other side! and Take a look at where you are going,,,,,, she clearly wants to help you. She went to a lot of trouble to get your attention .... and she got it!

Your psychic abilities need to be honored and enjoyed. She is here to help you in that transformation 'back' to your original presence (we are so alive with that as children!).

Have fun with it. She is excited about helping you! Grandmothers can be exceptional Guides; they are gifts!

Minderwiz

Thanks Skytwig and Astraea for the follow ups.

Your collective views are really, really helpful in trying to figure out what the significance is. Whilst I feel that the answer lies within myself, you've certainly helped me in trying to figure out how to get it out of myself :)

I appreciate the comments on the room - it may well be that it has or should have some spiritual significance in our lives and indeed it does - through the computer in the room I link to this community. My wife links to a similar community on a well known psychic's site and we have also both had pscyhic experiences in here through these communications.

Once again your feedback is most appreciated.

Astraea

originally posted by Minderwiz:

Whilst I feel that the answer lies within myself, you've certainly helped me in trying to figure out how to get it out of myself

Yes, that is my sense -- the answer lies within you, very particularly and specifically. Outside input can be a catalyst, but the answers are internal. Please let me know if you wish to "brainstorm" your horary results, or anything else that might be assisted in its birth by the application of third-party vibrations. :)

Minderwiz

Astraea,

Thanks - I'll start of with a chart for the time that I posted my original message. It will probably take me a day or so to reflect on it - in between working but I'll let you know what I get out of it.

Also this may seem a totally irrelevant question to the thread - but where in Colorado are you?

Astraea

Hi, Minderwiz. I'm in a town called Durango, in the southwest corner of Colorado. I recall reading in another thread that you have particular ties with Denver -- about 350 miles north of Durango. My husband and I go to Denver about twice a year and have great associations with that city.

All the best to you!

Minderwiz

Yes,

We stayed in Denver with a friend and also visited Leadville, Glenwood Springs, Central City, Georgetown and a number of other places. My wife's guide has ties to that area. He also has ties to the Southern part of Colorado and Las Vegas NM but we haven't yet had chance to visit these areas.

I have a feeling that your area would also be one that he was familiar with.

Certainly my rather limited psychic awareness seemed to have its 'volume' turned up considerably in Colorado and the effect remains with me still.

Astraea

All of the areas you mention are so beautiful. I am especially fond of Georgetown and Leadville. We lived for a year in Santa Fe, not far from Las Vegas, and enjoyed it very much -- it's lovely there, too.

You do seem to have energetic ties to this region. From an astrological perspective, it would be interesting to know which of your planets connect(s) with Colorado.

If you and your wife ever have occasion to visit southwestern Colorado, I hope that you will let me know.

Minderwiz

Astraea

I've started a horary chart based on my first post - and I suppose we should really transfer any discussion of the chart to the Astrology forum as we are moving away from other divination forms.

However a quick question - which house rules the items in this case. The immediate response by me was the second - especially as Lilly uses the ruler of the second in the cases of lost items.

However I'm not sure whether the photograph album should be taken as third - its a book (third) and it is a record of communications using technology (third). The same issue is there for Tarot cards - which house rules them? Second as movable property, third as a means of communication or eighth or possibly twelfth because of the occult tie?

Following a reply I'll transfer any further posts to the Astrology forum that relate to the horary.

Again changing the subject the main link for both of us Astrologically is to Tombstone in the South West. It lies close to my Sun line and to my wife's Mars line. For me birth there would put the Sun on the Descendent and for my wife Mars on the IC.

We've been to Tombstone but that's really another story.

Astraea

Hi, Minderwiz. Tombstone! That is interesting -- I'd like to hear the story sometime.

With regard to the horary chart, the matter of which houses to use is often a subjective judgement, but for what it's worth, here are my views (they might not resonate with yours, and of course yours are the only ones that ultimately count):

1). I believe that, in the case of a query with complex metaphysical implications (like the ones this thread concerns), it is best to retain as much simplicity as possible. Therefore, in my view the 2nd would still be the house to use for your missing items. Even though the objects have to do with communication (phone, computer, photo album, filing cabinet, papers, etc.), fundamentally they are items belonging to you, which happen to be within the same "family."

2). I believe that, in the context of your question (the most important operative factor), I would include the tarot card in this 2nd-house category, because the query has to do with why your missing possessions -- including the card -- were found at this particular time.

3). I see tarot cards, per se, as a 9th-house matter, due to my particular perspective on the cards; they might, as you say, also be considered 8th or 12th house matters, if one views them in the light of occultism or secret lore. I tend to focus on their abstract philosophical/spiritual/higher educational/book/publishing aspects, which seem to me to include all or most of their significations.

Yes, this thread has evolved into an astrological discussion (at least for awhile), so I'll look for it in the Astrology Forum in the future.

Minderwiz

For anyone interested in the contiuing discussion of the horary chart I have opened a new thread on the Astrology forum:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14156

For any other comments about possible divinatory meanings, please feel free to continue the thread. I don't feel that the answer necessarily lies in an Astrological approach and I'd appreciate any other views- I don't want to adopt tunnel vision. However the astrological approach is one that I'm familiar with and I therefore do see it as a profitable route to try.