Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Lounge ~ Part VI

thorhammer

Hi, everyone :) We just keep going from strength to strength - and at this juncture I'd like to thank everyone for being so involved in this group :) I don't take credit for it at all - rather, the congratulations need to go to all IDSers, past and present, for the dedication and enthusiasm you've all shown. I'm pleased to continue supporting the team in an administrative role even though I'm not participating actively just now - but I will again, I promise :) Thanks again to Alta for keeping an eye on the thread and reminding me to change over!

As before, most of what follows is copied shamelessly :D from Rodney's intro post from the previous thread.

The IDS is the group to be in if you've got a burning desire to get to know that one deck really really well! It's got depth, it's got history and meat and it'll keep you going for months on end, just studying the background and journalling with the cards. Any deck is fair game for this, but bear in mind that many modern decks are, to a degree, RWSs in fancy dress:D and the symbolism is often diluted or excised altogether. Because the IDS is intensive, decks with a deep and satisfying history or background tend to yield the best results.

Please PM me with changes/additions/subtractions to your IDS!!!!!!

I will always get my PMs but sometimes I'll miss the posts, so please PM me as well as posting here (coz that's nice for everyone else with whom you're sharing your IDS journey :)).

The illustrious history of this venture can be viewed in the below threads:

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

Anyone is welcome to join in at any time, with any deck, for any duration they care to commit to. To join, all you have to do is post in this thread to say you're joining and let us know what deck(s) you'll be using.

This thread is where you can post about your difficulties, your triumphs, breakthroughs, and maybe even chat with others using the same deck in their own IDS. This thread is not about judging people's difficulties or failures, but about supporting people when/if they run into problems with their IDS.

Many of the first group of IDSers found it useful to change their signatures to reflect their participation in the IDS. Doing so identifies you as an IDSer across the forums and also reinforces your commitment to your IDS. As with everything else in the IDS, this step is voluntary.

Most IDSers have found it helpful to post a list of pledges about what they will/won't do during their IDS. Here is one post about what did and didn't work for me in making (and keeping) my pledges for the first IDS.

afrosaxon's synopsis of the IDS can be found here.

Current list of IDSers and Decks:
2_Journey - Fairytale Tarot (for writing) & Tarot of the Four Elements (for reading)
Alamaris ~ Liber T: Tarot of the Stars Eternal
alesia ~ Shadowscapes Tarot
Angie9 ~ Victorian Romantic Tarot
Asbestos Mango ~ Bosch Tarot
astroandtarot ~ Robin Wood Tarot
ariela ~ Transparent Tarot
Bat Chicken ~ Thoth Tarot
Brigid ~ Tarot of the Masters (Ricklef)
Carissimo ~ Liber T: Tarot of Stars Eternal
Carla ~ Universal Waite Tarot
cherylleebest ~ Rider Waite Tarot
Chiriku ~ Dame Fortune's Wheel Tarot
Chiska ~ Tarot of the Secret Forest
DevilishAngel ~ Fenestra Tarot
Emily ~ Thoth Tarot
Fairybugg ~ Ironwing Tarot
Faolainn Storm ~ Golden Dawn Tradition
Flaxen ~ Liber T: Tarot of Stars Eternal
flying black kat ~ Greenwood Tarot
Golden Moon ~ Pictorial Key Tarot
Hemera ~ Dark Angels Tarot
ILuvEire ~ Golden Tarot (Kat Black) and the Mystical Lenormand
Jyscal ~ Rider Waite Tarot and Angel Oracle
kabang ~ Medieval Scapini Tarot
kinanoe ~ Enchanted Tarot
Kissay ~ Rider Waite Smith Tarot
Kittiann ~ Lo Scarabeo Tarot
kmartin60 ~ Vargo Gothic Tarot
LavenderMist ~ Renaissance Tarot (Williams) & Servants of the Light Tarot
Lewen ~ Greenwood Tarot
LotusSong ~ Thoth Tarot
Master_Margarita ~ MRP Fairytale Tarot
Mariana ~ Victorian Romantic Tarot
nirvie ~ Legacy of the Divine Tarot
NoelleNoey ~ Vanessa Tarot
olivia1 ~ Fairytale Tarot & Robin Wood Tarot
NamasteIndia ~ Rider Waite Tarot
Promise ~ Songs For The Journey Home Tarot
Ramona ~ Motherpeace Tarot
redflash ~ Greenwood Tarot
rwcarter ~ Mythic Tarot
shiza ~ Thoth Tarot
Simsy ~ Sacred Circle Tarot
SistaSpirit ~ Rider Waite Tarot
starlightexp ~ Jean Noblet Tarot
Skydancer ~ Sweet Twilight Tarot
Tarot Orat ~ Templar Tarot - The Journey
teomat ~ Dame Fortune's Wheel
Tharivol ~ Clow cards
The Guided Hermit ~ Via Tarot
vanity ~ Paulina Tarot
Welf ~ Bohemian Gothic Tarot
Wendywu ~ Ironwing Tarot
Xaryokys ~ Thoth Tarot
yaraluna ~ Jodo-Camoin Tarot de Marseilles
yukinkoicy ~ Shapeshifter Tarot
Yvresse ~ Sweet Twilight
zan_chan ~ Thoth Tarot

\m/ Kat

Wendywu

Bags the window seat in this comfy lounge, full of nooks and crannies and decks, and books and coffee pots :)

thorhammer

Wendywu said:
Bags the window seat in this comfy lounge, full of nooks and crannies and decks, and books and coffee pots :)
Yeah, it's starting to feel like home, isn't it? :D

\m/ Kat

zan_chan

New thread :bugeyed: Sweet!

Thank you as always, Mistress Thorhammer. (And Alta and Rodney, too :heart: )

Let's Thoth! (Sung to Lady Gaga's "Just Dance...) What?

Bat Chicken

Horror!! :bugeyed:
The Thoth is missing for me on the list above.... Can we add it Kat? :angel:

Now when I think of 'Let's Dance', I think of Bowie... Much more Thothie??

thorhammer

Bat Chicken said:
Horror!! :bugeyed:
The Thoth is missing for me on the list above.... Can we add it Kat? :angel:

Now when I think of 'Let's Dance', I think of Bowie... Much more Thothie??
Yes, Bowie does have a strangely Thoth aura about him . . . I am so sorry to have overlooked thee . . . fixing.

*whips out spanners*

\m/ Kat

Mellaenn

Good morning, all. I see we packed the caravan and moved camp; cool! Let me just find a table over by the light and (rummages around in carry-all for scissors and Haindl deck) as for YOU, my sweet, tis time to set your colors free...

Yikes - this is scary! :bugeyed:

Tarot Orat

I returned from vacation to find this lovely new lounge awaiting me - yay! I did a daily draw on vacay and wrote a little bit, but didn't have time for really full journaling. I'm already catching up on it though, I know if I say "I'll catch up this weekend...." it'll turn into "I'll catch up next week...." and so on.

Vacation was AWESOME, went to the southernmost tip of Texas (hot!) with some fellow bug- and bird-lovers, saw 33 species of birds I'd never seen before, LOTS of lady beetles and other cool bugs, and *ahem* brought 10 lady beetles back with me. Hey, the airport screeners didn't even ask! And we did have a collecting permit, so no one could say we couldn't take them home...

Well, catching up on a lot of e-mail and a week's worth of work now, but just had to stop in the nice new lounge and say hi :)

emmsma

We.come back, Abby! Glad you had a nice trip and new creatures to bring home.

I've not been journalling as I wanted to. Have a very busy work week so things got pushed to the wayside. I have kept up on my Templar reading - the book.

Think time will be more permissive this week and I hope to start my daily cards again.