How much does the house number influence your choice of home?

jackdaw*

*snort* Who cares? If it's a nice place, or in a good neighbourhood, or (like Lillie said, and the reason we took this place) it's what's available, then who cares what the number is?

I honestly can't see me turning down the ideal home because it was at #666 or something. That's as ridiculous as the office buildings that don't have a thirteenth floor.

You make your own energy, your own luck, your own whatever.

gregory

Lillie said:
I'd love to live at house number 666.

Preferably 666 Psycho Avenue.

That would just make me laugh so much.
Me too. })

But in fact - very few hice I have lived in have had numbers. Let's think - I can only offer 490, 480 and 60 - oh and a brief spell in 2190 - a rather horrid apartment block. And that's over 65 years - I am quite impressed. One house "owned by" (my father was a minister and the house came with the job) my parents was GIVEN a number by the post office in the end - but no-one would ever USE it, and that happened after I'd left home.

Who CARES ? (Oops, lots of you, I see; I was just laughing so hard at Lillie and JD that I didn't notice :D)

The crowned one

I can reduce mine to a tarot 15: Devil ...or a gardeners 6. Numbers were a huge factor in buying this home. It had to be in my price range ;)

jackdaw*

The crowned one said:
Numbers were a huge factor in buying this home. It had to be in my price range ;)
:thumbsup:

franniee

Mine is 19 - The thing is my tarot card is 19 - Sun - Wheel Magician. I didn't pick the house for that it never really occurred to me. I picked it because it felt happy - when I walked into it it was full of light and love. I went by instincts. But it is interesting.

celticnoodle

thank you, Ashtaroot, for that interesting list of what your house number means. as a result this is my current home meaning-

Number 8

If you're ready to get the material side of your life in order, move into an 8 house. This house will encourage organisation, vision, and management of financial matters, and through discipline and vision, you can achieve a position of power while living in an 8 house. Success and financial abundance are possible under this house's vibration. It will often be a place of business activity.

and as far as getting the material side of the life in order, I am trying to organize, but not there yet! I think I was better organized in the last house! lol! but i do like "achieve a position of power" and the "success and financial abundance". it has been a place of business activity to be sure. we've been hiring a lot of contractors to do work here! :D

Milfoil

Yup, it's all about what you can afford, where you need to be etc but in retrospect, the numbers of my homes do seem to add up! (ha!)

emmsma

Geez. Never thought of that. My house number is 15. :p

Vadella

I've thought about this (not surprisingly lol). My current home adds to the Hanged Man, and I do sure as H*ll feel stuck with this house. I despise living in it, but my DH will not move.... yet. Our kids don't like it either. It is a rental and we are always the ones spending our own money to fix things that have nothing to do with normal wear and tear. Why my DH won't move? Who knows.

What do you think would be a good home to move to? By that, I mean what theme? I guess there are good and bad through out but wanted to know what would be the best, IF these things were true.

I do agree you go by vibes when entering a home, also. :)

Lula Jing

A mixed response (great to have different views!) but just thought I'd add in another observation.

I've been doing some research into property prices around my area to help my sis out with trying to set a reasonable price in the current market (very difficult at the moment).

I checked out some stats on flats that had sold over recent years in the local area and the lowest selling price was £50k for flat number 50 on the same road as me. (I'm thinking 5/pents here). I walked past this afternoon and out of curiosity looked up and noticed it's empty and looking very much in need of some TLC.

My mum lives at No.5 and she's always having problems (niggles) with the flat plus she's on a very low income.

To a large extent where I live depends on what I can afford and what is available when I'm looking. If it feels right - so be it - but you can bet I'll be doing a little maths to see what number the home has.

Someone also mentioned the price being right. I think that is true financially but also numerically. It's possible the asking price might have an influence on whether it's a good or smooth sale or whether it even sells. For example, I don't think I would want to sell or advertise a property for a figure with lots of 5's in - like £255, 595 for example. I'd rather say £256,000 or £254,000. People tend to put £595 on the end but the sale usually goes to a round number. Hmmm, given myself something to chew over now. Both the advertising price and the final sale price have their own particular vibrations numerically. I wouldn't apply this sort of thinking to everyday goods, but houses, cars.... yes, maybe I would.

:D