How much does the house number influence your choice of home?

Lula Jing

epiphenomenon
hehe I had to Google this to see if it was actually a word :D

The only numbers I look at before the sale is the price. ;)
You are not alone there!

The number wouldn't have made a difference to my decision to take the flat as the location totally swung it. But I did find it interesting that the building number is 111. Especially since I asked for a little 'help' to find the right place from my 'home finding angels' :)

Lula Jing

DownwardSpiral said:
my previous address added up to 8. I was only there a year and a half and managed to have a squabble with the neighbors in which the husband knocked on my door. My current address also adds up to 8 and has been nothing but problems with the owner (who up till recently) lives below me.
Maybe 8 is not such a good vibration for you personally.

I have lived in apt # 13 and finally moved when I had the neighbor above as well as beside me ganging up on me and my kids.
As this number reduces to 4, this should have felt safe and secure. I suppose neighbours are external factors!

The house number I grew up in...4440...People always coming over for me as well as my brothers. It was a happy home...
Reduces to 3, so more sociable, more visitors. :)

DownwardSpiral

Maybe 8 is not such a good vibration for you personally.

As this number reduces to 4, this should have felt safe and secure. I suppose neighbours are external factors!

Reduces to 3, so more sociable, more visitors. :)

Could be on the 8 : ) I need to find out what's up with the 5 ????

With the 13 the number didn't bother me though I didn't like having my neighbors walking back and forth past my door as there were 4 units...mine was the second from the end and the other 3 neighbors as well as the one above me were all at each others places all the time. It got to the point I hated coming and going and having to face them. I was on a lease and the manager had no problem breaking it. LOL and his daughter moved into the unit. I used to deliver mail to an apt. building that has no apt 13 or 113. Maybe too hard to rent out. Even when I rented my place the manager pushed me toward that unit as other units were available.

Annabelle

The house number means nothing to me. It's just an address.

We're currently in the process of buying a house; I confess, the only number I paid any attention to while we were making the offer was the price.

bradford

665. The neighbor of the Beast.