Tarot of a Black Rose Garden

13death

Note: here is the initial thread http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=141556 thanks

hello everyone. i finally named it and have a few sketches for it. :) i will upload the pics as soon as my scanner is fixed. but i have the following sketched out: Moon, Wheel, Hanged Man.
Most of the cards have thorn vines and or black roses. any requests or advice will be looked in to.

13death

does anyone like this idea?

AJ

Don't be discouraged. It is rather difficult to give an opinion on something we can't see.

Speaking only for myself, I'd find it tough to design 78 cards with just a black rose as my seed idea.

Step away from the majors for a bit and try 4 minors, all the sixes or all the fours, and four courts...see if you are happy how they come out.

13death

lol i guess it did sound like that lol. i meant like Raider Waite based wit black roses and thorns. so like it will be humans or at least human like beings in ther also

Alta

Hi 13death,

Folks will follow your thread, but having some images to discuss really keeps things going.

The black rose and vine idea sounds fine to me. Some other decks have had recurring themes and they can be quite effective in tying the artist's vision together.

Alta

13death

thanks so much. as soon as i find my scanner cords i will upload them... my sister lost them during a move... lol.
Blessed Be!

gregory

Camera ??

13death

didnt think of that. but still havent one lol

13death

i ran the few sketches by my friends at the New Age shop a town up and they love them. hope to have the sketches up soon!!

13death

ive gotten the sketches of the Moon done. well near the final sketches of the rough draft. hope to have it on here asap