Have ever read this book?

stardancer12

Power Tarot: More than 100 Spreads That Give Specific Answers to Your Most Important Questions

Did anyone read this book? I would like to get it but I dont want purchase without knowing what it holds.

amethyst57

i bought that book about a year ago, and love it!
use it as my main interp book (and sometimes as an oracle book)
it doesn't have reversals in it, but you can pretty much figure them out from the upright interps...interps and spreads are simple to understand...

stardancer12

thanks for the insight. I thinking about about getting the book

amethyst57

you're welcome...

btw, a good book on reversals is Mary K. Greer's "Tarot Reversals"......

JSNYC

stardancer12 said:
Power Tarot: More than 100 Spreads That Give Specific Answers to Your Most Important Questions

Did anyone read this book? I would like to get it but I dont want purchase without knowing what it holds.
I bought this book primarily for spread ideas. My impression of the card definitions were that they were "quick, generic, and shallow" (that is not necessarily bad). The people that wrote that book used years of (professional) telephone Tarot reading to create their card definitions. So I got the impression the definitions were as superficial and generic as possible to "fit" the widest number of people and situations possible, but in my opinion the definitions lacked any real depth at all. However, for someone still new and learning, or someone looking for "broad" card definitions, I don't think the definitions are bad.

As far as the spreads, there are 100 decent spreads. I think I still use one or two. :) I have nothing bad to say about the book, but nothing particularly good either. I don't regret purchasing it although it will also remain on my shelf collecting dust.

Amanda

It's a great book! I like the spreads in it. :) The meanings aren't bad either if you're a beginner.

If you are wanting various interpretations or ways to look at the cards though, I recommend Tarot Plain and Simple by Anthony Louis. It's got upright and reversals in it and is the book I got started on. It's got some interesting meanings listed.

Pam O

I have Power Tarot that I bought for the spreads, not the definitions. It's ok. I'm happy to own it.

I keep thinking that Aeclectic people should put together a spread book that can be downloaded. I would love to be part of something like.

stardancer12

Amanda_04 said:
It's a great book! I like the spreads in it. :) The meanings aren't bad either if you're a beginner.

If you are wanting various interpretations or ways to look at the cards though, I recommend Tarot Plain and Simple by Anthony Louis. It's got upright and reversals in it and is the book I got started on. It's got some interesting meanings listed.

I have heard about that book. I'm thinking about getting it as well