Do crystal balls work? Myth or Truth? And, losing a special gift??? HELP. D:

SilentxMoon

My friend has used one, and he says it's all upon your energy, and that it does work.

My question is, I have heard that it's a myth, BUT if TRUE, I am looking to get one, and would like to know how to use it?

How can I channel my energy, and all that stuff.

For those of you who know, tell me all. :)
I am very interested in using it to predict the future and to get the truth. Though, I am a bit worried on using anything like that.

I do have the ability to see the future in my dreams...but lately I haven't had anything. I am a bit worried about that to, so if you have the ability like mine, please explain what is happening, and how can I use it to my advantage... :[

Your help is loved.

Love&Blessed be!

Sophie

Works to do what? It depends what you attempt to do with a crystal ball. Do you want to scry? Do you want to invoke an entity into it? Do you want to use it as a focus for meditation? There are many uses for a crystal ball. All demand concentration, focus and practice.

And of course a crystal ball works, if you are ready to put in the work, the hours and the mental discipline to learn how to use it (but first, decide what you want to do with it).

As for your 'lost' gift - you might simply be tired or going through a fallow period. Gifts are not guaranteed, they are - by their nature - able to come and go :). Let it go, and the odds are that in time, it will return.

NamasteIndia

This question was intriguing me from a long time.
I have read about different effects like amethyst helps to increase intution and rose quartz attracts love...

Many people feel energies in crystals and are able to see aura after learning reiki or other modalities.

but i never felt any energy in crystals nor i could see aura etc etc.

i never go to recommend crystals to anyone because personally i have not see any effects from them...

i read that black tourmaline protects against evil eye i bought one from crystal store but later on found out that it was black onyx and i was tricked and told that its tourmaline.

lot of knowledge is needed to differentiate between two stones

celticnoodle

crystal balls can help you to 'see' into the past, present or future, yes. but, it takes a lot of time, practice and and patience if you wish to become good at it.

rarely can anyone use a crystal ball the first time and 'see' something in it. you have to develop your skill, and get to understand the tool you are using.
scrying is not easy.

I would recommend reading some books first on how to go about reading the crystal ball. and perhaps before purchasing a ball, try it first by reading water in a bowl. it is also scrying, and you can see if you have the 'knack' and discipline required for such form of divination before investing in a crystal ball. you can scry with most anything--it's not the 'tool' that really matters, and you can get the same messages just by using a bowl of water or a mirror.

One book I can recommend is titled "Crystal Ball Gazing" by Uma Silbey. small book loaded with good information, and not very expensive at all. I just found it online for $8.00 US money.

cricket

I may not be the right person to answer, since scrying has come very easily since childhood, but they can work. A lot of whether they DO work or not depends on if you're able to scry at all in the first place. Some people can, some can't. Some people find it easier to use a bowl of water (as has already been suggested), some to use running water, some to use a mirror, some to use a crystal ball... The tool really depends on the person using it.

If you REALLY want a crystal ball that will work for you, go shopping. Actually go to the shops, pick up each individual ball, get a feel for it, roll it over in your hands, try to look into it, and see if anything happens. Don't be disappointed if it takes a few trips - or a few months' worth of trips - out to find one that you can work with. Each individual stone has a different energy, and it can be difficult to find the one that works well with your personal energy.

celticnoodle

cricket said:
If you REALLY want a crystal ball that will work for you, go shopping. Actually go to the shops, pick up each individual ball, get a feel for it, roll it over in your hands, try to look into it, and see if anything happens. Don't be disappointed if it takes a few trips - or a few months' worth of trips - out to find one that you can work with. Each individual stone has a different energy, and it can be difficult to find the one that works well with your personal energy.

I agree with cricket on this one. go shopping and hold it and look at. feel it. all around it. see how heavy it is. is it too heavy for your likes? does it have inclusions that bother you, or do they enhance the ball for you? some people prefer to have a lot of inclusions and some near nothing if nothing at all.

I have crystal balls the size of a soft ball and as small as a marble. surprisingly, I do better with the smaller ones, when I do use them. but, this is me.

and, crystal balls do not need to cost you a lot of money--so check around. also go online - though you won't be able to hold it, and such, you can compare some prices that way. crystal balls - much like tarot decks - can all have their own personality.

Baroli

Scrying is a cool thing to do; took me forever to even know what I was doing, if I was doing it right. The answer was that I shouldn't try so hard and things will happen, which is what I do now. I have two balls, one is crystal and has given me a lot of insight (no pun intended, lol), the other is a rose quartz ball that just vibrates like hell when I hold it. I also have a green stripey one that is just cool to look at the stripes. Also I use my granite countertop in my kitchen to scry. That's just too cool for words. :D

canid

Baroli said:
Also I use my granite countertop in my kitchen to scry. That's just too cool for words. :D

Get out! I never thought of that! My countertop is faux granite, but it'd still work.

SilentxMoon, do a search for 'scrying', 'magic mirrors', 'crystal balls', in the Divination thread. There's a ton of info for you.

Have you ever seen things, images, on the backs of your eyelids when they're closed? Seen things in clouds, or even the dentist's ceiling tiles? If so, you were scrying. But as suggested here, it takes a lot of practice, if you want to 'do' anything with the images, to control & bring up specifics at will. Still, it's pretty cool, just looking.

celticnoodle

Baroli said:
Scrying is a cool thing to do; took me forever to even know what I was doing, if I was doing it right. The answer was that I shouldn't try so hard and things will happen, which is what I do now. I have two balls, one is crystal and has given me a lot of insight (no pun intended, lol), the other is a rose quartz ball that just vibrates like hell when I hold it. I also have a green stripey one that is just cool to look at the stripes. Also I use my granite countertop in my kitchen to scry. That's just too cool for words. :D

ah yes! i remember you mentioning this before--granite countertop scrying! :D

that is way cool, baroli!

yes, silentxmoon, to scry doesn't necessarily require a crystal ball. but, if this is what you prefer to use, also remember, they come in all shapes and forms.

just remember a few pointers if you choose to scry with a crystal ball.

* you don't need to 'stare' into the ball. look at it and just concentrate on what is happening there. do your best to keep your mind clear of other things and what is also going on around you.

*stop scrying if you begin to get tired or a head ache. if you keep going, trust me, you'll get a doozy of a head ache. put it down, and go back to it later.

*keep a notebook and pen near by to keep notes when you first begin. take note of anything you may see in the ball

*you may get symbolic messages, so you may also want to invest in a good dream book to look up things.

*be patient. it is definitely a skill that takes time to develop, unless you are lucky like cricket, and are a natural at it.

*and, you do not need to cover your head and ball with a black or dark piece of material to do this! just sit comfortably where ever. hold your ball and move it around, and just gaze into it.

when your ball is close to giving you information--you may notice clouds or a fog developing in your ball. this is normal!

HAVE FUN! It's not worth doing if you are not enjoying it! Good Luck! :D

SilentxMoon

canid said:
Get out! I never thought of that! My countertop is faux granite, but it'd still work.

SilentxMoon, do a search for 'scrying', 'magic mirrors', 'crystal balls', in the Divination thread. There's a ton of info for you.

Have you ever seen things, images, on the backs of your eyelids when they're closed? Seen things in clouds, or even the dentist's ceiling tiles? If so, you were scrying.

OMG! Yes I have! I see things on the back of my eyes lids and someties when I focus and just gaze, I see them too! I never knew what it was before, nor did I understand it. Thank you, and thanks to everyone. Your knowledge is very much loved!!!