Do crystal balls work? Myth or Truth? And, losing a special gift??? HELP. D:

fernwood

Oh Canid, I was referring to the origional poster when they said they feel nothing.

canid

fernwood said:
Oh Canid, I was referring to the origional poster when they said they feel nothing.

I think it's cool when someone suddenly says they've seen images on the backs of their eyelids, in clouds, etc. & realizes that's divining - a eureka moment! All my life I thought everyone saw those movies when their eyes were closed...

mentalista

fernwood said:
I have quite a few crystal ball. I haven't tried using them for scrying, I can feel the energy in them. I have a lapis lazuli ball that, when I picked it up in the store I felt electric shocks in my hand. I use mine for healing. It works. I had a UTI coming on and used the crystals for healing energy and it took it away.
I have taken a couple of crytal healing workshops. I love the power that they have.

Crystal balls work about as well as any other skrying device; which if you train your yourself to kind of blank out after staring at it for a while is pretty good. Although it's much cheaper to put some inky water in a bowl.

But one thing that makes them unique is you can absorb the 'energy' of a pure and perfect crystal formation. Work with it often enough, your thoughts, dreams and entire way of seeing will take on a crystalline quality.

See this classic book: http://hermetic.com/browe-archive/pdf/crystal.pdf
Crystal Vision Through Crystal Gazing.

NamasteIndia

cricket said:
Maybe you just don't respond well to them. It could be one of those things, like a person who wants to learn to swim, tries many times, has many different instructors, and just sinks. We all have our strengths and weaknesses. This may just be one of your personal weaknesses.
yes only clairvoyant people can use crystall balls well....im not clairvoyant. so thats my weakness

mentalista

NamasteIndia said:
yes only clairvoyant people can use crystall balls well....im not clairvoyant. so thats my weakness

I disagree. Skrying is a skill you can learn like any other. Basically if you stare at anything long enough your optic nerve goes all funny. Your vision goes out of focus and you see dots of light, and if you keep on it long enough you can have very vivid waking visions.

The difficult things are 1) building up the self-discipline to stare at something that long without distractions, and 2) putting yourself in the right psychological frame of mind to absorb useful visions.

Even if you can't quite do that, it is still an effective method for meditation; and you absorb a little something of the character of the thing you stare at.

Sulis

NamasteIndia said:
I disagree with this.
I scry using a rainbow obsidian sphere and also with water in a cauldron and I'm not clairvoyant at all (I'm not 'clair-anything').
It took me a long time to learn to scry and I'm not always successful and even when I am I don't always understand what I see but I can do it. For ages I got nothing then I started to see cloudy shapes above the sphere or the water - they looked almost like ectoplasm. Now I actually see things in the 'clouds'.
I think you just need to persevere; it's like meditation, it's very difficult at first but the more you do it the better you get at it.

ncharge

NamasteIndia said:

Actually, NamasteIndia, you may be clairvoyant but not connect with crystals and stones. I have a friend like that. He is amazing - his readings are dead on, he can see energy flows and connections, he is very powerful. But he doesn't connect with crystals at all. I did teach him some things that allowed him to connect a little, but some people just don't. It is like any other kind of talent or skill - some people are musicians, some artists, some sculpture, but not painting or drawing - you have your skills, but crystals may not be one of them. And it doesn't mean that you can't connect. It only means that you may have to work a little harder to learn the skill.

Chronata

I also believe that scrying is a skill that anyone can do...with lots and lots of discipline and practice.

Some people find crystal balls to be excellent tools for this. I am absolutely dreadful at using them for scrying.

I find water (whether in a back bottomed bowl, or in a bathtub) to work great.

But then for me, scrying only seems to work well, when I am in the right mind...and for me that is usually very tired and/or intensely stressed.
That's when stuff starts appearing in glass surfaces, or pools...and I have to pay attention to what I am seeing.

Which is funny, because they say the more relaxed you are the easier it gets.

But for me...the more wigged out I am feeling the more I start getting visions.

intuition897

A friend of mine offers "telescrying" classes. She gives classes on scrying via phone or web video. I can't remember what the fee was per lesson, but I seem to remember it was pretty cheap. I can give you her website address if you like.

shelikes2read

If this is any help, the first thing I learned was how to see remotely, or via clairvoyance, by lying down in a quiet room with my eyes closed. Once I got that process down pat, it was easy to make the transition to scrying, because between my ears, the process is basically the same. The biggest difference between the two versions of seeing, for me, is body posture (lying down vs. sitting up) and whether my eyes are open or closed.

But because I first learned the technique while lying down with my eyes shut, I experience the "visions" in my mind, rather than seeing them in the crystal ball or anywhere outside myself.

I still like to use the crystal ball, because they're so darn pretty to look at. :) But it's good to know how to do the actual seeing without the tool, and I would recommend anyone who is interested in scrying to also try learning how to "see" by relaxing and closing their eyes. The ability to see comes from within, rather than from the tool, so it's good to learn how to "fly solo" if necessary.