Line of Mars (Palmistry)

Rusty Neon

Hi ... I am looking for assistance in identifying a line.

It could be a Line of Mars, but the books seem to require that a Line of Mars be _curved_ and run exactly parallel to the Line of Life.

The line I have is a solid, nearly straight line. It is inside of the Line of Life. It runs from Lower Mars and down nearly to the top line of the Rascette. Thus, it goes down the palm further than does the Line of Life. It is closest to the Line of Life at the top of the Line of Life and at the bottom of the Line of Life. The line gets close to but never touches the Line of Life.

I don't think it's a Loyalty Line as the line is a visible line rather than just a crease visible in a print.

Any help in identifying the line would be appreciated. :)

samantha

When you say "inside" the life line , which side are we talking about ??!! I'm guessing you mean on the right side (on your right hand) .

Do you think it might be a "line of influence" ? (I think this is what it is called.)

I have this , although mine dissapears for 2cm's and then re-appears again , which I took to mean meeting up with someone
years down the line .

The trouble with palmistry is that the names for lines are often different !! They need a union or something.........

Rusty Neon

hi samantha ... This question had been interesting me and so I finally had a chance earlier today to look through some more palmistry books (St-Germain; Benham) at the stores for the first time and check out the various diagrams and yes, it would appear that the straight line that I have on the Venus mount is in fact an Influence line. Whereas Mars lines and Sister Lines would apparently have to be curved, the Influence lines can be straight.

I now own the Benham book, which would appear to be a good resource.

samantha

Rusty neon,
What do you take the influence line to mean ?

I always cross referenced (literally by providing an imaginery
intersection ) it with the life line , to get an idea when the influence began , ended , and in my case will re-start . The first
two times were pretty accurate.

Do you have this line on both hands? I don't , which makes me
think that I played a conscious part in its creation ..........

Alissa

This sounds exactly like a guardian spirit line. As a line, it's neither rare nor common, but it is often seen.

Rusty, when I see what you're describing on a palm I'm reading, I use almost the same script each time, and say exactly this, "What I'm about to say, I don't like to say to people when I read, because to me it smacks of all things 'hokey' when going to a psychic. But, since I see it, I'm gonna say it anyhow. You have a guardian spirit, or some call it a guardian angel, walking next to you in this life. They may, or may not, be someone you knew and lost."

Since yours is a heavy line and appears from the top to the bottom, with no gaps or fade outs (?), this would indicate a spiritual presence who is with you and presents themselves so clearly that you are aware of their presence, and at times quite strongly so. This guardian seems to have a heavy influence in your life, and in my experience, these lines almost always show that guardian spirit interacting in the most positive sense (i.e. not a ghost, haunting, or disruptive type of influence but beneficial and often protectorate).

Rusty Neon

hi samantha and alissa

samantha... I'm still learning the ropes of palmistry. However, from the literature it seems that the clear Influence line (that's basically similar on both hands and stands out from the rest of the Influence lines on my Venus mount) would represent a close family member who is extremely important to and influences my life.

alissa ... That's an interesting perspective about the line being a guardian spirit line, rather than an influential real person. That certainly gives a new view to this kind of line. Does this come from any of the literature, or is it something that came upon your in your own experiences?

I also have a fainter Influence line that between, and runs parallel to, the Life and guardian spirit lines. This fainter line is about half the length of the Life line and the top of it starts from the Life line. I wonder how this fainter line fits in with the guardian spirit line?

Alissa

Rusty Neon said:
alissa ... That's an interesting perspective about the line being a guardian spirit line, rather than an influential real person. That certainly gives a new view to this kind of line. Does this come from any of the literature, or is it something that came upon your in your own experiences?

I also have a fainter Influence line that between, and runs parallel to, the Life and guardian spirit lines. This fainter line is about half the length of the Life line and the top of it starts from the Life line. I wonder how this fainter line fits in with the guardian spirit line?

Hmmmmmm I don't remember where that bit came along from, but my first guess (which they say is usually the right one) is that I read it somewhere and I don't remember where anymore. It doesn't belong to Cheiro, that I know of, so I don't know where I got that from.

It could've also been when I was learning palmistry (in person) and may have been something she said in passing about palm reading which stayed with me.

Multiple lines in the area you describe would probably come through to me as multiple spirit presences who are here to assist you. A lighter line would indicate a lesser influence of this person/spirit in your life.

When I see gaps, I often conclude that this is the presence of this spirit who reappears/interacts most strongly at some points, and then "vanishes" at others, in one's life. So they may not be a consistently felt by the experiencer, esp. if they are less aware of Spirit/Divinity and spiritual matters as a person.

Dark Eyes

Hi Rusty Neon,
I agree again with Alissa !
In my experiences as a palm reader, I have always seen the line of Mars as a spiritual guide, or a close family member or friend who has passed over and is close by you to assist you through life. I have a faint one of these myself, I am sure it is my grandmother who I feel is always nearby.
If the line follows the lifeline however curve and all, then it depends on how close to the lifeline it actually is as to the meaning, I don't see it as a Mars line. If it is very close, say 2mm away from the lifeline for the whole length, then I see it as someone who uses a great deal of energy. This person has a very strong vitality, but it can all burn out fairly quickly, leaving the person depleated and very tired.
If the line is further away from the lifeline eg... 5 or 6mm away, but again follows it curve and duration , I see this as a person who has basically re arranged their life at some point . This being a complete re arrange or at least they are seriously thinking about it. I don't mean living a double life either, they live one way, then completely change it. eg... the strict businessman who becomes a palmreader !
Glad you purchased the Benham book, I love it. Some of the ideas are a bit old fashioned, but some of the info is ageless for sure. Money well spent !!
Best wishes to all
Dark Eyes.