Which card shows up for an affair.

jpbeautybabe

Hi I have just been going through Sylvies book and also Trappners course and confused myself! Basically Treppner says if someones having affair prob will show up as woman.Sylvie doen't see snake as this more of strife/problems. What do the rest of you use to show this and why?
Thanks JP.

lord_ewin

I have seen affairs!! But mainly in the 9X4 layout.

As you know, the full layout considers distance to be a factor. Whenever I've seen 'affairs' the Man and Woman card had links that would indicate a relationship, but there was also the presense of the Jack of Hearts closer to the person having the affair.

I don't remember if there were other cards surrounding the 3 cases I'm thinking of, but every time I did a reading (and I had the cheaters both come to me for a reading), the message was quite evident in my opinion that the querrent was closer to the Jack than their significant other.

It's also why I've started to consider the Jack of Hearts to be the 'a good toss in the hay (sex/attraction/spark) card.' Don't get me wrong, it's not always indicating that someone is cheating. Especially if it unites the man and woman card. It's all a matter of perspective like I said and where the cards fall in relation to one another.

Bernice

As there are only 36 cards in a lenormand deck, I find that card combinations describe situations, rather than using 'one' card to mean 'one' thing.

If you're using the Lady or Man as key-card, then check the adjoining cards.

Bee :)

Miss Divine

In my experience using Sylvie's OR the grand plateau it has shown in several ways.
Often with the heart+snake, heart+fox, heart+book (secret love affair).

Also the ring with either the snake, fox or book.

The heart card is usually a short lived affair in my experience, unless it's paired with the ring, anchor and/or key.

In the grand plateau the heart+birds has always only indicated a sexual relationship so far...weird...

lord_ewin

I agree a 100% with Ms. Divine (Bernice too). The cards near the Heart will let you know a bit more on how successful or careful the person is being, and likely with who (another man, another woman, several strings of lovers). I also agree in that the Jack is more like a passion than true love (though not always).

If I might also comment on the 36 cards... I'd like to underline that if you use the 36 definitions only, you'd need to add their negative meanings as well seeing as you should read the cards more negatively depending on the situation and cards surrounding them, so in fact you'd have at least 72 definitions. Add to that, various combinations that could precise the meanings even further.

IheartTarot

This is a direct quote from Sylvie: "Book, moon, whip point to a love affair in its classic form" (in the context of appearing between two cards representing two people e.g. Dog/Man/Woman + Book + Moon + Whip + Dog/Man/Woman).

jpbeautybabe

Thanks for all your replies. Ihearttarot was that in Sylvies book or have you read that somewhere else? I think perhaps as I have decided to follow Sylvies course than I should use this.
Jane.

Phoenix Rising

It is always dependent on the question. If the man and woman are charged then you know exactly who you are talking about. If a dog comes up with the Man (if he is the one you are inquiring about) then the dog is known to the Man since the Man is the key card. If the woman was the key card, and someone wants to know about the woman, the dog is known to the woman. The dog is someone the key card (man or woman) knows. But yes generally the classic affair is like what Iheartarot had said because book is about secrets and moon and whip are sexual attraction etc.

but don't always assume, depends what the question is, and what other cards are in the spread.

Phoenix

lord_ewin

And that's where people will differ. ;)

rif

lord_ewin said:
I have seen affairs!! But mainly in the 9X4 layout.
hehe, that sounded funny. :)

As you know, the full layout considers distance to be a factor.

I think that's another thing that varies according to whose method you use. I believe that the French tradition relies on distance this way, and maybe the Belgian also. Is makes sense because I think you posted that you learned from a French book. (lucky you, too, able to access the Grand Jeu books in French!)

The methods taught by Treppner and Britta, however, make more use of relative positions and sequences. I don't recall distance being a factor in this fashion.

So the only certainty is that there are no certainties! I think this thread shows exactly why someone should start with, and stick with, one method of reading Lenormand cards. Otherwise it's hard to coalesce the variances into a reading.