Shadowscapes Tarot: Knight of Cups

turtlebite

The Knight of Cups is riding a unicorn and seems to be trying to ride up a wave to reach a cup in the sky. There is a watery-looking moon in the trough of the waves right behind the knight's head.

For some reason this card calls to mind a carousel and trying to reach the golden ring. This makes me think of youthful passion and idealized love. He's trying to get something impossible and he's working really hard at it.

Not sure what to think of the moon behind his head looking like a halo.

cybermancer

Trying to grasp something that is just out of reach and with great urgency. Chasing after dreams perhaps? Hmmm, this could be a card of flowing futility or a message to keep chasing those dreams...one day you might catch them.

Perhaps this is a more philosophical message about the importance of never giving up on your hopes and dreams no matter how far out of reach they may seem.

Sagefire

I like the carousel analogy and the golden ring!! Brilliant comparison, I heartily agree. There's a tangible feeling that this knight is in the process of discovering just how much his feelings control him, or vise versa. His watery lunar halo is in sharp contrast to the golden chalice at the end of the rainbow, it's almost like the two are rotating around one another..... Feeling with your heart, versus your head, versus other parts of your body, like knights are so inclined to do. :D

ETA: Contrast to the King of Cups, who isn't chasing after his golden cup. He holds it firmly in his hands, no illusions and sort of lets the waters flow around him instead of stomping on the surface of the water as if he is working against it..