RWS Tarot Images In A Music Video

All Is One

I wanted to share this music video featuring tarot. Rosanne Cash re-creates many of the card images from the RWS deck using real people, and it's gorgeous. I wonder if anyone else has done anything similar? They really did a good job, although maybe others wouldn't agree with that.

Rosanne Cash Video, The Wheel

Golden Moon

Very nice... I saw several cards being interpreted in this video.

4 of Swords
9 of Pentacles
2 of Wands
2 of Swords
4 of Wands
The Lovers (from the book of thoth etteilla tarot)
6 of Wands
6 of Cups
6 of Pentacles
Queen of Cups
Hanged Man
5 of Cups
5 of Swords
10 of Pentacles
9 of Swords
Queen of Pentacles

Glitterbird

Wow that was cool! Thanks for posting this. :)

All Is One

I sat there watching it, thinking "Damn, I wish I'd thought of that."

Golden Moon

All Is One said:
I sat there watching it, thinking "Damn, I wish I'd thought of that."

Well you're never to late, there are more tarot cards you could use :D. Just a suggestion.

beginner

is there any other link 4 similar video because 4 me it says
This video contains content from Vevo, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

rwcarter

That was done 17 years ago? Wow!

All Is One

Beginner, I don't know of any way around that, maybe someone else does. Rodney, I thought it was a new release when I found it on a tarot related page on Facebook, but then I bought her memoir, "Composed" and in reading some reviews of that and background stuff I saw that the song is from an album released in 1993.

I had wondered how she looked so great and so natural at 55 as well, before I learned it was so old. (Although she still looks great now as well.)

sweet_intuition showed me a clip that Madonna used in concert with the actual RWS card images in motion.

Madonna Tarot Card Clip

In fact, he suggested that there is a story being told with the images, but I personally can't figure it out.

rwcarter

Yeah, I didn't know how old she was supposed to be, but I knew she should be a lot older than she looked in that video. But I dutifully watched it all the way through and there's a 1993 copyright at the very end of the video.

I'll have to watch the Madonna clip when I have more time.

SakuraFae

All Is One said:
I wanted to share this music video featuring tarot. Rosanne Cash re-creates many of the card images from the RWS deck using real people, and it's gorgeous. I wonder if anyone else has done anything similar? They really did a good job, although maybe others wouldn't agree with that.

Rosanne Cash Video, The Wheel

That's amazing! I'm so glad you shared it, I've now bookmarked it.