New Book from Bob Place

Cerulean

I bought the ten dollar pdf version and am happy

The color and text on the 128 pages are very good to me. This has the Sevenfold Mystery and Alchemical and majors from several decks--two of the decks are historical before 1911.

When appropriate, about 13 sample color images of majors are shown that can include a few different Marseilles reproductions, woodcuts from various European sources and they are well-referenced in the text and captions-I did see a few typos.

I did spend some hours printing it out from my old ink color printer and enjoyed the picture comparison, even if I was too tired then to absorb the text.

For about ten dollars, the pdf version is a good option and a great visual and textual reference..

Best

Cerulean

P.S. I had bought multiple copies and seem to have misread a discount I got--the pdf file is ten dollars for a single copy

leo_hendry

Marina said:
I like the look of it... but I'll buy it when the price drops a bit. LOL! I know it's colorful and all, but I spent a lot of money already on Bob Place's stuff :p
You can download the PDF from lulu, and it just cost $10

Onyx

I am currently downloading the pdf as well. It is a big file though and looks like it will take a bit to get it all downloaded. 277 megs.

Impossible if you have dialup I bet.

My play is to load it up on my nook and see how it goes. But even if it doesn't read well there from what I have seen I am looking forward to it.

Onyx.

Asher

Onyx said:
My play is to load it up on my nook and see how it goes.

It should be just fine. Mine's on my iPad and is just beautiful!

I really like this book, the illustrations are wonderful and it's very readable.

Asher

Silver Crow

My book arrived today and I must say, it was worth every penny. The book is amazing and it reminds me why I love Robert's artwork so much. Get it while you can, this will be one you will refer to for years to come.

RexMalaki

Silver Crow said:
My book arrived today and I must say, it was worth every penny. The book is amazing and it reminds me why I love Robert's artwork so much. Get it while you can, this will be one you will refer to for years to come.

Oh yea, I got mine today. It's gorgeous book. Can't wait to read it!

frelkins

Nice book, he could use a copy editor tho', lots of typos. But that niggle aside, for US$10 it's a great deal, altho' I don't think there's anything in it - ok, maybe the connection of Tower to St. Barbara - that regulars here won't know. However to have all that info and the gorgeous graphics in 1 place is well worth it, imvho. It's fantastic on the iPad, tho' the Kindle app couldn't open it, nor could the Stanza app.

Wendywu

Do you reckon Calibre could convert the .pdf to a .mobi so it could be read on a Kindle? I know $10 isn't much, but it's $10 I don't want to spend on a book I can't get onto my Kindle. I can't really afford the ink to print it all out either...

Greg Stanton

Can Kindles display graphics? In Color? I didn't think they could.

Wendywu

I have Place's book Tarot History, Symbolism & Divination which I got from Amazon for the Kindle and although Kindle's won't do color they do greyscale and illustrations are very clear.

I thought maybe the text would be rich enough to be worth $10 but if it depends utterly on the colours in the graphics, maybe not?