Dead Bugs and an Emerald

.traveller.

I wasn't going to post this dream, but it is too weird not to.

I dreamt that I had three dead insects in my right ear, as well as a large emerald. I couldn't get to the emerald without touching the bugs, so I tried to knock them out of my ear. That worked, and the emerald came out with them. The insects and gemstone were all about the length of my thumb. One of the bugs was a scarab, another was wasplike, and the third was blue black spider wasp.

It's kind of an interesting dream, despite it's creepiness.
(btw, I don't have an ear infection.)

celticnoodle

I know that to dream you are cleaning your ears can suggest that you are not paying close attention to those around you or you are purposely not hearing something you don't want to.

an emerald in your dream represents strength and healing.

bugs symbolize worries and fears you are experiencing, and something you need to deal with.

a scarab symbolizes your ability to survive, adapt and change and indicates you are on the right path.

a wasp symbolizes evil, anger and negative feelings.

I'm not so sure what symbolism the spider wasp holds though, I do know that for the spider, it is a symbol of the mysterious. spiders generally are telling you to be careful with your choices and do not make them hastily.

does this help you?

zannamarie

Here's my take:

Sounds like something someone said (that you heard with your ear) in your past (since the insects are dead) is really "bugging" you and you're going to have to go through them to get what you want. Seems like that is something you're able to do since you got the emerald.

Do emeralds have significance for you? If so, might be a clue to interpreting the dream.

.traveller.

Thank you both!

At first, I was kind of thinking it was a pun, "putting a bug in someone's ear". I was thinking that my guides were pointing out that they have been giving me guidance and I just have to look back to reap the rewards from it.

On the other hand, since the bugs were dead (thank god! I would have woken up in a hairy-scary-freak-fit if they were alive!) it might point to old messages that no longer serve me. Since I didn't want to touch them, that may represent my reluctance to embrace what they represent.

The emerald was uncut, and a gorgeous shade of green. The color I associate with one of my spirit guides. The stone itself I tend to think of as a love/relationship/marriage stone (with the qualities of faith and fidelity) because I looked it up a long time ago and that was what the website said about it.

I have to mull over it some more. Since the emerald was in my ear, I guess that means the answer is in my head somewhere.

mza

Another layer of meaning here-I thought your dream was telling you of a gift you might have which i think is clairaudience cos the emerald is in your ear plus the fact that you speak to guides shows you are someone spiritual. I don't know if i'm correct but i think the dream wants to draw attention to the emerald compared to the dead insects. The insects are dead and useless but the stone is a precious stone that has value and significance materially and spiritually. Emeralds are thought to symbolise memory, clairvoyance and prophecy (i just googled too).
Just a thought, thats what i thought at first glance. i add i like celticnoodle's interpretation -definitely makes a lot of sense.

.traveller.

mzansi-afrika said:
Another layer of meaning here-I thought your dream was telling you of a gift you might have which i think is clairaudience cos the emerald is in your ear plus the fact that you speak to guides shows you are someone spiritual.

That is an interesting idea. Clairaudience is one of my more underdeveloped skills, though I have had a few instances of it. I am still mulling over the content of this dream, so far I haven't had an Aha! moment regarding it.

Darn bugs must be getting in the way. ;)