Snake Bite?

GoddessArtemis

Last night, I had a pretty scary dream. I was hanging out with some people (that I don't know in real life, one of them including Prince Andrew of England..!), and someone...maybe a dentist, asked me to sit in his chair for my appointment. I noticed there were piles of clothes on the chair but he asked me to sit on top of them. Anyhow, as we were sitting there, somehow all of us started speaking about snakes, and all of a sudden, one appeared (it was a big, green, scary one)...it poised right above me..and then its fangs came out. Then in one quick move, it struck me on my hand. And let me tell you, it ACTUALLY hurt - to the point that I woke up, very briefly. But falling asleep almost immediately again, the dream continued.

The area on my hand (over my thumb) that was bitten was swollen red and the pain was spreading quickly. A boy sitting nearby..someone maybe about 17/18, reached over and grabbed my hand and isolated the area of the bite with his fingers, then started squeezing it until this clear liquid burst out of the bitten area...he explained this was the poison. However, the area continued to hurt and the redness was spreading, so I went to a hospital and tried to get help but it was chaos there and no one was helping.

The pain was so huge that I woke up.

I have no idea what this means. The snake seemed to be central to the dream, and though I looked up meanings of snake bites, as far as I read, nothing "felt" like the right meaning.

Anyone have any input on this?

Thanks.

GA

Queen Hippolyta

That is a deep one....

Snake are a symbol of sexuality but because they shed their skin they are a symbol of rebirth.

My best guess without knowing you personally...is that this dream is a warning of something or someone.

GoddessArtemis

Queen Hippolyta said:
That is a deep one....

Snake are a symbol of sexuality but because they shed their skin they are a symbol of rebirth.

My best guess without knowing you personally...is that this dream is a warning of something or someone.
That's kind of what I thought...but what else?

GA

Amanda

GoddessArtemis said:
Last night, I had a pretty scary dream. I was hanging out with some people (that I don't know in real life, one of them including Prince Andrew of England..!), and someone...maybe a dentist, asked me to sit in his chair for my appointment. I noticed there were piles of clothes on the chair but he asked me to sit on top of them.

I just had a dream not too long ago that I was trying on a bunch of new clothes. "To dream of... clothes, is symbolic of your public self and how you are perceived. It is indicative of the act you put on in front of others. Clothes are also an indication of your condition and status in life."

And so you sat on top of them... because the dentist asked you to. "To dream that you are at the dentist, represents your concerns about your appearance. Alternatively, it suggests that you are having some doubt over the sincerity and honor of some person in your life."

Anyhow, as we were sitting there, somehow all of us started speaking about snakes, and all of a sudden, one appeared (it was a big, green, scary one)...it poised right above me..and then its fangs came out. Then in one quick move, it struck me on my hand. And let me tell you, it ACTUALLY hurt - to the point that I woke up, very briefly. But falling asleep almost immediately again, the dream continued.

Not sure what all you looked up, but here is what I found on snakes:

"To see a snake or be bitten by one in your dream, signifies hidden fears and worries that are threatening you. Your dream may be alerting you to something in your waking life that you are not aware of or that has not yet surfaced. Alternatively, the snake may be seen as phallic and thus symbolize temptation, dangerous and forbidden sexuality. In particular, to see a snake on your bed, suggests that you are feeling sexually overpowered or sexually threatened. You may be inexperienced, nervous or just unable to keep up. If you are afraid of the snake, then it signifies your fears of sex, intimacy or commitment. The snake may also refer to a person around you who is callous, ruthless, and can't be trusted. As a positive symbol, snakes represent healing, transformation, knowledge and wisdom. It is indicative of self-renewal and positive change."

And bites:

"To dream that you are being bitten, represents your vulnerability regarding some unresolved issues or emotions. You may be pestered by a problem or obstacle. The dream may also be a metaphor indicating that you have bitten off more than you chew. Perhaps you have too much to handle."

And hands:

"To dream of your hands, represent your relationships with those around you and how you connect with the world. Hands serve as a form of communication and can represent authority, hate, protection, justice, etc depending on the gesture. Perhaps you need to lend a helping hand to someone. In particular, the left hand symbolizes your graciousness and your feminine, receptive qualities, while the right hand symbolizes the masculine and active attributes. The right hand may also be a pun for some decision or something being "right". If you dream that your hands are detached or see disembodied hands, then it indicates that you are not getting your point of view across. You are not being understood. The dream may also symbolize feelings of loneliness."

The area on my hand (over my thumb) that was bitten was swollen red and the pain was spreading quickly. A boy sitting nearby..someone maybe about 17/18, reached over and grabbed my hand and isolated the area of the bite with his fingers, then started squeezing it until this clear liquid burst out of the bitten area...he explained this was the poison. However, the area continued to hurt and the redness was spreading, so I went to a hospital and tried to get help but it was chaos there and no one was helping.

Pain:

"To dream that you are in pain, signifies that you are being too hard on yourself with regards to a situation that was out of your control. It may also be a true reflection of real pain that exists somewhere in your body."

Boy:

"If you are female and dream that you see or are a boy, then it indicates that you are developing the masculine aspects of character. Alternatively, it may represent your feelings about a real-life boy who is important and significant to you. You may have a crush on this boy and your waking thoughts of him has carried over into the dream world. Your motherly instincts may be taking over."

Poison:

"To see poison in your dream, denotes that you need to get rid of something in your life that is causing you much sickness and distress. You need to cleanse and purge away the negativity in your life."

Hospital:

"To see or dream that you are in a hospital, symbolizes your need to heal or improve your physical or mental health. You need to get back to the flow of everyday life. Alternatively, the dream suggests that you are giving up control of your own body. Perhaps you are afraid of losing control of your body."

Anyone have any input on this?

Thanks.

GA

I had a thought to about the head. Like, perhaps the snake was representing some kind of attack to your ego or outlook on something.

Overall, maybe this is indicative of some form of hateful attack on your surface appearance, or how others see you, and it pissed you off, but stung more deeply and spread as the redness did. Redness representing something like anger also.

Anyway, hope that helps you some, I'm not at all extremely good at this.

GoddessArtemis

Amanda_04 said:
I just had a dream not too long ago that I was trying on a bunch of new clothes. "To dream of... clothes, is symbolic of your public self and how you are perceived. It is indicative of the act you put on in front of others. Clothes are also an indication of your condition and status in life."

And so you sat on top of them... because the dentist asked you to. "To dream that you are at the dentist, represents your concerns about your appearance. Alternatively, it suggests that you are having some doubt over the sincerity and honor of some person in your life."

Not sure what all you looked up, but here is what I found on snakes:

"To see a snake or be bitten by one in your dream, signifies hidden fears and worries that are threatening you. Your dream may be alerting you to something in your waking life that you are not aware of or that has not yet surfaced. Alternatively, the snake may be seen as phallic and thus symbolize temptation, dangerous and forbidden sexuality. In particular, to see a snake on your bed, suggests that you are feeling sexually overpowered or sexually threatened. You may be inexperienced, nervous or just unable to keep up. If you are afraid of the snake, then it signifies your fears of sex, intimacy or commitment. The snake may also refer to a person around you who is callous, ruthless, and can't be trusted. As a positive symbol, snakes represent healing, transformation, knowledge and wisdom. It is indicative of self-renewal and positive change."

And bites:

"To dream that you are being bitten, represents your vulnerability regarding some unresolved issues or emotions. You may be pestered by a problem or obstacle. The dream may also be a metaphor indicating that you have bitten off more than you chew. Perhaps you have too much to handle."

And hands:

"To dream of your hands, represent your relationships with those around you and how you connect with the world. Hands serve as a form of communication and can represent authority, hate, protection, justice, etc depending on the gesture. Perhaps you need to lend a helping hand to someone. In particular, the left hand symbolizes your graciousness and your feminine, receptive qualities, while the right hand symbolizes the masculine and active attributes. The right hand may also be a pun for some decision or something being "right". If you dream that your hands are detached or see disembodied hands, then it indicates that you are not getting your point of view across. You are not being understood. The dream may also symbolize feelings of loneliness."

Pain:

"To dream that you are in pain, signifies that you are being too hard on yourself with regards to a situation that was out of your control. It may also be a true reflection of real pain that exists somewhere in your body."

Boy:

"If you are female and dream that you see or are a boy, then it indicates that you are developing the masculine aspects of character. Alternatively, it may represent your feelings about a real-life boy who is important and significant to you. You may have a crush on this boy and your waking thoughts of him has carried over into the dream world. Your motherly instincts may be taking over."

Poison:

"To see poison in your dream, denotes that you need to get rid of something in your life that is causing you much sickness and distress. You need to cleanse and purge away the negativity in your life."

Hospital:

"To see or dream that you are in a hospital, symbolizes your need to heal or improve your physical or mental health. You need to get back to the flow of everyday life. Alternatively, the dream suggests that you are giving up control of your own body. Perhaps you are afraid of losing control of your body."

I had a thought to about the head. Like, perhaps the snake was representing some kind of attack to your ego or outlook on something.

Overall, maybe this is indicative of some form of hateful attack on your surface appearance, or how others see you, and it pissed you off, but stung more deeply and spread as the redness did. Redness representing something like anger also.

Anyway, hope that helps you some, I'm not at all extremely good at this.
Thanks for all that work, Amanda. :) I did read pretty much the same stuff online, but none of them seemed to fit, unfortunately.

I know someone personally who's really good at dream interpretations, but today, all she could come up with was "an unseen enemy will spring on you out of nowhere and will try to hurt you". Which is what feels right, but I can't think of one person who'd want to bother me. I mean, why?

That's as far as I've gotten. You, of course, did a more thorough job of it and I thank you....I just think the most outstanding part of the dream was the snake, the bite, and not being able to get help for it. Hate dreams like that...

GA

re-pete-a

Was it right or left hand.

Coming or gone.

The snake being above you could indicate authority. A slow poison held onto , could indicate long running prejudices. The boy could be the initial help . Perhaps a clerk, of official standing.

Queen Hippolyta

Amanda_04 said:

Amanda I could be wrong about this but I somehow suspect that the clothes were just where the "snake" was hiding. My experience with real live snakes, (the kind that live in the woods) is that they lay in wait for their prey. You never really see them till you are right up on them, and then you are scared sh!tless! (Ask that copperhead I got with the weed eater....or not) Snakes blend in so well with their surroundings. To have a snake hiding in one's clothing? Now that creeps me out.

GoddessArtemis

re-pete-a said:
Was it right or left hand.

Coming or gone.

The snake being above you could indicate authority. A slow poison held onto , could indicate long running prejudices. The boy could be the initial help . Perhaps a clerk, of official standing.
Right hand. The snake wasn't really above me, per se...it was next to me but tall enough that felt 'above' me.

GA

re-pete-a

The most important thing here is what you feel it is . Outside of that there's only suggestions.

Rt hand could indicate it's still coming.

What do you FEEL (not think) the snake represents. Go for the first impression , doesn't have to be logical. This may help trigger your sub C.