Leaking roof?

Alta

Hi all,

Any thoughts about a dream about a leaking roof? It wasn't my real-life house and the water wasn't just leaking, it was pouring in, in streams, almost rivers.

I think my late mother was there, but not sure in that fuzzy way of confused identities that you get in dreams. I don't have a strong feel for the particular house, it wasn't the house where I grew up either.

Any thoughts? The images were so strong that the dream woke me up with a start.

Alta

Queeny

Some info i have found that may be of some use :)

Leak

To see a leak in your dream, symbolizes loss, disappointments, frustrations and distress. You are wasting your energy on fruitless endeavors. Alternatively, the dream indicates some repressed feelings emerging from your unconscious or from your past. Metaphorically, the dream may suggest that some secret information has "leaked" out.

Water

To see water in your dream, symbolizes your unconscious and your emotional state of mind. Water is the living essence of the psyche and the flow of life energy. It is also symbolic of spirituality, knowledge, healing and refreshment.To see muddy or dirty water in your dream, indicates that you are wallowing in your negative emotions. You may need to take some time to cleanse your mind and find internal peace. Alternatively, the dream suggests that your thinking/judgment is unclear and clouded. If you are immersed in muddy water, then it indicates that you are in over your head in a situation and are overwhelmed by your emotions.

To dream that water is rising up in your house, suggests that you are becoming overwhelmed by your emotions.

To hear running water in your dream, denotes meditation and reflection. You are reflecting on your thoughts and emotions.

perhaps if your late mother was there she wants you to let go of the painful emotions you still hold for losing her?

just an idea, hope this has been of some help :)

queenxofxwands

All i could think of was, is there or has there been a bombardment from other people around you emotionally? It could be theres some outside force, or influence that is weighing heavy on your mind? If so you may be needing to clear your head space and check your boundaries, make sure its all sealed. Almost like theres this "too much information" thing happening. Things affecting you more than is usual , or more than you think they ought to

maybe

Alta

Hi Queeny, thanks for looking all those up for me, appreciated. My mother has been gone for more than 14 years and I think that I have passed through the grieving stages, the thought of her just makes me a little sad but that is all now.

Hi queenxofxwands,

Yes, those are very good possibilities, and there has been quite a bit of that this past couple of weeks.

Alta

YDM42

I totally get this, when emotions are just coming or going through the roof...

maybe the mother symbolises orgin of how you belief those private matters should be handled.

queenxofxwands said:
All i could think of was, is there or has there been a bombardment from other people around you emotionally? It could be theres some outside force, or influence that is weighing heavy on your mind? If so you may be needing to clear your head space and check your boundaries, make sure its all sealed. Almost like theres this "too much information" thing happening. Things affecting you more than is usual , or more than you think they ought to

maybe

lark

Well a roof is your highest priority right now...the capping thought so to speak.
And a water leak is a dwindling of spiritual attitudes or behaviors.

Anything going on at church?

Mother is a nurturing symbol...and because she was so fuzzy and vague in the dream it might symbolize a lack of nurturing in your spiritual environment,
that is causing you to feel a dwindling..(but in your case a gusher) of lack of spiritual involvement.

Alta

lark said:
Well a roof is your highest priority right now...the capping thought so to speak.
And a water leak is a dwindling of spiritual attitudes or behaviors.

Anything going on at church?

Mother is a nurturing symbol...and because she was so fuzzy and vague in the dream it might symbolize a lack of nurturing in your spiritual environment,
that is causing you to feel a dwindling..(but in your case a gusher) of lack of spiritual involvement.
Good thoughts, I think they are correct.

I formally left the church 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Alta

YDM42 said:
maybe the mother symbolises origin of how you belief those private matters should be handled.
Could be. The dream she was just 'sort of' there. I didn't take it as a big feature of the dream though.

TractJM

Is it possible she was visiting etherically to lend you warmth or remind you she's there? Perhaps, and I agree (my first intuitive instinct was the water was spiritual) that a "spiritual leak" or "loss of self/center" was present, and you're not in an "alien" and "unfamiliar" place in life where you're independent and on your own, but you're losing something valuable to you that you have thrived on (water).

Alta

Yes, that is a real possibility. Putting a lot of peoples' thoughts together, I think that I start to see where the leaks are coming from. And why they are so big. This has been very helpful.