Bohemian Gothic (2nd Edition) Two of Wands

strings of life

There is a haunting element to this card (much like many others in the deck). A man stands in the left corner of the card and holds his wand upright. He is focused and appears to be stepping towards his goal as he walks down a path. We don’t see where he is going or what he is looking at. However, behind him is a ghostly apparition of a woman. Who is this woman? Is it someone from his past or is she symbolic of a previous weight on his shoulders, something that held him down? She gazes at him, almost as if she is sad to see him go. In the background, we see the remaining ruins of a building covered in ivy and grounds that have run wild. The sky is cloudy and bats fly in the top right corner. They too, have escaped, at least temporarily and I feel like they are representative of freedom and survival.

When setting out to tackle something or start a new project, we may carry heavy burdens or have concerns that may taint or delay our journey. By staying focused, we can overcome obstacles and come out better in the end. Stay on the path and see what happens. Sure, you can always go back, but by doing so, we are taking a step back. You may have been comfortable or perhaps you were stuck in a holding pattern. Look at things with a new pair of eyes and see where your path takes you.

DaughterOfDanu

This card speaks to me much more than the ace. I see the cards asking us to choose between the man (The here and now and possibly the future) and the ghost-like apparition. The ghost in the background has a very mournful face which I consider to be one's past. The man seems content and at times looks as if he's smiling a bit. This is where I view him as being the future. You can also see the torn down structure in the background which I also relate to the past. So in this way I see the card asking us to choose between being stuck on the negative parts of our past, or moving on hopefully to the future.
I see this card in another way, as well. I see the man having just parted from the figure in the back. So in a way, he's just starting off on his journey looking for better things in his life.

BelovedK

In addition, this card impresses on me that he is waiting, but not noticing the figure/spirit on the stairs that seems to be waiting for him to notice her. He is calm and a bit bored, and if he would only turn around, he would find what he is seeking.

Ready to move on, but if he would only look back one more time, what he has been seeking is there.

Libra8ca

The book describes the man with the wand as a ghost hunter who is so determined and focused that he fails to notice the ghost behind him.
Recently I was looking for an item and asked the deck where it is and I got this card! I guess it's somewhere obvious and I'm just not seeing it :D
So if this card comes up it may be pointing to someone/ something who does not want to be seen or is overseen for some reason.

strings of life

Libra8ca said:
The book describes the man with the wand as a ghost hunter who is so determined and focused that he fails to notice the ghost behind him.
Recently I was looking for an item and asked the deck where it is and I got this card! I guess it's somewhere obvious and I'm just not seeing it :D
So if this card comes up it may be pointing to someone/ something who does not want to be seen or is overseen for some reason.
Interesting...

I now have the book on the way (yay!) so that I can compare my interpretations with Baba's. I'll go with mine--since that's the beauty of reading the cards--but it helps so much to see what they intended. The more variations in what we all see, the better.

BelovedK said:
In addition, this card impresses on me that he is waiting, but not noticing the figure/spirit on the stairs that seems to be waiting for him to notice her. He is calm and a bit bored, and if he would only turn around, he would find what he is seeking.

Ready to move on, but if he would only look back one more time, what he has been seeking is there.
Your interpretation coincides slightly with what they intended. I do see this now.

strings of life

Libra8ca said:
I meant to comment on your post earlier but I forgot to. The book interpretation is interesting. I see how he is focused and is one of the first observations that I made. However, the description is the book explains that this ghost is not someone from his past, but merely a ghost that he failed to notice!

Libra8ca said:
I agree. If this card comes up, I'll see it as an indicator of a plan that may be foiled due to a person being so focused--to the point of almost being absent minded--that they miss out on something that may be hidden, an important fact, a lesson, or what they may be looking for.