Tarot Fiction

Healing Spirit

Hi

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend any fiction that is inspired by the Tarot? I'm reading "Tarot of Perfection" and have read the Charles Williams novels.

In particular, has anyone read the collection of tales called "Tarot Tales", a compendium of short stories written by many authors?

Blessings, Light and Love,

Nic

gregory

Healing Spirit said:
Hi

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend any fiction that is inspired by the Tarot? I'm reading "Tarot of Perfection" and have read the Charles Williams novels.

In particular, has anyone read the collection of tales called "Tarot Tales", a compendium of short stories written by many authors?

Blessings, Light and Love,

Nic
Yes, and I didn't like it a lot.

John Crowley "Little Big" is great - I am not sure if it fits your bill quite. I am told Frank Portman's "Andromeda Klein" is the most tarot novel EVER - but I don't have it yet. There's Kate Mosse's "Sepulchre" which centres around a tarot deck - but it is pretty bad, IMHO. There is a rather good tarot bit in Susannah Clarke's "Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell". And there is, of course, "The Castle of Crossed Destinies" (Calvino) - I read that recently and am still not sure if I like it. But it is ALL tarot !

Wendywu

I recently read The Tarot Murders by Mignon Warner. Not an especially deep or gripping tale, but I read it to the end :). It's an old fashioned who-dunnit and focuses on a murderer who leaves a tarot card with each victim. A tarot reader called in to help ...

Like I say, not great literature but a good bedtime read.

Suzanne A

I recently read a book called The Devil, The Lovers and Me: A Life in Tarot, by Kimberlee Auerbach. It's a memoir, but it reads like a novel. It's funny and touching, and has a lot of good insights about how Tarot can help us understand ourselves. It would actually be a good book to recommend to any friends or relatives who may wonder what you see in Tarot, and worry that it is too weird or dangerous. (I don't think it would help with fundamentalists--nothing would--but for people with a somewhat open mind.)

Lillie

Piers Anthony, the Tarot trilogy.

It's sci fi.

gregory

OMG.

The Celestine Prophecy is NOT TAROT. Trust me on this :(

Healing Spirit

Thanks for all of those suggestions folks.

Light and love

Nic

Bernice

Lillie said:
Piers Anthony, the Tarot trilogy.

It's sci fi.
Yes, I would recommend these books.

Bee :)