Any Palmistry Book Recommendations?

greatdane

Thanks Dancing Bear and Cardlady!

I know Beyondtheveil started this thread, but I have decided to check out more re some books and sources and found this thread, so I appreciated the link, DB!

Oh and Cardlady, thanks re the rune reference. I was wondering about that! I saw that and thought...runes..palmistry? OOOKKKK...but wasn't sure where that kind of came from.

Anyway, I'm enjoying checking out palmistry and I sure enjoy reading any other tips or sources anyone has!

GD

mystic Guy

The Laws Of Scientific Hand Reading
by William G Benham.

Get that book if you really want to learn, a Bible sized book.

greatdane

Thanks Mystic Guy!

Going to check to see if I can find it online.

Just checked and see a two vol set, another one that's just one book I think and another called the Benham book of Palmistry. Each have different publish dates.

GD

Orenda

Johnny Fincham provides an apprentice to professional book which is interesting as a beginning, and there are many palmistry forum sites online too. :)

I agree with some of Dancing Bear's comments, especially that there are many aspects to consider in the hand, including in combinations. I don't agree with the below quote though, unless you're discussing those who have their right hand as dominant. The idea here is that the non-dominant and dominant hands each have a purpose, so you read both hands of a querent.

Dancing Bear said:
Left hand is where we have come form , our childhood our inner self..
Right hand is where we are at now and what we let the world know.

Mnemonica

Palm Reading for Beginners by Richard Webster is a great book to start with, full of information and very easy to read. Also, there is an E-book by Julian Moore, I believe its called Speed Learning-Palm Reading in Your Own Words. It's a lot less dense than most palmistry books I've seen and it uses a very practical learning system for doing readings in the real world.

greatdane

Orenda and Mnemonica

Thank you so much for your thoughts! As a REAL novice, I just wanted to start simply, get some basics and see how I felt from there. I am one of those people who likes to try crawling before running and I always know there are some great indepth books on lots of subjects, but first I always like to understand the very basics. You have both given me some books to check out.

Blessings,
GD

BeyondtheVeil

greatdane said:
on Amazon for a penny. I read the contents and the guy's bio and seems like an easy, but good, place to start. Besides for a penny plus 3.99 ship...for new?

Great deal!:thumbsup: Let us know what you think about it when it arrives.

BeyondtheVeil

Dancing Bear said:

Thanks Dancing Bear! I had heard that Cheiro is great for learning. The problem I found was with the reviews of the books that one could get. They say they are copies of copies and hard to see/read. That kept me from buying it before. {The reviews} They said if you could get your hands on an original Cheiro book than it would be great. You aren't the only one that loves Cheiro's book. Do you have the original? Or what year is the copyright?

Thanks again for all of the recommendations and links!! :heart:
BeyondtheVeil

BeyondtheVeil

Dancing Bear said:
Reading about the lines and learning their meanings doesnt always work.
Some lines mean one thing for one person and another for the next ..
Use your gut feelings when reading palms too, even though you may learn and get to know the basic meanings, That is just a guide!!
Some lines Linked and joined to others , (just like combinations of tarot) give a whole different spin to them.

Left hand is where we have come form , our childhood our inner self..
Right hand is where we are at now and what we let the world know.

Make sure you get to know what the shape of hands and fingers mean too, combined with the lines make you reading them a lot more in depth.

Thanks for the tips! :heart: I would definitely need a 'guide" to start with as I know nothing about the palms, lines, fingers, etc. I am glad to 'hear" that it is about gut/intuition feelings as well as some basic knowledge.

BeyondtheVeil

greatdane said:
I know Beyondtheveil started this thread, but I have decided to check out more re some books and sources and found this thread, so I appreciated the link, DB!

Oh and Cardlady, thanks re the rune reference. I was wondering about that! I saw that and thought...runes..palmistry? OOOKKKK...but wasn't sure where that kind of came from.

Anyway, I'm enjoying checking out palmistry and I sure enjoy reading any other tips or sources anyone has!

GD

No worries, GD! I started this thread, but everyone is welcome to learn and ask questions. :heart: I am glad that you are finding this thread helpful too! :)