Any Palmistry Book Recommendations?

magpie9

any palmistry book by Sasha Fenton is good and really worth working with. There's "the Palmistry Workbook" by Nathaniel Altman that has great palm prints and the best method of taking them. Very good book. I find Benton and Chiero very dense and sometimes self-contradictory, it;s not where I'd start out as a beginner.

MandMaud

any palmistry book by Sasha Fenton is good and really worth working with. There's "the Palmistry Workbook" by Nathaniel Altman that has great palm prints and the best method of taking them. Very good book. I find Benton and Chiero very dense and sometimes self-contradictory, it;s not where I'd start out as a beginner.

That's great to see - I found this thread because I just picked up the Altman on AbeBooks and wanted to see what people were saying about it!

Starri Knytes

Palm readings in your own words

minotaur

The Runic Palmistry book is ridiculous. If you got it for a penny used you are going to wish you had your penny back.

On another thread, and on this one, the work "Palmistry-Palm Reading in Your Own Words" by Julian Moore has been recommended. For learning a basic approach to a quick reading this is very good.

Some of the Richard Webster stuff is also quite good for short readings. I have used his material for 5-15 minute palm readings for a long time. While I now read with much more of an understanding of why things mean what they do I always have the Webster stuff to fall back on if I blank. I will never have a bad palm reading with his stuff in my back pocket.

For Vedic Palmistry look at "Love in the Palm of Your Hand" and "Destiny in the Palm of Your Hand", both by Ghanshyam Singh Birla.

While Johnny Fincham is consistently at or near the top of amazon sales and has highly rated books I really am not a fan. I think his approach is more a marketing hook than a superior approach to palmistry. His books have some good stuff in them but in his efforts to get away from heart/head/life line stuff he overcomplicates things. Just because a system is a good read doesn't mean it will make a good reading. I think his approach succeeds despite itself due to the inherent power of palm reading. If you have a kindle you can get a short sample of his newest book, "Palmistry Made Easy" and judge for yourself. I think the classic approach is still best.

The book I would recommend for understanding palm reading, not just memorizing meanings, is "Palm Reading Plain and Simple" by Dean Montalbano. His approach is based on understanding. For example you will learn about getting the meaning of a line from where it starts, where it ends, and what the line does on the way.

That book is available at quite reasonable prices on amazon.