Any chance for a Victorian Romantic app?

coredil

Any chance for a Victorian Romantic app? (original)

Just as the title says, a question for Karen and Alex.
I am presently so glad with the Legacy of the Divine app and the Maat app.
It would be sooo nice to have the Victorian (and maybe the Bohemian gothic too ;))!

Alta

That's a great idea. Clearly the software is available because Ciro M has done it.

cirom

Yes, but that software is was written by my colleague, and we worked in parallel, with me preparing all graphic files, not just of the cards but the various interfaces. There is no Tarot app software template that you can simply download and apply your images to, (that I know of). Each has to be written and depending on how sophisticated the features and functionality are, (not all tarot apps are equal) it takes quite a bit of know how. Or you could pay someone who has already produced one and see if they would adapt it to your deck.
To be honest I'm still not sure if this whole tarot app thing is worth the effort.

Alta

Thanks for clarifying that. I probably shouldn't have even commented because I am technically illiterate. :)

Aerin

cirom said:
To be honest I'm still not sure if this whole tarot app thing is worth the effort.

That's interesting. I speak as someone who doesn't have a fancy gadget ;) and who is wondering if she is missing out big time.

Maybe you could licence your software now you have the interfaces sorted and then it would be worth it? Just thinking aloud.

cirom

Alta said:
Thanks for clarifying that. I probably shouldn't have even commented because I am technically illiterate. :)

Not at all, but I thought it was worth clarifying that its not easy as one might think.

Aerin said:
That's interesting. I speak as someone who doesn't have a fancy gadget ;) and who is wondering if she is missing out big time.

Maybe you could licence your software now you have the interfaces sorted and then it would be worth it? Just thinking aloud.

Well missing out ? not necessarily, Personally I consider that apps, while not being a substitution for a real touchy feelly reading with a physical deck, they are certainly a worthwhile alternative of convenience in many ways, and some in fact allow you to do things that a physical deck can't, such as e-mailing your readings and spreads to friends and customers. Plus of course that via the "fancy gadget" you could theoretically speaking have numerous decks in your pocket to choose from while away from home. I think it would be a rather ostrich's head in the sand attitude to reject them out of hand, without at least trying a couple out first.

When I questioned wether it was all worthwhile, I was'nt questioning the use of the apps, but rather the time and effort that goes into producing them.

Personally I wouldn't be interested in licensing out my particular software , because its specifically geared to my decks and includes unique features, and corresponding themed graphics, so it would require a lot more work than simply replacing one set of card images for another. But I'm sure some of the simpler apps out there could be adapted more easily, so if any creative out there is interested, I suggest you contact some of the other tarot app producers. Its certainly worth a try.

Forgive the plug, but I'd also like to take this opportunity to let anyone who does have one of my apps know, that a free update is a couple of weeks away.
It includes just about every new feature that anyone has ever suggested, such as bigger reading table, ability to save your favourite spreads, and larger e-mailed screen shot of your readings.

coredil

Aerin said:
Yes you are ;)

cirom said:
When I questioned wether it was all worthwhile, I was'nt questioning the use of the apps, but rather the time and effort that goes into producing them.
I hope Karen and Alex do not read this comment ;)

coredil

Here is the answer I got from Karen through PM.

She allowed me to post it here but please take care that she expressly asked me to mention that she is keeping most discussion to Facebook - otherwise she can see more questions appearing on the thread and people may be confused if they're not answered here.

baba-prague said:
Hi Coredil,

Many thanks for that thought. I am keeping all discussion to our Facebook pages for now:
link removed by Moderator
You are very welcome to pose the question there if you'd like to see other people's reactions.

The direct answer is that we don't have any plans to do an app right now. We are just up to our ears in projects and as a good app takes considerable time to develop, we can't see it happening for quite a while - if it happens at all.

Thank-you again

All the best,

Karen

ilweran

I do think if you're going to do an app it needs to be done properly - Ciro's are a good example of very well done apps and so are the Kris Waldherr apps.

I downloaded one of the Llewellyn tarot apps and don't like it, it is just a template with a different deck and text dropped in. If they were going to go that route they should have made the other decks available as in app purchases. As it is it's the only tarot app I've paid for that is no longer on my iPod.

GadgetGirl

cirom said:

I for one am so pleased that you did put in all of the effort. :) I love this App to bits and use it all the time. It's definitely the most attractive and easy to use App that I have. I now need to get an iPhone so I can get Tarot of Dreams as well (have an iPod Touch at the moment).