I am making a demand!

Mateo06

I want one of Ciro's decks as an app for android phones, preferably the Legacy of the Divine.
It's unfair that the Iphone gets the app, and android has to sit back and be jealous.
I am pretty sure this demand is unrealistic, but I am sure others are with me. The law of supply and demand states that if the demand is ther,e a supply shall come forth to quench it.
Any other android users with me, Iphone users thoughts? Someone chime in!

BelovedK

I agree, it's not fair. Android app, Android app!!!!!!

Let's make noise!!!!

GryffinSong

Well, I don't have an android, and am not even 100% certain I know what one is, but you deserve an app!!! The customer is ALWAYS right!!! ;)

Cerulean

Sprint users can choose an Android...do not see a Ciro Marchetti Tarot App yet...

...would it be a Best of Marchetti Tarot app? Or is there a particular deck one would choose?

Cerulean

MrAndrewJ

Please don't forget to include us users of older Android versions either. Not all of our phones get the updates any more. :(

Greg Stanton

Oh, hai Ciro...

Mateo06

I know the Legacy of the Divine is on the Iphone, and the Tarot of Dreams was in the making, not sure if it was released yet, but I don't see why it would be a big switch to the Android market. Even a version dumbed down would be alright. I know Ciro's work is always superb, and I don't trust the other tarot apps on the market for android.

aja

another 'Droid user chiming in...I'd LOVE the opportunity to have a Legacy of the Diving for my Droid!!

please??

Newellar

Hi, I'm Ciro's partner on the production of these apps. We have discussed this topic several times. It appears he is uncomfortable in participating on these forums now, but felt that a response was appropriate, so I will do so on behalf of both of us.

When Ciro and I started with the Legacy app, we wanted to build an application that met our vision. As it tuns out, we developed one of, if not the most sophisticated tarot app available. Since we are both Mac guys, the iPhone platform was a natural fit. This level of complexity comes at a price in terms of development time and ultimately the price of the app itself. In order to develop for an addition platform, it is back to the beginning, as each of the smartphones has a different development tool set. It's not a simple matter of "porting" an app from iPhone to Android. You have to write the whole thing again from scratch.

The tarot app market is flooded with far cheaper (even free) options, which of course will tend to attract the majority of interest, so while we are not discounting the possibility in the future of developing our apps for different formats such as Android, we really need to have some more time to evaluate the real potential and if tarot apps as Ciro and I envisage them, have enough appeal.

What we can say, although once again it will initially apply only to the iPhone, is that we are working on two new apps, one for the Gilded and one for Ciro's new oracle deck.

rwcarter

Welcome Newellar!

Thanks for the response/update.