Knight of Swords as feelings?

Biba28

Hi,

How would you interpret this card in a reading about someone's feelings for you? I wonder if they're trying to literally cut away any romantic feelings, getting them out of their head.

Help? :)

Fostha

Biba28 said:
Hi,
How would you interpret this card in a reading about someone's feelings for you? I wonder if they're trying to literally cut away any romantic feelings, getting them out of their head.

Yuck,what would make you even think there were any kind of feelings,let alone romantic ones?(disturbing) Not really a card that does romantic feelings thats for sure,most romantic line from this card is 'I'm right your wrong and I dont know what you really think you can do about it'.

rwcarter

I see the KnS as being brash and impulsive, leaping before he looks. So as one's feelings for another, I'd say that they are reactive without much or any thought behind them or that they are impulsive. (My friends hate you, so I hate you too. You were nice to me, so I love you. You were mean to someone I like, so I don't like you.)

I would see the Queen Swords as being the type to cut away any romantic feelings, trying to get them out of her head. I see the Knight as being too busy saving the day to have any real romantic feelings.

Rodney

Elivag

Hm, basically, I'd say they either are looking up to you(as a potent, strong and warrior like person) or are trying to consider the ramifications of acting before thinking, in effect thinking before acting.

Also for a loose interpretation, maybe they feel they need to be a knight of swords to get you? Kinda like "use sword, make leaps, and generally act first, ask questions and see what events you've caused later".

cheers

mza

Biba28 said:
Hi,

I'd say in general that about feelings towards you not considering romantic feelings would be that they are sharpish and insensitive and don't care how you feel about them. Their attitude to you would be like there's nothing you can do about it. Almost childish in their cruelty. Romance wise- they'd be selfish and get a sick pleasure in hurting you. Ridicule you if they not interested if you happen to show interest in them. Toss them away.

Muir Aingeal

They could be angry at you.

juliasv

I've always associated the Knight of Swords as someone who is akin to Borderline Personality, which ties in rwcarter posted. Maybe because he tends to show up in spreads that with my ex husband, lol! Someone who's feelings change according to what you can or have done for *them* and can change in a heartbeat depending on if they feel you've done enough for them!

lilnurse89

I tend to see this one as someone who is thinking about the relationship, using logic more than listening to his heart. He's a knight, and immature compared to the King, so he's probably not understanding his feelings at this point. I've always seen this knight as a young teenage boy blazing accross a battlefield (or anything really), so excited (or angry about something) to be one of the "guys" a "man" (even though he is not quite there yet - which a lot of boys go through for a very long time, it's that building self-esteem age, that most of us girls hate - not offense boys!) not caring or paying attention to who he cuts along the way. He hasn't put cause and effect together like the King has. He's a little like the knight of wands, but I see a lot more ambition in the knight of wands, and positive drive.

so there could potentially be romantic feelings here, but there could be some mental block that's stopping him using his heart.

hope that helps!

nisaba

Biba28 said:
It really depends what deck you're using, but in RWS imagery this Knight is the only one whose horse is at a full gallop, and his sword is not being held ceremonially as the other Swords court cards hold it, but it pointed forward, like a jousting-pole, in an effort to make violent contact.

I see this Knight as the one who knows he's intelligent (after all, he's a Sword!) but is rather smug about it, and because of his belief in his intellectual superiority, he jumps in before he thinks things through.

Thus, he is quite likely to try and do the conquering-hero-rescuing-damsels-in-distress thingie even if you are NOT in distress, and actively don't want to be rescued from the situation you're in. He makes assumptions, and acts on them without thinking any further.

So he's impetuous, and tends to override the will of others. If you personally are charmed by that, then he's charming. I'm completely over men trying to be heroes to impress people, myself, but not everybody is. Some people think it's admirable. To each his (or her) own.

WalesWoman

Ok, how many will admit to reading trashy romancenovels??? Male anatomy is most often sounds the sword in search of a sheath... and this knight has shiny armor and everything. Who says swords aren't sexy or have feelings? Theirs are more logical or try to use logic to explain them.

Feelings are acute, sudden, breath taking and rash. Boldly, fearlessly going forward, at a full charge, feeling like you've been hit by a tornado, a whirlwind of feelings. Blown away might describe it. It still depends on the deck, but in some decks swords are fire rather than air and that would have a lot of passion and desire and all those things that take someone by storm... just like those silly romance novels.