Dreams about school, locker number, and combination word.

Amanda

I was back in my high school, and had went to my first class. I couldn't remember my second or third class, so I went to the office to get a copy of my schedule. While I was there I also asked the secretary for my locker number and combination because I couldn't remember anything. She told me that my second class was Geometry, and the third class was Government. She then went on to tell me that my locker number was 535 - but instead of giving me numbers for the lock combination on my locker, she gave me a word that I would have to type into the locker like a text. The word was "cave".

Any idea on what all this could mean? A few weeks ago, I dreamed I was back in the same school, only I couldn't remember anything, and accidentally wandered into the right class, but didn't have my homework. I was embarrassed, so I snuck out of the room.

summerbutterfly

Amanda,

Do you think it might be related to your job search...... You are searching for your classes and locker, your school "workplace" and in your present work, you are looking for a "new" workplace ?

Just a thought.....

Amanda

Thanks summerbutterfly- yeah I suppose it could have something to do with that. In the first dream (a few weeks ago) maybe it was showing how careless I felt I might have been in the job search, or unprepared or something... and then in this one it's showing me having the ability to go to the "secretary" and get all the information I need... secretary being key here probably- saying I need some kind of "support" services maybe?

summerbutterfly

Amanda_04 said:
Thanks summerbutterfly- yeah I suppose it could have something to do with that. In the first dream (a few weeks ago) maybe it was showing how careless I felt I might have been in the job search, or unprepared or something... and then in this one it's showing me having the ability to go to the "secretary" and get all the information I need... secretary being key here probably- saying I need some kind of "support" services maybe?

I've been thinking about this all day long, and the word " networking" comes to mind when I think about "secretary". As my mentor one day told me in an ironic tone, "it's who you know, that will get you the job"........

Amanda

summerbutterfly said:
I've been thinking about this all day long, and the word " networking" comes to mind when I think about "secretary". As my mentor one day told me in an ironic tone, "it's who you know, that will get you the job"........

That's so true and often said around here. I need to make contacts in higher places.

DownwardSpiral

Hi Amanda,
This is really interesting because in the past I have had several dreams in which I am back in high school and either I can't find my locker or I can't remember my combination. I haven't had one of these dreams in awhile and unfortunately I can't remember what was going on in my life at the time of these dreams. (Mine were spaced out randomly over years) I do remember in my dreams feeling very frustrated.

I don't know why but I just had a sudden flash as I was reading thru this.....is there something in your life that you've been trying to avoid? That just popped in my head out of nowhere so sorry if it sounds crazy.

Amanda

DownwardSpiral said:
Hi Amanda,
This is really interesting because in the past I have had several dreams in which I am back in high school and either I can't find my locker or I can't remember my combination. I haven't had one of these dreams in awhile and unfortunately I can't remember what was going on in my life at the time of these dreams. (Mine were spaced out randomly over years) I do remember in my dreams feeling very frustrated.

I don't know why but I just had a sudden flash as I was reading thru this.....is there something in your life that you've been trying to avoid? That just popped in my head out of nowhere so sorry if it sounds crazy.

Well, now that you've brought this back up into my awareness, I did just have a little bit of a life-changing moment. I essentially got to the core of one of my issues I wasn't even fully aware that I had, and that could be the "thing" that was locked up in the locker, hidden away like in a "cave". I can't say I was purposely and consciously avoiding the thing, but I was avoiding it nonetheless. And now it's out in the open (to me) and I'm trying to deal with it.

It's all a maturation process I believe.

And it totally freaked me out that you sound just like me in your profile. LOL I totally "stumbled" into a book store one day and came from the same kind of background. Freaky! :laugh:

DownwardSpiral

Ha that (similar backgrounds) is freaky but the way I see it.... nothing from my past stands in my way of thinking to what I'm learning now. I just wish I had stumbled into this years ago. I feel like I've been cheated.