Challenge/Gift of the New Year

franniee

bodhran said:
Your challenge for 2011:
Cactus: Prickly Attitude, Cantankerous person, Grouch
"How much pleasure and joy do we unknowingly block out of our life with our carefully built personal weapons of mass deflection?" ~ Sharyn/Quirkeries
Do you perhaps work with some obnoxious people? Or are you in a situation where what you do is not appreciated? Perhaps you have some family members who insist on telling you how to run your life. Whatever the cause, these are the kind of folks who can make us prickly and grumpy. Your challenge for this year will be to find an outlet for this stress, so you can enjoy the good things (and ignore the pain-in-the-necks!).

I think I learned how to ignore the PITA people that I come in contact with - this year! I believe I turned a corner. It happened in October. It was more than about time! :) Hopefully I take this forward and expand upon it. I don't think these people are in my family - I think they are in my community and socially.

bodhran said:
Your gift for 2011:
German Shepherd: Investigation, Detection, Search
"Make a proper investigation first." ~ Buddha
Your inquisitiveness is going to be quite the gift this year. Not only are you going to uncover some deals and opportunities, you're going to find out some hidden details about someone or something BEFORE you get involved or sign anything. Talk about saving yourself and some other folks some headaches! I wonder if Sir Arthur Conan Doyle has an extra hat, cape and pipe you can borrow... (yea, you're going to be that good!:))

Nice! My intuition has been very strong lately. I think I am actually listening! Go me! :thumbsup: Again.... it's more than about time! })

Thank you Bodhran!!! A lovely reading for the new year!!!

I tried to read with buttons but I was looking at the pattern they made. I had the hardest time with them. Any other object was fine but buttons were near impossible for me to pick anything up on. This was wonderful! Thank you and Happy Blessed New year to you! :love:

jfiallo0982

bodhran said:
Your challenge for 2011:
Zipper : Containment, Restraint, Silence
"The one who cannot restrain their anger will wish undone, what their temper and irritation prompted them to do." ~ Horace
Sometimes the best thing we can say... is nothing. Sometimes the smartest thing we can do is... nothing. Our emotions can lead us to say and do things that, in calmer moments, we wouldn't. Your challenge is going to be know when restraint would be much wiser than cutting loose and letting your emotions have free rein.

Your gift for 2011:
Alligator: Inconsistency (contradiction, paradox)
"That man is a creature that needs order yet yearns for change is the creative contradiction at the heart of the laws which structure his conformity and define his deviancy." ~ Freda Adler
Most of the muscle in an alligator's jaw evolved to bite and grip prey. The muscles that close the jaws are exceptionally powerful, however the muscles for opening their jaws are relatively weak in comparison. Like the contradiction with the alligator, you're going to keep folks guessing this year. Others might think they have you figured out, but then you're going to leave them happily surprised. You're going to be the most interesting, multi-talented, hard-to-pin down person they've ever known!:)

Thanks!!! Cant wait to experience that!!!

obeygravity

bodhran said:
Your challenge for 2011:
Rat: Clutter, Confusion, Waste
"I've been getting rid of some clutter — anything that doesn't serve a positive purpose in my life... " ~ Jan Denise
Your challenge for this year will be to declutter. This may entail much more than cleaning out closets - it will involve looking at anything you're involved with. Are you doing things for others that they could be doing themselves? Are you overwhelmed with obligations, some that you could let go of?

Haha, yeah. there's a lot that I'm going to be getting rid of this year. It's one of those things that I'm naturally expecting to happen because I'm graduating and I'll be moving back home. So it'll kind of be the 'official' de-clutter since I'll finally be able to officially leave a lot of the negativity that's been cluttering my life behind.

Your gift for 2011:
Arjuna: Moral Dilemma, Inner struggle, Emotional quandary
"If you can think about a situation, you can deal with it. The big struggle is to keep your head clear enough to think." ~ Richard Pryor
In the Bhagavad Gita, Arjuna, a unrivaled archer, was reluctant to take part in the battle of the Kurukshetra war because he knew he would be expected to potentially kill the enemy, which included many of his own relatives. Unlike Arjuna, your gift will be the ability to see through all the emotional drama. Like his straight-shooting arrow, you'll perceive the truth clearly and know what action to take. I see a bulls-eye in your future!:)

I like this. Because, well, maybe it's because of the clutter but I've been feeling very much like, well, I'm shooting blanks, so to speak, and that nothing really seems to be hitting any kind of a mark. So to get this as a gift in this new year would be nice.

Thanks! Happy New Year!

BelovedK

obeygravity said:
If you're still doing these, I'd love one!
Yes, me too.

ETA, I saw your edit. Maybe I'll catch you next time! :)

BelovedK

OK, my numbers are 11, and 44....

Thank you xoxo

BodhiSeed

BelovedK said:
OK, my numbers are 11, and 44....

Thank you xoxo
Your challenge for 2011:
"How much pleasure and joy do we unknowingly block out of our life with our carefully built personal weapons of mass deflection?"
~ Sharyn/Quirkeries
You've got some folks in your life who know how to push your buttons and delight in doing so. This might be at work, at school, a group, or family. Regardless, even Superwoman wouldn't be able to keep her cool forever. Your challenge for the new year is going to be in finding a way to deflect their constant barrage - it may involve a way for you to unwind and destress, or it may mean removing yourself physically from these folk's circle.

Your gift for 2011:
Reindeer : Doorways, Opportunities, Possibilities
"The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live."
~ Flora Whittemore
In Western culture, we usually see reindeer as Santa's helpers, but in other cultures they are seen as guides to the Otherworld, leading the soul through doorways to new worlds. Your gift of the new year will be in recognizing the many new opportunities and doorways that will open to you. Looks like it's time to get out of your comfort zone and have an adventure or two, so hop on the back of that reindeer and ride off into the stars!:)

BelovedK

bodhran said:
Your challenge for 2011:
"How much pleasure and joy do we unknowingly block out of our life with our carefully built personal weapons of mass deflection?"
~ Sharyn/Quirkeries
You've got some folks in your life who know how to push your buttons and delight in doing so. This might be at work, at school, a group, or family. Regardless, even Superwoman wouldn't be able to keep her cool forever. Your challenge for the new year is going to be in finding a way to deflect their constant barrage - it may involve a way for you to unwind and destress, or it may mean removing yourself physically from these folk's circle.

Your gift for 2011:
Reindeer : Doorways, Opportunities, Possibilities
"The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live."
~ Flora Whittemore
In Western culture, we usually see reindeer as Santa's helpers, but in other cultures they are seen as guides to the Otherworld, leading the soul through doorways to new worlds. Your gift of the new year will be in recognizing the many new opportunities and doorways that will open to you. Looks like it's time to get out of your comfort zone and have an adventure or two, so hop on the back of that reindeer and ride off into the stars!:)

Wow, the challenges part is pretty accurate. First of all, my husband has been (tends to get) grumpy when he is stressed, though he is getting more aware of it. I have a friend who I am also having issue with, and am trying to decide how to proceed with her. I am not planning on leaving my husband, but have been considering leaving the friendship, or at least reframing it.

One of the many messages i have gotten this year is that there are many opportunities out there now, and I have to get out of my comfort zone, and out of my own way. i am so excited and can't wait to see how it plays out!!

xo