The Dreams Of Gaia Tarot

desertrat

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to let you all know that now final work has completed on the Messenger Oracle (formerly the Wisdoms of Gaia Oracle) I have now recommenced work on the tarot. As mentioned, I am really quite slack at keeping my website up to date, so if you are interested in watching the deck as it progresses you can do so over at my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/micheleleephelan I am currently painting one to two new artworks every week in order to meet my deadline :)

Again, thank you for the kind words.

Thank you for the update, Michele-lee. I am quite taken with your artwork - it's just stunning -and I am waiting with bated breath for the release of both your Messanger Oracle and the Dreams of Gaia tarot. :heart:

Ivy Rhiannon

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to let you all know that now final work has completed on the Messenger Oracle (formerly the Wisdoms of Gaia Oracle) I have now recommenced work on the tarot. As mentioned, I am really quite slack at keeping my website up to date, so if you are interested in watching the deck as it progresses you can do so over at my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/micheleleephelan I am currently painting one to two new artworks every week in order to meet my deadline :)

Again, thank you for the kind words.

Woot I love this deck and the oracle too! I can't wait for both of them, the imagery is stunning!

Aivli

Updates on this Deck?

Hello,

I wanted to bump this thread and see if there are any updates regarding the completion and publication of this deck.

Ravynne's website says this deck was scheduled to be released in late 2012, but I cannot find it for sale anywhere (Amazon, US Games, eBay, the Dreams of Gaia website, etc.).

Does anyone have this deck yet, or any information about when this deck will be available?

Thank you!

Serenia

You can see her work progress on her Facebook page. I seem to remember that she wrote somewhere that she got delayed for some reason and that the release date is not 2012 anymore, but I can't find that information right now.

Aivli

You can see her work progress on her Facebook page. I seem to remember that she wrote somewhere that she got delayed for some reason and that the release date is not 2012 anymore, but I can't find that information right now.

Thanks for the link, Serenia!! I will be keeping an eye on this deck for sure!

dreamsofgaia

Just came across this thread and wanted to let those interested in the tarot know what is happening. Unfortunately, after working myself to exhaustion last year, it came to light that the depression I have lived with for the last thirty years is actually a mild form of Bipolar. My collapse came after several months of mania where my life became all work, no relaxation, and very little sleep. It was an amazing creative whirlwind that saw me completing a good chunk of the tarot as well as writing and illustrating the Messenger Oracle, but I became ill due to exhaustion and neglect as a result.

I've always been a very creative and productive person. I am happiest with a paintbrush in my hand, but over the last year, I have had to learn to live and work to a more healthy and structured routine that involves sleeping and taking time out to relax. It's been a very challenging lesson for me to learn how to not be doing something all of the time. But after taking time out to first recover, and then restructure my life and work habits so that I work at a slower, healthier pace, I am almost 100% recovered and back to work on the deck full-time.

The major arcana is finished, and the minor arcana is two-thirds complete.

When will it be finished? Well, I have learned the hard way to no longer set 'deadlines' on this project. So all I can promise is that I am working on it with the utmost dedication and that if the steady progress I have been making continues, then I will have the deck ready for my publishers by the end of the year for release as soon as they can in 2014.

If anyone is interested in keeping up to date as to the progress of the deck I post every card that is completed on my facebook page. Serenia kindly posted the link to it above.

Serenia

Aww, thank you for posting! Please take care of yourself, that's the most important thing! :* We'll be happy when the deck is finished and available, but take your time! :love:

Celtictarot

I agree, sometimes the body has to be quite severe in its actions as if to say, "oi! I need some rest, I did try and ask you nicely but you didn't listen." If your gorgeous artwork is going on this deck, I would rather have wonderful art and not a burnt out artist. ♥

Take care hun.

dreamsofgaia

Thank you, Celtictarot and Serenia,

Yes, the body can be quite clear when there is a lack that needs to be addressed. I have been re-learning how to listen to body instead of mind as I have come to see that the body often knows better than the mind does. *laughs* The mind thinks it knows, but the body -does- know.

I have to admit that I am actually glad that everything happened as it did last year. It was like the reset button was hit, and my doctor agrees. It was an opportunity to make great big changes that forced me to take stock and determine what it is that is truly important to me and focus on that. Besides my health and family, doing what I do is right up there, but I had to understand that I want to be doing this for a long time, not just a few years.

I now live by the wisdom of the turtle from that old fable of the Hare and Turtle ... 'Slow and steady wins the race!' ... and indeed it does. Because I am taking things more slowly, I am creating to a whole new level now. This deck is now even better because of the depth of life experience and understanding and love behind it.

TripleAir

Is there any projected date at this point? I see the last entry here was 2 years ago and the last blog post on the website was almost one year ago. I've scrolled down the Facebook page until my fingers were numb but I only see Oracle stuff, sales, and give-aways. No news on the Tarot deck. If anyone knows anything, or if you're still following this thread, Ravynne, I would love to find out what's happening. Hope you are doing alright.