Pendulums...Have a few questions.

cj

Hi all,

I borrowed a friends pendulum and it seems to work for me. It answered yes and no questions, and I had my friend hide my ring, drew a diagram of the house and it was able to tell me what room it was in.

How does it work..I am a skeptic at times..I know it moved, but was it my energy and what I wanted to hear that made it move or is it all knowing like I was told..

I use the ouiji board at times and at least once am positive what it said was coming from my mind. Learned to take what it says with a grain of salt. Should I do the same with the pendulum.

cj

faunabay

I use the ouiji board at times and at least once am positive what it said was coming from my mind. Learned to take what it says with a grain of salt. Should I do the same with the pendulum.
cj

I think you should take any type of divination with a little grain of salt. What if you're not interpreting it correctly and you change something major?
With that said, I can't use a pendulum. I can make it change at will. The only way I can get any type of semi-unbiased results is if I can't see what I'm divining. For example if I'm trying to choose between multiple things I write them on pieces of paper and fold them into same size squares, the ask.
I know a couple of people who are wonderful with the pendulum. So like with anything - go with what works for you. :)

blue

I've had impressive experiences with pendulums, very much like what you discribed but I've also had them tell me complete cr*p. I think, in my case, the trick is to maintain a neutral mental attitude otherwise the pendulum seems to tell me what I want to hear.

Why do they work? Well, I've given that question a lot of thought...and it always give me a headache.

bec

Hi cj,
I use pendulums for exercising NLP.
How does it work? I hold the pendulum real steady and empty the head for any thourght, then start to think loud " circle left" and the pendulum circles left within very few secs - the " stop" and it stops, then "circle right" or "make a straight line from 12 0 ´clock till 6" and it acts on my thourghts almost instantly (have been doing this for several years).
The explanation for why it works according to my NLP books, is that the brain transmits tiny electrical impulses through the body and to the fingertips, leading the pendulum to do what it´s told to do.

I have also tried to work with it, to find things - I can´t do it. I search with my mind making the pendulum go around like crazy ;D

I think we all tend to choose what remedie opens our minds the best - some use pendulums, others runes,tarot,cards,oracles and so on.

tarotbear

O.K. - so now tell us what 'NLP' stands for.

bec

NLP stands for "Neuro Linguistic Programming" - basicly it´s about how to program your mind/brain positively to be succesful.

Maybe I should start a thread on this issue ?

jade

i only use pendulums to help me find stuff like the remote for the tv.

otherwise, i find that it lies!

but that's just my experience.

love and light,
jade

tarotbear

Sure, bec- start a thread - it could be interesting.

I always found I could control a pendulum at will, from when I was a little boy.

cj

tarotbear (01 Dec, 2001 04:06):
Sure, bec- start a thread - it could be interesting.

I always found I could control a pendulum at will, from when I was a little boy.

Tarotbear,

I can get it to say yes or no and do little circles for me..but what blows my mind is it thinks indipendently (or does it)..Like when we went through the US Games catalog and it picked out decks I would never have considered (it likes to shop, just like me...HEEHEE)

Besides, Some of us have always had IT..the rest of us (like me) are just learning...

cj

purplelady

cj, what decks did your pendulum buy?! ^_^ ?