Volvo Tarot Advert

Pen

I've seen it and thought at the time that people will want this deck - if there is a complete one, which I doubt. But supply and demand being what it is, there may be one soonish.

I think also that tarot and tarot-type oracles will become more mainstream thanks to adverts like this and the perfume promotion. Where one leads, another follows - there'll be more, and tarot will become normal and acceptable to the majority. Perhaps.

Pen

Le Fanu

I like that! Of course advertisers will try anything that they perceive as "novelty" to sell stuff.

I have always thought it amazing that tarot cards in a "we know what future tendencies will be" kind of thing, haven't been used more.

That deck looks a bit Psycards-y, don't you think?

Thanks for posting

Pen

Le Fanu said:
That deck looks a bit Psycards-y, don't you think?

Thanks for posting

As in 'they might actually be Psycards'? I've never paid too much attention to those - up till now...:)

If they are, the advert might sell more decks of Psycards than Volvos...

Pen

Le Fanu

The bold colours and symbols, like a Snake. They don't actually look like the Pyscards (i.e, they wouldn't be mistaken for Psycards) but that kind of Oracle.

strings of life

Ooh, thanks for sharing! I love that the cards (Oracle I agree) are a large part of the commercial and are meant to be noticed and the symbolism is part of the message.

Aerin

Yes! I saw that and was wondering what the deck was, I hadn't got around to investigating it further.

gregory

Some of them look a bit like Alan le Fol's work....