dream of leaking ceiling

BrightEye

I dreamt I was a student again - or maybe I was just living like a student but wasn't studying anymore. Anyway I lived in a huge student dorm and shared a room with another girl. I can't quite remember what happens, but I was talking to a girl about a book or something when I noticed that the ceiling just above my bed was leaking water quite heavily. It was all over my books and papers, so I moved them and went to alert someone. Outside I found that the ceiling leaked in other parts as well.

It took a long time before I found someone who felt responsible. The building was like a maze and I nearly lost my way. The person I found said there was nothing to be done as it was the weekend, but I protested and said that the leak was quite bad and I couldn't use my bed. But then I thought that I could always go home to my parents until everything was sorted out, and that thought calmed me.

When we got to my room, the leak had nearly stopped.

It was a strange dream. Part of me feels that I have outgrown some structures in my life and the dream reflected that, but I'm not sure what to make of the leak. Maybe my fear of emotions leaking out of me?

celticnoodle

BrightEye said:
I dreamt I was a student again - or maybe I was just living like a student but wasn't studying anymore. Anyway I lived in a huge student dorm and shared a room with another girl. I can't quite remember what happens, but I was talking to a girl about a book or something when I noticed that the ceiling just above my bed was leaking water quite heavily. It was all over my books and papers, so I moved them and went to alert someone. Outside I found that the ceiling leaked in other parts as well.
being a student suggests that you need to learn something important, as you move forward in life. the leaking water indicates that something is causing you distress or loss. It can indicate something you said in confidence to another is being 'leaked' out.

It took a long time before I found someone who felt responsible. The building was like a maze and I nearly lost my way. The person I found said there was nothing to be done as it was the weekend, but I protested and said that the leak was quite bad and I couldn't use my bed. But then I thought that I could always go home to my parents until everything was sorted out, and that thought calmed me.
the maze can indicate that you confused about this. My thoughts are that you are trying to work out why the person in question 'leaked' out the information you gave in confidence. With you protesting in the dream, indicates that in life you are going to be speaking up for yourself and take action. I believe that going back to your parents here suggests you are going to look for a safe and secure area till all this does get sorted out.

When we got to my room, the leak had nearly stopped.

It was a strange dream. Part of me feels that I have outgrown some structures in my life and the dream reflected that, but I'm not sure what to make of the leak. Maybe my fear of emotions leaking out of me?
no not your fear of emotions leaking out of yourself, I don't think- but rather something being leaked that you shared with another. though, perhaps you are correct. I believe your line "when we got to my room the leak narly stopped" would say that it is something from the recent path and perhaps you should start looking there for answers.

BrightEye

There's no confidential information that I fear will get into he wrong hands. But I agree with the rest of your interpretation. It makes a lot of sense. Emotions have been leaking out between me and another. It was surprising, but I didn't experience it as negative. Quite the opposite actually.

Hephasteus

Bed is symbol for intimate self. Ceiling is symbol for mental perspective.
Book is symbol for intellect or just thoughts.

Dream seems to be saying that you are trying to come to some mental perspective but you keep getting other mental perspectives leaked all over you. Like you are talking to the girl and trying to approach it intellect to intellect but you have some idea that these thoughts come from some "source" other than you two. So that gives you the idea to look for the source in the maze.

Let's take an example. During world war II the president started flashing a V with his fingers for victory. This set off a meme craze of people flashing a v sign in pictures. These pictures make it back to japan. They don't know what this v sign thing is. But they meme it also after the war. Still not having a reference to what this v flashing means they think it's just a cultural fad of making hand signs and gestures. So they start making all kinds of hand signs and gestures in pictures. Other asian cultures pick it up and it eventually turns into an elaborate making several kinds of hand sign in pictures ritual. One of them ends up being making bunny ears with fingers. This turns into an uuma uuma meme after anonomous or /b/ makes a flash video of it to a hokey little swedish disco song.

You see the maze and flow of ideology with various levels of understanding and intent. This is why it's so impossible to discover your intimate self in reguards to intellect because so much of intellect occurs without much understanding or root tracing.

But in your dream you seem to "know" who to go to. You trace them through the maze and it probably turns out to be whoever or whatever sent this dream as being the 'leak'. It seems like to me you go to them and tell them to turn off the leakage and they do turn it down and you go back to your "parents" or ancestors as a source.

So why not enjoy an uuma uuma and ask your ancestors what they think about it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JztHcRv1OLg