Deer

mingbop

What does it mean to see deer ?

mza

This is a spontaneous guess i couldnt resist . It mean mind how you go in case u come to some harm like the deer caught in the headlights. Or you might be caught while being mischievous. But no the deer is Bambie isn't it? So its innocent so maybe its just mind how you go and be watchful of people who may shock the hell out of you when you least expect it.

celticnoodle

I started to be smart and post something that i thought was funny here, ming, in reply to your question. but, I was afraid i'd upset people.

so, I decided not to attempt anything humorous. To see a deer is symbolic of having fairies about. The Celts believed that the deer would lead the fairies safely through the forest. The Celts would also watch the deer to find the best herbs for medicinal purposes.

Now, dreaming of deer can be a way for us to find just what is within our own souls. deer leads us into deep spiritual knowledge.

Deer are also associated with the dawn, and the moon and eastern directions. If you wish to ask for a favor of the universe, invoke the deer for help. it is said that if you stand in the eastern direction at dawn or when the moon is high in the sky, it will provide positive energy for your wish to come true.

DownwardSpiral

mzansi-afrika said:
This is a spontaneous guess i couldnt resist . It mean mind how you go in case u come to some harm like the deer caught in the headlights. Or you might be caught while being mischievous. But no the deer is Bambie isn't it? So its innocent so maybe its just mind how you go and be watchful of people who may shock the hell out of you when you least expect it.

Funny you would write this.......two summers ago my then boyfriend and I were riding bikes on a path that runs through the forest preserve. We saw first one deer and then a short time later another deer.

On the way back my boyfriend was goofing around and his front tire hit my back tire. Needless to say we both fell off the bikes and had some nasty scrapes on our arms and legs.

Caedryn

Here is some information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deer_Woman http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deer_in_mythology

One summer, my wife and I were walking through the flower garden of our city's main park. It was dusk when we came by the daisy section of the garden. I looked to my right and there was a Doe with two fawns beside her. The Doe looked up at us, and she had a daisy in her mouth. Mom and kids were eating the daisies! Immediately after that, a swarm of blackbirds flew over our heads, so close that we could hear the sound of their wings slicing through the air. That Doe sure looked cute with the daisy sticking out of her mouth :)

I do not recall the above meaning anything at the time or after though. From what I recall, nothing out of the ordinary took place afterwards. Sometimes a deer is a deer and blackbirds are blackbirds.

~ C

mingbop

Well I was in the car and felt I HAD to look left. Did that and there were 2 deer in a field beside the forest. So it was meant for me to see them. If it means anything then I dare say I'll find out soon ! Thanks :)