"Aisselle's Spiritual Tarot Insights" Discussion Thread

Pen

aurarcana said:
I created a category on the blog called "grand ellessia tarot" so that people (or you) can post blog entries about the cards. That's really how it should be done so that the posts appear on the blog. Just assign the category "grand ellessia tarot" to each post :).

Perhaps the card creators should be the ones to write about their creations (in a slightly loopy way as Aisselle of course). Then they can post on the blog and post images to flickr at the same time.

But I can post card image and text on the blog if the post is sent to me via PM - what think you all?

Pen

gregory

As I just said on the cards thread:

me said:
if we don't want to be a) over the blog size limit and b) overwhelmed by cards on the flickr - she can have ANOTHER flickr site for the cards, and a link with the description on the cards page ? then maybe thumbnails on the cards page - thought 78 woudl be a lot of space ! - unless actual hotlinks would show the cards (goes off to test that one...) ?

What think we ? Pen will need all our cards at 300 dpi - so people would have to send them to her anyway...]

ETA hotlinks work. SO.... That's that solved.

Pen

Gregory, I've sent you a PM re. hotlinks...

Pen

Pen

gregory said:
As I just said on the cards thread:

What think we ? Pen will need all our cards at 300 dpi - so people would have to send them to her anyway...]

Panicking about this. As you know my computer is quite full already.

I thought perhaps we could open an account at Gamecrafter when we're ready. If all contributors had the login and password, each could upload their own cards. One has to publish within 5 days of uploading as I understand it, so it would all have to be co-ordinated carefully.

Pen

strings of life

goldenweb said:
Perhaps the card creators should be the ones to write about their creations (in a slightly loopy way as Aisselle of course). Then they can post on the blog and post images to flickr at the same time.

But I can post card image and text on the blog if the post is sent to me via PM - what think you all?

Pen
Well, someone will need to give all of the card creators log-in details for the blog, otherwise they won't be able to post on it. That's alright with me (and you can give the log-in details out to those folks if I don't), but they will need to be aware that they will need to post the cards on the blog. If that's the case, this should be made obvious on page 1 of the collaborative deck post.

Another idea: create an Album for the deck on flickr. I'm pretty sure I can get embed code for the entire album (as opposed to just a static photo), although I am not positive. I can look into it this weekend. The free flickr account limits you to the amount of albums you can share, so only create one for the deck and just add the other photos/images in the main account.

gregory

aura - did you already set up an album ? That WOULD explain why I couldn't use the name.... But that sounds ideal, to have one just for the deck and hotlink to the mini pix. (It works, I tried it earlier.) If you already did one I will delete mine. I'm not giving everyone access to it as I had to use a GENUINE email address !

And I will store pix, Pen; I have LOADS of space.

strings of life

gregory said:
aura - did you already set up an album ? That WOULD explain why I couldn't use the name.... But that sounds ideal, to have one just for the deck and hotlink to the mini pix. (It works, I tried it earlier.) If you already did one I will delete mine. I'm not giving everyone access to it as I had to use a GENUINE email address !

And I will store pix, Pen; I have LOADS of space.
No, I haven't done anything.

gregory

Well, SOMEONE apparently has a flickr account called Grand Ellessia Tarot....

That is very weird. She really IS materialising.... *cue Tales of the Unexpected music.... :eek:

SO - OURS is called Grand Ellessia Tarot Cards, OK ? ;)

Pen

Perhaps it was set up as storage by someone who intends to create as many cards as allowed once we release limits - if we do, that is...:)

Not me though...

Pen