Pendulums vs. Ouija Boards

Alissa

I adore working with my pendulum. It can now tell me yes, no, yes ... but, no ... but, and uncertain/unknown.

Oujia board games I played in the past as a young teen mostly. I had freaky experiences, I closed that door.

And after closing that door, I moved to a better neighborhood ... palmistry, tarot cards, pendulums.

Different tools work differently for people.

buzzbee

Come to think of it, besides yes/no, I've even used the pendulum to help me decide what color to paint my livingroom by holding it over those commercial paint sample color cards.

And then you can write down lists of things to choose from - get creative - & hold the pendulum over each choice & seek a go or no-go response.

I used this to design my garden & help select the plants to use & where to place them. Some plants I didn't know if they were full sun or shade-lovers. The pendulum knew & the garden grew.

Want to know if an ingredient can be used as a substitute in a recipe (or a spell :)) before giving it the acid test? Use the pendulum.

Yea, it's got lots of uses.

Sayonaran

pendulums vs ouija boards

How can you compare a pendulum to an Ouija board? I'm confused by that already.

I do use a pendulum to help make decisions, but most of the time, it's to help me find lost items (and this happens a lot). The last time I've used it was to look for a tarot deck for a cousin of mine. Even though it was a used dragon deck of some sort, it was still a good deck for him.

Now onto the boards... All these horror stories I hear are always by the ones made by Parker Bros. (Is there some connection to this or what?) I found a board similar to the one by Parker, but it's more than numbers and letters (and hello/goodbye/yes/no). Other than that, it's got element listings, zodiac signs (western), common words and maybe more than that...

Aside from that, since I work with spirits all the time, I have to use one of these things, and I've never had any problems with it. Maybe the horror stories come from inexpirenced users or curious people who don't understand how such a powerful item works...

Little Baron

I have a 'kind of' pendulum. It is a chain and a large crystal that was given to me. I have used it to hover over the cards and help me pick one if I feel it is pulling me to it, but I havn't done that in a while. Does anybody have any good links about pendulum work with the tarot?

Yaboot

Trogon

Actually, I don't feel that a pendulum and a ouija board are in the same class at all. The pendulum is, to my mind anyway, a tool for focusing your own abilities and sensativities. The ouija, as stated several times in this and other threads, is primarily a tool for contacting other entities outside yourself.

I've used ouija boards a few times with mixed results. Fortunately I've never had any terribly frightening experiences with one. Though one time a couple of friends of mine and I were using one (many, many years ago) and the letters seemed to spell out giberish... until someone pointed out that it appeared to be a foreign language. I'm sorry to say that what the message was is lost in the dusty archives of my mind, I seem to recall the language being French though. As far as any of us knew, none of us could speak French.

As for pendulums, I've used them a lot for many different purposes. I've used them for the usual yes/know/uncertain answers to questions. I've used them for finding placer gold deposits. I've used them for picking out which crystal, from several which attracted me, would be the "strongest" one for me. And, most recently, I used a pendulum to help me with picking out a quartz sphere for scrying.

Like Buzzbee, I have made my own pendulums, but I have also purchased them. I currently own three different ones; one is a Swarovski crystal on a chain, one is a rutilated quartz I wear around my neck, the third is one I made out of an shed elk antler (I also wear this with the rutilated quartz one). When I want to use either of the two I wear (wear them most of the time), I untie the cord I wear them on and clip them to a light chain I carry with me for this purpose. It works for me... ;)

HudsonGray

Well, there are 4 main divination forms the general public knows about:

Tarot
Runes
Pendulum
Ouiji

I'd add in oracle cards & a bunch of other divination forms, personally, but for the general public it usually breaks down to the 4 above. I just figured Tarotbear wanted to tackle non-tarot & maybe forgot about or doesn't use runes? Hence lumping the last 2 together. Did anyone ask him?

zorya

tarotbear's post was written in aug. of 2001. my thoughts were that he saw them both as divination methods that could be moved by the person using them, even if they weren't aware of doing so.

(hg, i would have thought astrology, palm reading and crystal balls would be up there before runes ;) )

Macavity

Somewhat irreverantly I began to think of some possibilities for combining divinatory systems:

Ouija + Tarot = Oui-jiT (Irish humour?) A widget?
Pendulum + Runes = Prunes (naturally enough!)
Astrology + Tarot = Astaroids? (sic)

It's certainly true that, as a "civilian" I hadn't really heared of Runes being used as a divinatory system - just as an alphabet. ;)

Macavity

Alissa

or ...
Palmarot = Palmistry + Tarot ;)

SongDeva

Re: I actually like my "talking board"

cjtarot said:
Hi,

ALWAYS protect yourself and the person you are using it with. I cast a protection circle, ask that only my guides control the board.
ALWAYS PROTECT YOURSELF WHEN DOING DIVINATION..EVEN TAROT....

Blessings and a prayer for strong protection to you all.

CJ

Sound advice. And if you're asking how to protect yourself, you've got some work to do b4 you get started! :)
Thanks, CJTarot, from one New Englander to another.