songs for the journey home

wld_flwr

hi all!
i would really love to own a deck of the round tarot cards created by Dwariko Von Sommaruga from NZ titled "songs for the journey home". i know the artist has passed. i can no longer enter their NZ website, but when i could, it seemed that the decks were on back order or not available everytime i checked.
can anyone help me? i see a lot of people have reviewed the deck, and i would even be interested in purchasing a used deck or any other merchandise from this deck (they produced matching boxes and silk bags, etc.)

Altena

As you know this deck is out of print and quite hard to find. Your best bet is probably checking out Ebay and the Amazon marketplace on a regular basis. When I go searching for a rare deck I'll often google it as I occasionally stumble across places where they sell second-hand copies that way(or even current Ebay auctions).

I recently came across my copy and it was entirely by chance. It was sold by a marketplace seller over at the UK branch of Amazon. It was even listed as "shipping within the UK only", but I contacted the seller and she was more than happy to amend the listing so I could buy it. I got it for an amazing price and it even came with the book(signed by both) and an accompanying bookmark.

The bottomline is: keep your eyes peeled online and there's a great chance you'll get lucky. I've come across a lot of OOP decks that I've been drooling over for years this way.

There's also a trading forum here on AT. With some patience you'll be able to find quite a few rare decks there, but you're required to subscribe in order to access that part of the forum.

There is a member here, baylys, who might be able to get a hold of some copies, no guarantees though. You could always try sending her a message :)

wld_flwr

thx altena

thx for the tips altena. i've been searching regularly for almost a year now. i've found offers for the book, but never a deck. i see lots of people say they have a collection of decks, but i feel like there's only one that i want, and every time i start to buy another deck just to have one...it doesn't feel right and i don't buy.
i'm not sure how to look at the ebay and google from other countries, but i'm going to go now and try to figure it out.
thx again! keep me in mind if you ever come across a deck of these. thx!!!

LavenderLibra

Welcome to the forum, wld_flwr. So glad to have you here, & so happy to see another tarot person from Tennessee! (It's lonely out here!)

Good luck with the search for Songs for the Journey home. This was one I was interested in, when I first joined the forum a couple of years ago...but postponed, missed out on a group buy, & never dreamed of the loss of one of the creators, & the deck being OOP now.

Speaking of joining, I hope you'll go to the New Members section, & introduce yourself. :) When I first joined, I found LOTS of decks to start my collection with in the Trading forum...although now it falls under the few sections that is for Subscribers only, which I hope you'll consider, too.

Altena

wld_flwr said:
thx for the tips altena. i've been searching regularly for almost a year now. i've found offers for the book, but never a deck. i see lots of people say they have a collection of decks, but i feel like there's only one that i want, and every time i start to buy another deck just to have one...it doesn't feel right and i don't buy.
i'm not sure how to look at the ebay and google from other countries, but i'm going to go now and try to figure it out.
thx again! keep me in mind if you ever come across a deck of these. thx!!!

The deck and book set that I got only cost me £50 + shipping and that was less than a month ago. Actually the deck was never on my wishlist until right before I bought it, now I wouldn't part with it for the world.

You're lucky to have found that one special deck for you even if it's hard to come by. I've never been so lucky with any of mine. There are a few that are dearer to my heart than others, but I'll probably never be a one-deck-only type of person :p

I do know what it feels like to have one particular deck on the wishlist though, more often than not those that are out of print and hard to find. It took me four years to track down a copy of the 1st edition Buckland Romani(that said I didn't really search for it on a regular basis until a year or so before I got one).

Last year I was completely obsessed with the elusive Ironwing Tarot to the point where I visualized myself holding the deck in my hands on a daily basis. I spent two months pining for it until some kind soul took pity on me and let me buy hers. If there's one thing I believe in, it's that if a deck is meant to be yours it will find a way to you(often in miraculous ways).

If you do a search on Ebay, make sure to check the "Worldwide" option so that you'll have a greater chance of finding one. For a search on Google just type in "buy songs for the journey home tarot" or something to that extent. That often helps me finding decks in the most incredible places.

Oh, and welcome to the forum :D I'll let you know if I find anything of interest...

wld_flwr

thx ya'll

i appreciate the well wishes in my search for this deck. keep your ears open for me...
lavender, what part of tn? i'm in the west, near memphis.
altena, when you say that you wouldn't part with your deck of 'songs for the journey home' "for the world"...how concrete is that? lol. is there flexibility in there?

Lifeisabutterfly

Oye vey! I just saw this deck for sale on Amazon for $818!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I read somewhere that sadly one of the people who created the deck died but there seems to be a crate full of these cards in the person's estate which needs to be sorted out and sold....
This is one of the most beautiful and heartfelt decks ever and I've been trying to get one since 2009....

AJ

I spoke via email to a family member of Dwarikos. There are a number of cases of decks left, but the rest of her family lives in the UK and Dwariko was in NZ. At some point I'm sure someone will figure out how to get those decks on the market.

So think about how red your face would be for paying 800.00 for a deck when they show up standard priced :) It is a deck in my top twenty but like all the rest of the thousands available it is just a deck... please don't spend the grocery money on it.