Dreamed about getting bit by green snake

Faithfully29

Last night i had a vivid dream about getting bit by a green snake on my right index finger. At first he was in the living room then he went in my bedroom under my bed and my two dogs were trying to get to him then he crawled out and came towards me that is when i grabbed him and when he first bit me. While i was trying to pry his mouth open i could seen his 2 white fangs and the teeth marks he left then he bit my left index finger but only one teeth mark. I could feel the pain and pressure of the bites but there was no blood. I remember thinking i hope he's not venemous and i was waiting to see if i would feel effects of venom but i didn't. I finally grabbed him by the head and stuffed him in a clear plastic bag and placed him outside my front door then he turned brown and appeared smaller and was trying to get out the bag. Any ideas what this dream could mean? I've researched online but there are so many interpretations.

Nevada

I consider snake dreams to be powerful.

But the question is what does a green snake mean to you? There are a lot of interpretations of snakes in myth and dreams, sometimes as very powerful images, for either spiritual or personal growth.

To me a green snake might represent the power of Nature, but to you what does it mean? I think that's the question you have to answer.

Here are some interesting starting points though:
http://www.scootermydaisyheads.com/fine_art/symbol_dictionary/snake.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouroboros
http://www.mythsdreamssymbols.com/dssnake.html
http://dreamsnightmares.com/snakes.html

There are also some writings (transcribed lectures) on animal imagery in fairy tales, myths and dreams by Jungian analyst Barbara Hannah. They might be worth a look if you can find them in your library. The title I have is "The Archetypal Symbolism of Animals" Barbara Hannah ISBN 1-888602-33-3. There's a whole section on serpent/snake symbolism that I've found helpful.

Faithfully29

Thanks Nevada

I will look into those. As far as the green snake. The first thing that came to me was money and good luck. I almost won $200,000 on the powerball Sat night. I was so close! It irritated me that i could of won. But then again i've heard how snake represents an enemy out to harm you. Or deceit, lies and betrayal. I have no enemies. The only person who would hate me is my fiance's ex wife. She doesn't know me or know anything about me but she is jealous of me, him and our happy relationship. She is miserable, unhappy and a drama queen. My fiance said she is the devil and if she had one minute of my time to talk to me she would turn me against him. She is a good talker, manipulator, and liar...good at making people believe anything she wants them to and so they will take her side. She has done this to him in court and with family and friends. Someone suggested maybe the green snake could represent the jealous ex and that i may have fears or worries about her interferring in our relationship but in the dream i defeated the snake so perhaps she will try but not succeed. Or it could mean me grabbing a hold of my jealous tendencies and defeating them. I think i am going thru healing right now, alot of old feelings have come to surface from my past abusive relationship and i seem to have some insecurity issues. I find myself worrying if my fiance will do what my ex did to me...abuse, lies, deceit, betrayal etc.

After reading one of your links this makes sense. I have been struggling with my emotions from past abusive relationship and how to heal/overcome it. I thought i was completely healed when i took time off to be single but i guess not. My fiance was also in a abusive relationship with his ex-wife. It has been a challenge. I've been told and received guidance that this new relationship will teach me alot as well as my fiance and that it will be hard work. But what relationship isn't hard work.
"In many dreams a single snake will come to bite you, and you may in fact be bitten after a brief struggle. To your amazement though, you will not die, and may find that the situation is not as bad as you thought." According to Holloway you have this kind of dream if you are struggling with some problem, relationship or challenge. "Such a snake-ordeal is an important signal that you are going through a kind of initiation; a psychological and spiritual trial that has the potential to change your life for the better if you deal with it bravely and with a clear heart. You may have to give up something you thought you couldn't, or take a stand for your principles or faith."

So I just talked to my best friend and she said her mother told her that a snake coming towards you means money is coming to you and if it bites you on the index finger it means someone is madly in love with you. That would have to be my fiance who also announced it on national tv. (HBO) Me trying to pry snake off means i am trying to fight my feelings for him because afraid of getting hurt (again past insecurity issues). He often says i forget how much he loves me. But he bites me again to let me know he is truely in love with me and letting me know that he is not going anywhere. As far as putting snake in plastic bag and outside front door, not sure what that is. Thought that was interesting and would share it. I'm sure i will eventually figure this out.

re-pete-a

Try thinking along the lines of your jealousy and not being able to fully let go.

Under the bed could be a key, as well as your dogs warning and protective antics.

Putting it outside is also a key, perhaps to freeing yourself of those influences.

Rovay

Erm... A friend said you should stop fearing women.

On the serious note, when I think about it, it makes sense that the snake may represent a woman. Including the part where you try to stuff it into something instead of choppin' it right off. Think about it from that point of view - what would it signify, if the snake meant a woman?