Book For Unillustrated Pips?

Kerri

Hey,

Does anyone know of a book that talks about how to read unillustrated pips? Most books I've come across focus on the RWS, but I would really like to learn to read with just the symbols.

best,
Kerri

cardlady22

I forgot to mention that you can choose Thread Tools and select the Show Printable Version to get a hard copy.

Melanchollic

Hi Kerri,

A lot of the background that the "Ol' Fashioned" is built on was being discussed in other threads at the time I started the "Ol' Fashioned" thread. If it all seems too 'cryptic', start from page 23, post #222. There, I go back and cover the basics of the system's 'logic' in a series of posts titled "Why Mel, Why?".

FernandoArath

I found "The Way of Tarot" by Alejandro Jodorowsky a great resource to divine pips in the Marseille deck. He does not necessarily attach any other system like astrology or numerology. He advises to look at the entire suit and look at how the symbols are arranged in each card to get the meaning.

I also enjoyed "Tarot Wisdom" by Rachel Pollack, although not a guide to unillustrated pip cards, she discusses the images and compares them to the RSW symbology.