The Tarot: a Quantum Synchronistic Messaging System by David Deyo

Richard

Mabuse said:
I'm curious as the the thoughts of other forum members on this 2 part video series.....
There's nothing new here. The application of quantum theory to a divinatory system is pseudoscience, Schrödinger's mythical cat notwithstanding.

graspee

I feel dirty and wrong to just judge it by the title, but .... what a title...

Richard

graspee said:
I feel dirty and wrong to just judge it by the title, but .... what a title...
It is a pompous title. I watched the videos. A waste of time. I doubt there's anything there that you don't already know.

EoMg

LRichard said:
There's nothing new here. The application of quantum theory to a divinatory system is pseudoscience, Schrödinger's mythical cat notwithstanding.

Could you give more info (or point to links/resources) for more about this? I'd like to hear the actual thinking behind the assertion.

EoMg

Hi there,

I'm not sure what that site has to do with my question. You made the assertion, "The application of quantum theory to a divinatory system is pseudoscience" and I'd like to understand the thinking or perspective behind that assertion.

Richard

Quantum theory describes nothing other than the behavior of fundamental particles. If anyone wishes to generalize the mathematical model to other systems, they should feel free to do so, but then it is no longer quantum theory, and there will be no scientific basis for its validity. Please, let's not get into semantics. This is off topic enough as it is. I've had my hand slapped more than once by moderators for OT offenses. This is my final post on this thread.

EoMg

LOL ok... makes your original post feel like a hit and run to me, but as you like it.

Anyway, I skimmed through the first video. I can see how some people would be put off by the presentation. I liked his idea to calculate the number of possible celtic cross spreads and how huge it was... I wonder how many people here already knew that? Is it common knowledge in tarot circles?

Richard

Even with only a 22 card majors deck there are approximately 2,346,549,004,800 different Celtic Cross spreads. 2.346 trillion is a lot of spreads, but it is only about 1/7 of the dollar amount of the US national debt. :) I don't know how well all this numerical stuff is known.