Does anyone here interpret dreams???

Little Baron

Does anybody here interpret dreams? If so, can you help me with this one?

It was probably just a nightmare of sorts but there was so many similar kinds of imagery that I wanted to know if anyone could help me figure it out. I have just woken from it quite startled, so I am going to try and get the main elements down as quickly as I can. Apologies if it seems a bit disjointed. I just don't want to forget the details half way through.

The earlier part of my dream was in my old college where I was with my Swedish friend Malou. We study at university together now but at that college, we studied too and that was where we met. To move around the college, we had to squeeze through the smallest holes and tunnels that our bodies could barely fit through. These tunnels were inside the walls, went up slopes, round corners and in some places had inward opening doors that we would have to shuffle back to open. Once inside, it was very claustraphobic. Once out at the end of one of the tunnels, I became stuck, even though Malou had freed herself. I couldn't push myself out even though I was aware that I probably could do it I tried. Somehow, something was stopping me and people had to be called to help pull me out, even though they couldn't. I do remember, funnily enough, that we had been on our way to the library because I knew there were some extremely 'huge' Rider Waite cards there and I wanted to reserve them. We couldn't find the library and ended up in the wrong place. While stuck at the end of the hole, I knew that to actually leave the college, there was more tunnels to travel through, that were equally tight. I knew that these tunnels were in the fashion departnent. Both Malou and I study fashion at the moment.

The next part of the dream became stranger for me. I was travelling home to my parents house. It was mid-morning, as it is now, as I write. The front's of all of the houses were absolutely stocked with flowers. As I walked along, a massive bed of flowers were the most powerful of blue and everywhere else that I looked, I could see that colour tainting my vision. As I got nearer to my parents house and began to walk towards the front path, the flowers there were so large. I remember thinking that they were so big that you could fit a human inside of them. There were so many that I had to carefully step around them to get to the front door.
Once inside my house, I looked in the mirror. For some reason, I was undressed. I turned in profile and put my arms out to embrace something. In my reflection, I was embracing a cloan of myself. We both stood there together looking out from the reflection, even though I knew that there was nobody physically in my arms. I was shocked by the vision and went down stairs to sleep on the sofa. While asleep in my dream, occasionally I would awake. The first time was to see my reflection again; this time in my pillow. My face in the relection of the pillow showed a bit scar on my cheek. In my dream, I startled and realised that this couldn't really happen.
During this sofa sleep, I heard noises. I remember thinking about my mother. Yesterday, she had told me that a woman was raped nearby and I started to worry. The sky outside had turned from sunny to a really dark purple and clouds filled the sky. I decided that I would meet her from work to make sure she was safe. At that point, she walked into the dining room, where I was. I was instantly pleased that she was home. She said that she had arrived home while I was asleep on the sofa and had come home from work early because she was unwell. As we spoke, a second 'Mum' cloan came up from behind her. I screamed. She looked behind but couldn't see the second version of herself. At that point I started to go into convulsions and couldn't speak. I was trying to explain what was there but couldn't get the words out and she was getting paniced because she couldn't understand. I picked up a peice of fruit from the dining room fruit bowl and threw it at the second mother. It hit her on the fore head but she didn't scream. My real mother did and it marked her face. Still not being able to talk I grabbed the second mother and the first one (the real one) felt it. I tapped the cloans wrist and my mother could feel it on her own. I wanted to show her what was happening, even though she could not see the cloan of herself standing in the kitchen.

I woke up from the dream at this point, compelled to note all of this down. You guys were the ones I wanted to tell, even though you probably think I am a complete lunatic now. I often have vivid dreams but this seemed a little more potent and I wanted to see if anybody could understand the symbolism.

I apologise if this is posted in the wrong thread. I frantically searched through the thread headings to see if there was one on dream interpretation and this seemed the closest. I didn't want to forget the dream and wanted to get the details down as quickly as possible. Oh, one more thing ... the tarot card I saw in the 'large' Rider Waite deck was 'The Ace of Pentacles'. I had also picked a small white rose from the front garden and taken it into the house as I entered.

Hope someone can help me with this and feel free to move it if you think another thread is more appropriate.

Best wishes from a 'little shaky' Yaboot

Inana

Yaboot, those dreams are fascinating and full of elements. The more strange the dreams, more things to tell. And these two have a lot of symbols. I always liked to analyse dreams, but I dont know much about dreams interpretation. Anyways will try to share my impressions here.

The first one with all that claustrophobic tunnels is like a layrinth. Is talking about feeling trapped or lost in some aspect of your actual life. You need to explore new ways to gain security and get out from the tunnel to be in the path you like. Since you were looking for a tarot deck, maybe you are hoping tarot, spirituality and your intuition can help you to get things better. And the card gives you the key. Do you feel blocked with your studies or in the relation with your friend? The Ace of Pentacles is a new way of handling things, different ways to work, organize your time and your material life. Probabily you have made that decision already.

About the other dream... what catch my attention here is this part:
Once inside my house, I looked in the mirror. For some reason, I was undressed. I turned in profile and put my arms out to embrace something. In my reflection, I was embracing a cloan of myself. We both stood there together looking out from the reflection, even though I knew that there was nobody physically in my arms. I was shocked by the vision and went down stairs to sleep on the sofa. While asleep in my dream, occasionally I would awake. The first time was to see my reflection again; this time in my pillow. My face in the relection of the pillow showed a bit scar on my cheek. In my dream, I startled and realised that this couldn't really happen.
You feel some part of yourself is hidden to the others and you are needing to express it? Look, the clone has a scar, do you feel hurted inside? Maybe there are some painfull memories not recovered but you are trying to deny them. Embracing your clone is like accepting repressed aspects of yourself. Yourself as you are: undressed. Theres nothing to hide.

Oh, well... maybe im far away with this. Dont know. Hope this serves for something.

ahpookus

I get a sense about the clone dream. I believe seeing yourself naked embracing a replica of yourself may mean you are coming to terms with a separate part of your psyche. Everyone plays different roles as mother, daughter, co-worker or friend. I sense there was a part of you that you rather didn't like. But now you have accepted this entity.

I also feel you saw something in your mother that may seem out of character(again playing two roles). Maybe she's becomeing more of a close friend than a nurturer. I believe that you may need to talk to her as someone other than her child, and accept her for what she has to say. Do you get along well with your mother?

I'm dying to hear more...

Melvis

Goodness, Yaboot! Your subconscious speaks to you in loud, clear tones, doesn't it? ;) Like Inana, I am fascinated! There are so many symbolic elements.

A couple ideas...

* I like Inana's points about feeling lost within yourself. I think the flowers outside the house in the second dream also points to this. Great big flowers outside to dress up the house, and maybe to cover up something that we don't want to show people. Also note that you said you remember thinking, "They were so big that you could fit a human inside of them." Perhaps this represents a part of yourself that you've hidden, and now it is ready to 'blossom'.

* What strikes me is that even though it was the copy that you made contact with, your real mother felt it. It's like an illusion, something 'behind' her (you?) is causing her pain.

* I also think it's interesting that you say that in the first dream you 'knew' that you were, "aware that I probably could do it if I tried." It's like you knew how to get out of the 'tight space' you found yourself in, but you just hadn't taken that first step yet.

* Speaking of first steps, I think picking that little flower outside your parents' home was a kind of 'first step' for you. You're starting the right way, with a small flower. Then you can work your way up to picking one of those extra-large, 'human-size' flowers! Another first step: The Ace of Pentacles, of course. What better way to start than with an Ace!

Just a few thoughts...take care, Yaboot!

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE

zorya

you have gotten some wonderful interpretations!

the first part, sounds like the typical 'jumping through hoops', that must be done to get through college/university. there are ways that things must be done, the order of which must be followed. it can feel claustrophic, as creativity is limited by requirements.

you may find a particular class or subject difficult, others are getting through the tunnel but you are stuck. it is nice that you have friends to try to help you through it. you also realize that you will have more subjects or requirements that will be just as difficult.

are you finding you don't have enough time for your tarot studies? you want to, but you have too much school work that must be dealt with first? ...and you can't move on to a career in fashion until you finish the university, ie, more tunnels.

in the second part, you spoke of all the flowers. ah, things are not as they seem. i agree with melvis about this!

the 'blue' flowers; blue could be about your throat chakra. this could be about self expression and communication. is there something that you would like to be able to communicate to your family? is there a need for better communication?

it's interesting that you accepted (hugged your clone) the differing sides of yourself. you saw the image of self with the scar. i think this may be suggesting to you that it is time to embrace the wounded parts of yourself.

here you are asleep in your parents home, and a scar is brought to mind. this shocks you. perhaps you are just beginning to see ways in which you feel they may have wounded you? this is a past wound, as it is a scar and healed.

you worry that this knowledge could deeply hurt your mother (represented by worrying about rape). maybe this has to do with the communication thing i spoke about, maybe these hurts are things you've been keeping to yourself. everyone makes like all is nice, ie, flowers. the sky darkening could be about your own anger growing.

it sounds to me like you are seeing sides of your mother that you have never really seen or admitted to before. almost like a different person. (two mothers) . she is unable to see this side of herself (maybe the side that hurt you).

you try to explain and you both end up getting distressed. you are so angry at the other side of her that you throw fruit at her. i find it interesting that you threw a symbol of nurturing and nourishment at her. she felt it, this shows that she is the same person as the one who may have hurt you, even if she is unable to see it (or in denial).

the fruit marked her face, just as yours was scarred. by bringing this out in the open, you worry about causing her injury. she came home unwell from work. you may feel that she is not 'strong' enough for it.

i was very interested in the two sets of parallels. you both had doubles, two sides. you both had scars, had suffered pain. perhaps this is what will lead to understanding and better communication.

the white rose, and the ace of pents, may be speaking of your wanting peace, and new beginnings.

Little Baron

Some very informative and 'to the point' responses here. Thank you all. I did respond yesterday but after finishing my lengthy post, managed to loose it. It wasnt in me to sit and retype it but I will later, now that I have had some time to digest all that you guys have told me.

Thanks again. I am a little tied up this weekend but I will find half an hour to respond to you all.

Yaboot